Old 04-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #41
redrose

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
at peace

redrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputationredrose Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
I loved Duran Duran first time around (I was very young) and would love to see them in concert. Didn't know that they were big across the pond - always thought that they just had a fanbase in the UK.

Duran Duran was very popular here in the Philippines during the 80's but I prefer Spandau Ballet. Actually, I've got a very big poster of Tony Hadley in my room during those times

http://youtu.be/N0SgLJEtaok
redrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #42
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Hoepfully going to SD Cali in late May of this year if nothing comes up or if it does Go to Disney World in Orlando.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #43
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Actually, I'm staying home again. I have a well-stocked lagoon across the road, a place to camp on, and a beach to swim in. That's all I need!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #44
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

In July I am taking my honey lamb and her parents (they are 90 and 86) on a tour of Detroit, MI and South Bend, IN for 10 days. HL's dad LOVES cars and so we are starting in South Bend (my home town) to visit the Studebaker museum as well as the Avanti museum and probably to meet my mom in the process (eeek!)

Then on to Detroit (where I lived for 20 years) to take a tour of the auto plants, go to the Henry Ford Museum and see the many many car attractions there. I love cars too so I have the great pleasure of hosting the rambling and organizing the festivities. I am very excited about it.

This is the first time I have introduced someone I have dated to my mom and certainly the first time I have introduced her parents. It feels like a big step.
I am really looking forward to showing my HL around my home town to see where I grew up. Also while we are there I am going to be overseeing the replacement of my grandma's headstone (she raised me ) and that will be a wonderful thing as currently there is a tiny marker and after the visit there will be a proper headstone.

We are driving from Houston, TX up to the north-lands, it should be an adventure.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #45
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
Actually, I'm staying home again. I have a well-stocked lagoon across the road, a place to camp on, and a beach to swim in. That's all I need!
I hope I get some good fishing in this year. I started fly fishing a couple of years ago and love it- but need to practice! Ocean salmon season began here this past week. Planning to do some of that. And I'll fish on my camping trips. Since it has warmed up, I am thinking of taking that trip to Bodega Bay in a couple of weeks.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #46
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

i am visiting the san francisco bay area in mid may. i am very excited about it. there are so many great restaurants that i have to check out while i am there.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #47
PumaJ

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Queer Feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

PumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default S.F. Pride weekend

Quote:
And we all ought to meet up for SF Pride! Plus,

It would be so great to see folks from the site at SF Pride. Vacation in and of itself!!!
AtLastHome, I've been invited down to S.F. that weekend for the reunion at Maud's.

Quote:
MAUD'S REUNION 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
12:00pm – 6:00pm
Finnegan’s Wake (old Maud’s)
937 Cole Street & Carl Street
San Francisco, CA 9411
I'm not sure, yet, if I'll be going, though the whole weekend looks like it will be a fun one.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #48
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation

I am also looking forward to sharing more time with you and enjoying your space. I will create a beautiful garden for you, One that will remind you of my affection and care I feel for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
My papi's visit end of May for his birthday - yay!! Lot's of planning to do, can't wait!!
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #49
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaJ View Post
AtLastHome, I've been invited down to S.F. that weekend for the reunion at Maud's.

I'm not sure, yet, if I'll be going, though the whole weekend looks like it will be a fun one.
OMG!!! I have some memories of Mauds!!! Talk about "Back in the Day!"
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #50
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Vacation? What's a vacation? "All work and no play makes for a very dull boy." (My grandmother always said that to me. I am sure it is a quote but I don't know from where.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #51
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhottie25 View Post
i am visiting the san francisco bay area in mid may. i am very excited about it. there are so many great restaurants that i have to check out while i am there.
The one restaurant I visited in San Francisco that was particularly good was Absinthe. On my next visit to the Bay Area in June, we are going to Chez Panisse which, I'm told, is also very good.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #52
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
The one restaurant I visited in San Francisco that was particularly good was Absinthe. On my next visit to the Bay Area in June, we are going to Chez Panisse which, I'm told, is also very good.
absinthe is actually on my list of restaurants to visit. i will have to check out chez panisse. david tanis is one of the chefs there. he wrote the book a platter of figs. i would love to eat his food.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #53
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhottie25 View Post
absinthe is actually on my list of restaurants to visit. i will have to check out chez panisse. david tanis is one of the chefs there. he wrote the book a platter of figs. i would love to eat his food.

You'll love Chez Panisse. I think I still have a couple of menus from when I was able to visit. I've been a fan of Alice Waters for about 20 years. It's amazing to be able to dine on the food created by legends.

If we ever get to NOLA, Cafe Bayonne is on my list. Love Susan Spicer too!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #54
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Vacation? What's a vacation? "All work and no play makes for a very dull boy." (My grandmother always said that to me. I am sure it is a quote but I don't know from where.)
Any time off for the girl has been deemed to parental visits. Hopefully, one day ( before I am too crotchety to enjoy it..LOL ) we will be able to take a real vacation just for ourselves. I am always so grateful for any time we get to just "get away", even if it is only for a night. It helps us re-connect in a world that often robs us of our "quality time".
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #55
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Puerto Rico

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #56
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

Our vacation plans are next winter, Hawaii, then Philly in May, and once we have saved more money, Scotland and Ireland. At least thats what we HOPE to do, esp Hawaii!
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #57
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Any time off for the girl has been deemed to parental visits. Hopefully, one day ( before I am too crotchety to enjoy it..LOL ) we will be able to take a real vacation just for ourselves. I am always so grateful for any time we get to just "get away", even if it is only for a night. It helps us re-connect in a world that often robs us of our "quality time".
Its that good ole southern guilt that my Momma is just a freakin legend at creating...

After the boy graduates, its on... you and me... no dogs, no house projects, no nothin but getting lost in one another somewhere quiet... I vote we go back to Asheville to that lovely "cabin"...
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #58
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

In August I'm going to Germany for two weeks. I haven't booked my flight yet but uni gave me enough money back to book a cheap flight to Hamburg... so I'm determined. It won't be a long stay and I probably won't be able to make the long trip down to Bavaria where I used to live (would love to be able to make down there for nostalgia's sake but it'd be too expensive without a pass), but at least I'm going!

I'll mostly be spending my time in Schleswig-Holstein camping out at a festival with some friends and then probably doing some traveling around Schleswig-Holstein and Niedersachsen. I don't want to spend too much time in Hamburg because there's not much to do there, but maybe make it up to Lübeck (great city, first time I witnessed broad daylight in the middle of the night lol), over to Hannover and a few other places.

Really excited!
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #59
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I am really excited for the Reunion of course, but that is a whole other thread!

I am hoping business picks up just a smidge so I can get my ticket booked to Ft Lauderdale for my break in September, right after Labor Day weekend. My sister, my best friend, and I are going to go down for a week and stay in my buddy's condo for free. We will buy food and cook most meals there....and it is only a stone's throw from the beach! When you sit on the balcony, you can see between the buildings across the street and the sand and waves are right THERE! I am stoked to go lay on the beach and do NOTHING....NO studying, NO drama, NO computers, NO work, and I will be there with 2 of my favorite people in the world!!

Once I graduate in March 2012, I plan on heading to Mexico to do nothing on the beach; then it is time to get a real job and start my new exciting life!! All at the ripe young age of 40!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #60
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

I brought in NYE in Ft Lauderdale and stayed there a week before traveling through different parts of Fl for 2 more. I LOVED it there. If u haven't been there already u have to check out the Gayborhood! There is some FABULOUS resteraunts down there.