Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Illinois Forums

Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Windy City (aka Center of the Universe, aka Chicago)

I figured y'all needed a thread. Additionally, I happen to be heading your way next week (November 16-20th) and wanted to know if anyone wanted to meet up for dinner (best day would be the 19th but let me know). I'll be in the downtown area (Central Loop area?).
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default Southern/ Central Illinois

So I am across the street from Beaver Dam State Park but dont worry no one can mapquest that and figure out my exact address or stalk me. So feel free to mapquest it. I been thinking for a few years now about having a BF campout. I know that by itself would exclude the more sensitive souls who associate camping with hell. BUT those who feel it is an ideal vacation would be very welcome. Not a gathering just an extra dose of BFers at a different time period than all the other gatherings.... maybe for those who need something totally free... well minus the gas to get here anyway.

I got 4 horses on 40 acres, wooded, hilly, with beautiful prairie like fields to picnic in. There's a stocked pond of bluegill and carp and catfish. (See my roomates pic.) So from outside our walkout door its about 20-30 feet to the pond. You'll pass the pool table that has a pin pong table top we put up on it when sick of pool. We have a decent game room in the downstairs and a LOT of extra indoor room if someone cant sleep outdoors or we run out of tents.

And when we are sick of outdoor stuff and need some nightlife, we drive an hour or so to St. Louis Mo or 40 mins or so to Springfield IL and visit with other glbt folks. That isnt appealing I know, but our local strait bars are very hip and accepting considering the rural area so I dont feel deprived unless I think of my fellow BF community. I am deprived of socializing with anyone from our community. I would love to go to Chicago again soon but its over a 4 hour drive and times are tight.

Anyway hit me up before summer hits and my open invite can become the vacaction you wouldnt be able to have anywhere else for free... lol. You can be the bringer of a vacation TO ME yay! lol.
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

LOL.. That was LAST November... not the one coming up. But if I make it out there again, I'll ping ya..

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

wow ...... looks like no ones been in here for a while.. lol
anyways......
im here in the area of Chicagoland...... not sure how long i will be here for.
but........ anyways..

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default While You Are There

You should try to check out some of the little shops. There used to be this great coffee shop up in Waukegan that had amatuer nights of spoken poetry, folk music etc...They had good stuff to eat and drink yumm There was a joining store same owner where they sold insense and New Age stuff and Books. I bet its prolly gone by now.... but I bet there's a ton of them around for every niche you might have. they aren't just about the Blues and art museums tho I love that too! Just wanted to say that you are in a cultural heart so you shouldn't be shy about sight seeing! Chicago is by far my second fav city in this country, second to only Dallas Tx my Childhood Home of course.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

What's there to do in Chicago nowadays? I haven't been in like 10 years, so I'm sure it's changed a lot. Last time I was there I liked hanging around the Belmont/Broadway area. Is it still "cool" there? I do know that Reckless Records is still there, which is a good sign.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
vegan_gypsy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme

vegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
What's there to do in Chicago nowadays? I haven't been in like 10 years, so I'm sure it's changed a lot. Last time I was there I liked hanging around the Belmont/Broadway area. Is it still "cool" there? I do know that Reckless Records is still there, which is a good sign.
I know this post is two months old, but I thought I'd respond since I live in Chicago. "Cool" all depends on what you're into. The Belmont/Broadway area is okay. It's mostly overrun with either straight yuppies or white gay men. But yes, there is still a Reckless there, as well as the one in Wicker Park. The new(ish) queer hot spots are Logan Square and Edgewater/Rogers Park.
vegan_gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

imo Belmont&Broadway will always be cool.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #9
CockyDude
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
What is today?

CockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hey

Bumpin this thread. Where's all the Chicago peeps? Let's hear it!
CockyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CockyDude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
vegan_gypsy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme

vegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyDude View Post
Haaaaay! NW side representin'.
vegan_gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vegan_gypsy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah!!!! Thanks for the bump :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyDude View Post
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
CockyDude
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
What is today?

CockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST ReputationCockyDude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oh yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan_gypsy View Post
Haaaaay! NW side representin'.
That was my stompin grounds for years.
CockyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #13
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Y'all ready for winter Chicago style?

CHICAGO (CBS) — The City of Chicago says it's ready for the worst when it comes to winter weather.

As WBBM Newsradio's Lisa Fielding reports, city officials gathered Wednesday at the Office of Emergency Management and Communications to reassure the public that its departments are ready for what could be an extremely rough winter.

AccuWeather has predicted temperatures 2 to 3 degrees colder than normal, and nearly twice the normal amount of snowfall. The agency's long-range forecast predicts the Chicago area will be hit with 50 to 58 inches of snow in total — at least 20 inches above normal. The Farmers' Almanac also said to expect Chicago to get slammed this winter.

There is no prediction about whether a blizzard like the one seen this past first Feb. 1 and 2 could occur again this coming winter, but if it does, the city is ready. "We're extremely prepared for another blizzard," said OEMC Executive Director Gary Schenkel. "We've not only done the after action review, but we've come up with new procedures." The city has purchased 30 new snow plow trucks, it's improved its communication and finished a project to avert problems on Lake Shore Drive.

During the February blizzard, Lake Shore Drive was shut down for 33 hours and hundreds of cars were left stranded. City officials say the finished project should keep that from happening again. "There are removable barriers that we can go in there with front-end loaders and remove them quickly," said Department of Streets and Sanitation Commissioner Tom Byrne. "If we are stuck like we were last year, the idea is that we can move those barriers during the course of the night, get those people out to get them some relief and get them south." Byrne says the department also has about 312,000 tons of salt ready.

Schenkel says the OEMC will be utilizing Twitter, Facebook and an online service called Notify Chicago to communicate weather alerts and other important weather news. There were 57.9 inches of snow last year, which was 20 inches above normal. The February blizzard dropped 21.2 inches.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Keeping an eye on this forum... The weather sound really interesting!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #15
ButchKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch/Daddy to the right Woman/girl

ButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST Reputation
Question hey neighbors

want to spend day in Chicago any bfp folks interested in hanging?
ButchKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ButchKnight For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Yes, but today, eh friend? lol How's the weather where you are? We're getting snow and wind here in NW Indiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchKnight View Post
want to spend day in Chicago any bfp folks interested in hanging?
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

knock knock anyone home?

I'll be back at my parents in se wi from march 28th til april 11th.

don't know who is in the chicago area but would love to meet up with people if they want!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #18
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Thought I'd bump this thread. See who is active on the site from my area.
randrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #19
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I was gone from my home state for 10 years and haven't posted here. I actually see no one has in a couple years...dusting the room, re-opening the doors for anyone in or near the windy city that may want to meet others from BFP

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #20
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Hello out there! Any active members still around?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote