Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #41
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
I can't handle the smell of Vanilla... it makes me want to vomit... Shot, dee, I believe you have seen my perfume collection I am all about how stuff smells. I recently was introduced to a new scent by Scentsy Weathered leather... I may have swooned... just a little... some of their other scents are to die for...
i did hear that the Scentsy leather stuff was awesome.

i just can't handle scents, i don't like them, the older i get the more sensitive i am to it.

i just want things to look and BE clean, and hopefully the smell won't be overbearing.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #42
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Uses for used coffee grounds?
If I remember right you can use them around your rose bushes.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrocell View Post
If I remember right you can use them around your rose bushes.
that'll work in the summer!
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #44
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Coffee grounds are also good if planted around carrots. It helps work as a repellent and at the same time makes it easier to weed and tug them out at harvest time.

Oh and works as a cat repellent. My mother uses them in the flowerbeds to keep the cats from doing their business in there.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #45
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

And, coffee grounds are sooooo much better for the environment. Plus, if you do have pets/kids, they are non-toxic.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #46
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Coffee grounds are also good if planted around carrots. It helps work as a repellent and at the same time makes it easier to weed and tug them out at harvest time.

Oh and works as a cat repellent. My mother uses them in the flowerbeds to keep the cats from doing their business in there.
i had no idea about the cat thing....

doesn't the grounds draw bugs though? No?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
i had no idea about the cat thing....

doesn't the grounds draw bugs though? No?
Actually Dee, it will work as a repellent rather than an attractant.

http://lifehacker.com/271962/feed-yo...coffee-grounds
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #48
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Actually Dee, it will work as a repellent rather than an attractant.

http://lifehacker.com/271962/feed-yo...coffee-grounds
sounds good!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #49
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

If you have ants this is what you do sprinkle cinnamon where you see them sweep into cracks and when ant season is over just sweep and wash. Only use cinnamon without the sugar. It works!!
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #50
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

ok i am liking the vinegar in the wash, the detergent dispense is all shiny
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #51
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I will have to try using the vinegar in the washer trick... I am very thankful that I have a washer and dryer in my place, most don't... I do however have to head down to the laundry mat to wash my comforter... that should be interesting...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #52
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

that is one thing that i do NOT miss is hauling the dirty laundry around

the vinegar is a wonderful trick

the doggie blankets sometimes aren't as clean as i like even after a wash but with the vinegar they seems way better

you know we have a pack of 7 so there is lots of doggie laundry lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #53
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,859 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Uses for used coffee grounds?

Yes!

For brunettes only: add 1/4 cup of used coffee grounds to about 3 cups of hot water, and let it sit until completely cool. Then strain it till all grounds are removed. Pour the liquid over your hair after washed and conditioned, and rinse after a couple of minutes. (I pour it into an empty shampoo bottle, and keep it in the shower.) It brings out lowlights, dissolves product buildup and leaves your hair super shiny and bouncy. (Plus if you use flavoured coffee, your hair will smell exceptionally delicious. I usually do this with crème brulée flavoured coffee, but sometimes with coconut.) Works on coloured hair too, as long as it's brown.
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #54
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious View Post
Yes!

For brunettes only: add 1/4 cup of used coffee grounds to about 3 cups of hot water, and let it sit until completely cool. Then strain it till all grounds are removed. Pour the liquid over your hair after washed and conditioned, and rinse after a couple of minutes. (I pour it into an empty shampoo bottle, and keep it in the shower.) It brings out lowlights, dissolves product buildup and leaves your hair super shiny and bouncy. (Plus if you use flavoured coffee, your hair will smell exceptionally delicious. I usually do this with crème brulée flavoured coffee, but sometimes with coconut.) Works on coloured hair too, as long as it's brown.
REALLY????????????
Old 03-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #55
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,859 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
REALLY????????????

Yes, really!
One thing I forgot to mention is that you want to use a lot of it . . this recipe makes enough for 2 or 3 uses, depending on the length of your hair. Pour it over your hair and keep pouring, you really want to drench your hair with it.
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #56
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

has anyone ever tried aluminum foil in the dryer rather than dryer sheets?

i hear it works for static without the dryer sheet crap
Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #57
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I use essential oils a lot to clean, repel pest, all kinds of things.

When deep cleaning I fill a bucket of warm water, add little mint oil & lavender. I clean all kinds of things- the counters, walls and floors. I also use a steamer. The scent of peppermint bugs and mice hate it. I sometimes put some in a spray bottle, hot water and spray along base boards, under counters and even in my barn. This year I'm planting all kinds of mint in the ground all around the barn. I hate rats.

I've recently received several large Himalayan Salt Lamps. Once is 25 pounds, the other smaller and in my bedroom. I am amazed how well it cleans the air and the energy it emits. Very calming and tranquil. I wish I had some this sooner.

I don't like to use chemicals on the floors. I don't want to inhale it nor so I want all the dogs stepping on it. We use plant based products to clean dog areas. You can also get a big big jar, put lots of orange peels, add white vinegar ( I also add mint) let it sit for a few days. It makes a very strong cleaner you can use directly for problems or add to mop water for a wonderful safe floor cleaner.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #58
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

my favorite oil to add to mop water is Sweet Birch
Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #59
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I love steam for cleaning. I use a steam mop with plain water on the floors since I have dogs and cats to think about. In bathrooms, around trash cans and on any spots.....I just let it sit and steam for a minute or two without moving it. Works like a charm.

To clean a dirty microwave, I put a cup of plain water in and turn it on for about 3 minutes....long enough for it to boil and steam for awhile. Everything will just wipe right out easily. If there are food odors in the microwave, add a splash of vinegar to the water.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #60
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of microwaves, if your kitchen sponge is getting smelly but is still in good condition, wet it and put it in the microwave for around 90 seconds. It will kill the bacteria so you can continue to use the sponge.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: