Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #21
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Last night, at the Grammys. She was robbed. I think she is one of the most original performers in decades and has the pipes, the REAL voice without all of the synth and reverb, to prove it.

I was going to ask if PETA came and took her fur when I first read your thread title

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

PINK and GAGA....

That's who I want to hear together!! Could they do a famous kiss for good measure too? *smirk*

God I love Pink.. now she is as REAL as they get!!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #24
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Taylor is ok. Daddy loves her.

Elton Jon fucking wil always rock in my book and lady gaga is ok

I love it all
Old 02-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #25
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]Swift still lives with her parents. Oy. A billionaire-ous (sp?) and living at home. It makes no sense. She has no responsibility.
COLOR]
I happened to catch her on an interview within the last few weeks. Oprah? Can't remember. But she was saying she did recently purchase a home and plans to move out this summer.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #26
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say that one of my favorite performances was Pink! And no, not because of her outfit!! I loved the song she sang, then when she spun that water all over the people in their formal attire.....AND was still singing, not missing a note....WoW!

I haven't always been a huge Pink fan, but that song was da bomb!

I wasn't really fond of Beyonce's performance, as I think all the soldiers were really kind of pointless, the song she sang in the middle was mediocre, and I was disappointed she didn't do more dancing instead of crawling around on stage. She looked gorgeous the rest of the night! Who was that little boy wiht Jay-Z?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #27
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

Whoever came up with the idea that Taylor and Stevie Nicks should sing together should be fired! And Stevie Nicks playing backup to Taylor Swift???? What has the world come too???? Taylor just isn't all that but to make it worse she was flat and off key. The whole thing reminded me of a stick of dynomite and a cap gun. I don't think anyone was really awed with Taylor's off-key 'pop'.

But.... Elton John with Lady Gaga - brilliant!!!!!! And they sang together beautifully!!!

~~~shark~~~~~~~~
oh... and Pink shewwwwwwww she is the real deal!!

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post
~~~shark~~~~~~~~
oh... and Pink shewwwwwwww she is the real deal!!
Everytime I see Pink on TV...I say to myself, "Please be gay, please be gay. Hell I'll even turn butch for you, ya sexy thang". LMAOOOO
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #29
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I really can't add anything but my agreement. Pink is incredible. Lady Gaga and Elton John were amazing. Taylor seems like a nice young woman, and I'm impressed with her ambition and talent (writing, producing, directing...she does it all). I am not a fan of her songs--I find the themes and the tone of her voice to be insipid. I had to leave the room for the duet. It was utterly painful. I was also hoping for a little more from the MJ tribute--the singing was amazing. We had our 3-D glasses on (really!) but we didn't see anything, even with HD. And, finally, Stephen Colbert added nothing to the evening, in my opinion. And, there you have it.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #30
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Everytime I see Pink on TV...I say to myself, "Please be gay, please be gay. Hell I'll even turn butch for you, ya sexy thang". LMAOOOO
She was photographed in some naughty shots with some girls (different girls at separate times) and rumored to be bisexual before she and Cory married.

*shrug*

Maybe......

Either way, I think she's freakin' fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I really can't add anything but my agreement. Pink is incredible. Lady Gaga and Elton John were amazing. Taylor seems like a nice young woman, and I'm impressed with her ambition and talent (writing, producing, directing...she does it all). I am not a fan of her songs--I find the themes and the tone of her voice to be insipid. I had to leave the room for the duet. It was utterly painful. I was also hoping for a little more from the MJ tribute--the singing was amazing. We had our 3-D glasses on (really!) but we didn't see anything, even with HD. And, finally, Stephen Colbert added nothing to the evening, in my opinion. And, there you have it.
Ambition, yes. I hope she gets a bit more into acting. I saw her on CSI and she's in that movie with about 400 other celebrities coming out soon (the name escapes me). She was actually pretty good in the CDI episode. Maybe she'll concentrate more on acting and songwriting in the future.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Andddd OMGGGGG Gemme...she and her hubby live in Vegas!! But, ummmm...Im a lil old for her lmao. She is so damned talented. I love her music. Her political views and her fearlessness.

Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
She was photographed in some
naughty shots with some girls (different girls at separate times) and rumored to be bisexual before she and Cory married.

*shrug*

Maybe......

Either way, I think she's freakin' fantastic!

Ambition, yes. I hope she gets a bit more into acting. I saw her on CSI and she's in that movie with about 400 other celebrities coming out soon (the name escapes me). She was actually pretty good in the CDI episode. Maybe she'll concentrate more on acting and songwriting in the future.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #32
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jesus Medusa!

Quote:
Last night, at the Grammys. She was robbed. I think she is one of the most original performers in decades and has the pipes, the REAL voice without all of the synth and reverb, to prove it.

I read through into the third page here, looking for "HOW" she was robbed - her jewelry, money, GOLD FLECKED GLITTER picked off of her - was she thumped or not!?

I tell ya, I'm not all here today!

I think the opening of the show was great - and her outfit! (Had to have a good waxin' there, eh?!) The match up with Elton was PERFECT! It was like fraternal (or even identical?) twins! Did anyone notice that the network did a black box out over her breast area on the one side piano shot. My regular (local?) network did this. (Of course, I might have been hallucinating!)

I think the PINK performance was the best I've ever seen on any of these award shows. And there have been some good ones over the years. Unbelievable. The human carousel over her and then, YES... the water. Hot. I was watching with someone "on the phone", and I said, "that robe outfit is coming OFF and when it DID!?(&$#&$), and she went into that sheet craddle... and was lifted up! And her singing, it was a perfect performance - and being live and all. She's got GUTS, that one!! Woot!!!!!!__

I think with T. Swift... she is a very wonderful personality and it is a different genre and singing style. However, she was very nervous and completely OFF that first song and it was awful with her and Stevie together. I felt embarrassed for both of them. However, I also was waiting for Kanye to run up to the stage dressed up in maybe a Lady GaGa-like outfit/disguise and grab her mike and thump Nicks with it - or some damn wild thing?! So, if I thought that, I can only imagine what the hell was going through HER mind! And to do THAT particular [first] song, with Stevie backing up. She probably streaked her panties a bit.

They blended better, thank GOODNESS on the second song. (Bully I have a little crush on Stevie too, better move over buddy! )

Beyonce grabbing her crotch! (Anyone feel Michael's presence right there?! ) I wonder what Rosanne Barr had to say about that!? Well, Beyonce didn't spit though, I don't think...?

Wild dynamic set wasn't it? I really liked the change up... to more modern. We were due for that.

And yeah, what the heck was Colbert doing there anyway? He could have been funny at least... maybe.

Wildcat

WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #33
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I could not agree more. Her talent is amazing across the boards - her voice, her composition, her choreography, everything that goes into a Gaga performance. Yes, she was robbed this year - but she's going to be around for many years to come - I suspect she has many grammys in her future.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #34
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

And how could I forget to mention her wardrobe. Some folks can't pull off the wild thing - she OWNS the wild thing. And one last thing, I love that she plays piano sometimes as part of the show. That's all, unless I think of more.

Off to go gaga over Gaga...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketWWarrick View Post
I could not agree more. Her talent is amazing across the boards - her voice, her composition, her choreography, everything that goes into a Gaga performance. Yes, she was robbed this year - but she's going to be around for many years to come - I suspect she has many grammys in her future.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #35
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have to agree with all of the love going out to Pink and Lady Gaga

I've always loved Pink (talk about HOT) and I've always been gaga over Lady Gaga *drool*

And I know that I won't be the most popular person here for this opinion, but I won't deny that I adore Taylor Swift
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #36
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's not that liking Taylor Swift is unpopular. She won four Grammies. I could see or even two of them. She deserves that; she's good at most of what she does. She's not FOUR Grammies worth of good is what I am saying. One for Beyonce and one for Lady Gaga would have made me perfectly content.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 10:09 PM   #37
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

This thread is about 6 years old now BUT it's funny in a way! Pink, Elton, Lady Gaga and Taylor are still on the scene. I wonder if any of the previous posters have come around to being Taylor fans???
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #38
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I think Taylor has definitely improved as she's aged. Her song writing has always been better than her vocals but her vocals are getting better now that her voice is fully developed.

Getting back to the heart of the thread, YES. Lady Gaga totally got robbed at the Oscars.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: