Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Illinois Forums

Old 04-11-2019, 05:47 AM   #21
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone in or near Chicago?
It would be nice to actually meet people from BFP
Fishing, bbq, restaurant, etc, etc...anyone up for it?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #22
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Anyone in or near Chicago?
It would be nice to actually meet people from BFP
Fishing, bbq, restaurant, etc, etc...anyone up for it?
In the past 3 months I've visited Chicago twice, Valentine Day week & the week-end of St Patrick's Day. I had thought I would be back sometime in May but my Chicago companion will be visiting here instead.

Wolfy, I would love to meet up at a restaurant, attend a bbq, etc etc!

I will let you know ASAP when I'm heading up your way again.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2019, 10:34 AM   #23
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #24
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
absolutely it is my kind of town!
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #25
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
In the past 3 months I've visited Chicago twice, Valentine Day week & the week-end of St Patrick's Day. I had thought I would be back sometime in May but my Chicago companion will be visiting here instead.

Wolfy, I would love to meet up at a restaurant, attend a bbq, etc etc!

I will let you know ASAP when I'm heading up your way again.

That would be great
I'm about 35 miles west of Chicago
Just let me know when you come back

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 06:55 PM   #26
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDyke View Post
absolutely it is my kind of town!

Just wanted you to know, 2 years ago I was here
I've been back in my home state 5 years now

Old 05-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #27
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hoosier by birth, forever a Chicagoan by choice!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2019, 02:09 AM   #28
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
imo Belmont&Broadway will always be cool.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2019, 09:55 PM   #29
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Foodies, mark your calendar.......

Bon appetit presents Chicago Gourmet Sept 24 - 29 Millennium Park

The Bon Appétit presents Chicago Gourmet weekend in Millennium Park is an absolute show stopper. Leading up to and throughout the festival weekend, this year's Encore Events truly celebrate all things food + entertainment. From a VIP evening at the theatre to see "Hamilton," to an Italian Feast on the Odyssey Chicago River inspired by "The Godfather," to a star-studded gourmet chili cookoff on the Harris Theater Rooftop, our series of movie, TV and theater-inspired culinary events will have you cheering for more.

250 chefs, 50 sommeliers, mixologists & experts, `75 vintners, distillers & brewers, grand tastings, demos & seminars, book signings, plus more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 05:25 PM   #30
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Chalk Howard Street....

Saturday July 20 2019 Howard Street and Paulina Street

The surface of Howard Street becomes a canvas for 3D chalk artists and local street artists at Chalk Howard Street, a festival devoted to art scrawled on pavement.

Artists Anat Ronen and Nate Baranowski will reate murals that function as optical illusions, allowing guests to take photos with superheroes and characters that appear to be crawling out of the ground. The free one-day event in Rogers Park will also feature live music, entertainment, food and drinks, as well as plenty of opportunities to snap a mind-blowing shot for your Instagram feed
Old 07-19-2019, 09:09 PM   #31
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Saturday July 20 2019 Howard Street and Paulina Street

The surface of Howard Street becomes a canvas for 3D chalk artists and local street artists at Chalk Howard Street, a festival devoted to art scrawled on pavement.

Artists Anat Ronen and Nate Baranowski will reate murals that function as optical illusions, allowing guests to take photos with superheroes and characters that appear to be crawling out of the ground. The free one-day event in Rogers Park will also feature live music, entertainment, food and drinks, as well as plenty of opportunities to snap a mind-blowing shot8j for your Instagram feed
Rogers Park used to be a very vibrant neighborhood. Was a city into it's self and self contained pretty much. As I remember, no clothing store lol. But, had a lot from The Leather Archives and Museum to a Vet's' Office's, a Catholic Cathedral, major grocery store, bodegas, an occult shop, many entrepreneurial businesses, so many others. The major N/S L train station with a Currency Exchange (an important Chicago thing), much else including only a few blocks to Lake Michigan and to a beach

This area is an important neighborboods that has fallen times, especially East Rogers. Gangs have moved in, crime has risen, the beautiful large apartment buildings are not being maintained with gang tags inside and out.
They need the city to come in and take control of the crime in the area and put some money in it like
was done in

Buena Vista

Heartland Cafe was the major stabliziing force, they poured a lot of resource in to the area has permanently closed. They had a promise that they would remain with the neighborhood if the
environments changed.

The text problem was due to my Amazon Fire

T

Old 07-20-2019, 06:02 AM   #32
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~
cathexis, I was never at Rogers Park Homeland Cafe but I have been to the other one on Glenwood Ave..
Old 07-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #33
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if this is relevant, but my grandfather and his second wife are buried in Oak Woods Cemetery, along with their daughter (who would have been my father's half-sister), who died at age 8.

This is ironic, because my genealogical snooping uncovered that they went through a nasty divorce (finalized three months before the daughter died). My grandmother, who was Wife #3, paid for the plot. She outlived my grandfather by 30 years, so must have decided to have him placed with his daughter.

My father grew up in Oak Park, and I have his senior yearbook .
Old 08-07-2019, 07:12 AM   #34
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
I don't know if this is relevant, but my grandfather and his second wife are buried in Oak Woods Cemetery, along with their daughter (who would have been my father's half-sister), who died at age 8.

This is ironic, because my genealogical snooping uncovered that they went through a nasty divorce (finalized three months before the daughter died). My grandmother, who was Wife #3, paid for the plot. She outlived my grandfather by 30 years, so must have decided to have him placed with his daughter.

My father grew up in Oak Park, and I have his senior yearbook .

Cool info...and Oak Park is full of Frank Lloyd Wright houses. It's a wonderful little town filled with eye popping architect. Some were even used in various movies over the years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #35
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Rogers Park used to be a very vibrant neighborhood. Was a city into it's self and self contained pretty much. As I remember, no clothing store lol. But, had a lot from The Leather Archives and Museum to a Vet's' Office's, a Catholic Cathedral, major grocery store, bodegas, an occult shop, many entrepreneurial businesses, so many others. The major N/S L train station with a Currency Exchange (an important Chicago thing), much else including only a few blocks to Lake Michigan and to a beach

This area is an important neighborboods that has fallen times, especially East Rogers. Gangs have moved in, crime has risen, the beautiful large apartment buildings are not being maintained with gang tags inside and out.
They need the city to come in and take control of the crime in the area and put some money in it like
was done in

Buena Vista

Heartland Cafe was the major stabliziing force, they poured a lot of resource in to the area has permanently closed. They had a promise that they would remain with the neighborhood if the
environments changed.

The text problem was due to my Amazon Fire

T

My family lived in West Rogers Park for 30 years. I ran the streets in both East and West as a kid. It boarders Evanston up and down Howard Street. I was in the neighborhood about 4 years ago and was saddened by how bad it looked. Growing up there in the 60's and 70's was wonderful. It would be nice to see the beauty that it once was. So many neighborhoods in Chicago that were dilapidated have been restored, so perhaps there is still hope for Rogers Park in the future.

Gang violence is in every neighborhood in Chicago. It's why I left and came to the suburbs.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #36
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
My family lived in West Rogers Park for 30 years. I ran the streets in both East and West as a kid. It boarders Evanston up and down Howard Street. I was in the neighborhood about 4 years ago and was saddened by how bad it looked. Growing up there in the 60's and 70's was wonderful. It would be nice to see the beauty that it once was. So many neighborhoods in Chicago that were dilapidated have been restored, so perhaps there is still hope for Rogers Park in the future.

Gang violence is in every neighborhood in Chicago. It's why I left and came to the suburbs.
We will be moving back to the MW within the year, wish we could find a North area that's both affordable on Social Security and safe. Would be nice to buy a house/condo in Evanston or Skokie or where I was going to...John Hancock bldg. Those dreams ended when I lost my entire inheritance in the 2008 crash.

So, now we are probably looking in WI. At least we won't have to deal with those extra taxes for living in the city. We are still looking in my beloved city. Picky, though, needs to be within walking distance of the lake, on a N/S train, and the two aforementioned requirements. Don't want much, do I? Lol. Oak St.would be great...oh, yeah no money.
Will keep looking, maybe Buena Vista. They have really done wonders there. I lived there when the cockroaches outnumbered the people about 30:1 during college.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #37
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Chicago’s Loftiest Foreclosure—and Possibly the World’s!
List Price: $1,750,000
Sale Price: $950,000

The Property: When a 2,900-square-foot condo on the 83rd floor at the John Hancock Center sold June 22, it became Chicago’s loftiest foreclosure—and very likely, the world’s.

cathexis, let's not give up on that dream apt in the John Hancock just yet....
Old 08-08-2019, 02:33 AM   #38
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Chicago’s Loftiest Foreclosure—and Possibly the World’s!
List Price: $1,750,000
Sale Price: $950,000

The Property: When a 2,900-square-foot condo on the 83rd floor at the John Hancock Center sold June 22, it became Chicago’s loftiest foreclosure—and very likely, the world’s.

cathexis, let's not give up on that dream apt in the John Hancock just yet....
We may not luck into this sort of deal, but then again one can never tell......
Old 08-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #39
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Northhalsted Market Days is this weekend! Going with my blushing bride to shop, dance and have a great time! Wooooot!
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #40
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Chicago’s Little Italy Festa-Taylor St and Ashland Ave Aug 15 2019-Aug 18 2019

Head to Taylor Street for an evening of delicious Italian food and entertainment at this four-day street festival. Guests will be able to sample dishes from local restaurants, shop a selection of Italian goods or enjoy acts performing on one of seven stages throughout the event.

Chicago’s Little Italy Festa-Taylor Street will also host the first Gelato Festival Chicago, a ticketed event that offers all-you-can-eat desserts that are being made on-site.