Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-04-2014, 03:03 AM   #61
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
YOu know, I am embarrassed to say: never saw The Wire, might have to binge about it
Stop being embarrassed and binge it. It's so good and appropriate for the current police brutality. I'm thinking of rewatching it. Or perhaps Mad Men - to gear up for the final season.
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2014, 03:10 AM   #62
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I love Scandal, speaking of a fixer.
I love Scandal too. And I'm a total freak about it. It's the only show I watch in real time so that I can read the Scandalistas and Scandalrati FB group on the commercials and then listen to Jaha Night's You Tube video on Friday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2014, 03:14 AM   #63
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' View Post
hannibal
cis anathang
(yes i dis just admit that)
I like Hannibal. What is cis anathang?
Old 12-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #64
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeSteady View Post
I like Hannibal. What is cis anathang?
csi: the original, ny, l.a., miami. haven't seen new orleans yet...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #65
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

Quote:
csi: the original, ny, l.a., miami. haven't seen new orleans yet...

holy moly, i'ma mergin' csi's and ncis'. lol
Old 12-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #66
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
holy moly, i'ma mergin' csi's and ncis'. lol
That's pretty funny.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #67
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

American Horror Story
Sons of Anarchy
Downton Abbey
HGTV House Hunters
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #68
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
American Horror Story
Sons of Anarchy
Downton Abbey
HGTV House Hunters
There is only one more episode of Sons of Anarchy!

It has been an amazing show and this week's episode was a true classic.

I will not say more, because some folks may not have seen it yet.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #69
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

I gave up on SOA after that act of female/female violence that left me feeling sick in the last episode of the previous season. Started this final season and felt that it's trying to out-do BreakingBad on the escaslation of violence and has suffered because of it.

So disappointed with the turn it took that I don't know that I'll bother watching the entirety of the final season.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #70
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Is anybody watching The Affair on Showtime? I'm eagerly awaiting the finale on Sunday.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #71
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I know and it saddens me that the show is over. I however still have my American Horror Story but I am hoping that does not end.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #72
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Possible spoiler, though the title tells the tale..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeSteady View Post
Is anybody watching The Affair on Showtime? I'm eagerly awaiting the finale on Sunday.
Yes, we are watching it.

Eagerly? I wouldn't exactly use that word for us.

We veer between cursing the cheater Noah, to disliking Alison (and that she is also a cheater, among other things) and being engaged in the story overall.

There is a lot of talking to the TV during this show. We have watched every episode (though we kinda wonder why we are, most of the time) and are really waiting for the outcome of the murder and "who-done-it".

Ambivalence is the theme of our house and the show: "The Affair".

We are watching it; however conflicted we are about the show.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #73
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

I Love OITNB.......Pitbulls and Parolees.......Hell's Kitchen.......Madam Secretary.......
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #74
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Yes, we are watching it.

Eagerly? I wouldn't exactly use that word for us.

We veer between cursing the cheater Noah, to disliking Alison (and that she is also a cheater, among other things) and being engaged in the story overall.

There is a lot of talking to the TV during this show. We have watched every episode (though we kinda wonder why we are, most of the time) and are really waiting for the outcome of the murder and "who-done-it".

Ambivalence is the theme of our house and the show: "The Affair".

We are watching it; however conflicted we are about the show.
I hear you. Sometimes I truly hate Noah. However, I'm interested in some of the themes - can it really be true love between Noah and Alison or are they both just trying to escape? What is the show saying when the father-in-law said he thinks about his student that made him come alive everyday even though his affair was decades ago? Is Noah SUPPOSED to "go for it?" Why can't Noah talk to his wife about what bothers him about his life? Would she really be able to listen? She seems to want to listen to him but would she be able to change her life? I guess I'm also invested in Alison, Noah and Helen and I want to see what happens ... will the affair make their lives better or worse in the end? And, of course, "who-done-it."
Old 12-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #75
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone watch Z Nation? Its the only Zombie show I like
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #76
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

I've just binged watched the craziest U.K. series called Utopia. It's about people obsessed a graphic novel and conspiracy theories. I'm pretty psyched to watch the second season. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utopia Anybody else seen it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #77
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

We are getting ready to watch season 3 of House of Cards.

The GF is a little too excited about getting to see Robin Wright again.

Can't say I actually blame her... Robin is kinda femme and kinda butch.

~Washington Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #78
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Gillian!!!

NEWS/ The X-Files Is Officially Coming Back With David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson—The Truth Is Still Out There!

by CHRIS HARNICK Today 9:30 AM PDT

The truth is still out there and The X-Filesis back to expose it. That's right, it's official: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are suiting up once again as Mulder and Scully 13 years after the series ended for a new season of the Fox series. Mulder will yell "Scully!" once again on your television and Scully will exclaim "Oh my god" and everything will be right in the TV world.

Series creator Chris Carter is on board to helm the "six episode event series," Fox officially announced.

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," Carter said in a statement. "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories."

The series is set to begin production this summer with a premiere date to be determined.

"We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of The X-Files—one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers—and we couldn't be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again," Fox's Gary Newmanand Dana Walden said in a statement. "The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture—yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as The X-Files, and we're ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they've been waiting for."

Chatter of an X-Files revival started gaining steam in early 2015 when Fox bosses confirmed they had started conversations about bringing back the beloved series that ran for nine seasons from 1993-2002 and spawned two movies.

"If this happens, it will be with David and Gillian reprising their roles. Chris is interested, both David and Gillian are interested. Scheduling it is very different," Gary Newman told press at TCA. "David has his shows and Gillian is doing something in the UK, so it's a little hard. I really don't know how fast it can happen because of that. But there are ongoing conversations happening.
The projects Newman referred to are Duchovny's NBC series Aquarius and Anderson's BBC projects including a recently announced third season of The Fall and a War and Peace miniseries.

She's also a series regular on NBC's Hannibal. Carter was attached to an Amazon series, but it was canceled before it had its proper series debut.

The X-Files revival is similar to what Fox did with 24: Live Another Day. The network revived the Kiefer Sutherland series years after its cancellation to much success. NBC is bringing back Heroes for another go and there's even rumors of more Law & Order in the wings. Basically nothing stays canceled! Except Freaks and Geeks.

Now say it with us: I want to believe!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/638454/t...till-out-there

~Washington Post

Last edited by *Anya*; 03-24-2015 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Typo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #79
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Woohoo X files is back! Can't wait!

Gillian is hubba hubba lol

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #80
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Want to see if your favorite TV show is coming back or if it has been canceled?

The Washington Post has listed the currently renewed and canceled shows. They will update the list the rest of the week:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ending_strip_3

~Washington Post

Last edited by *Anya*; 05-12-2015 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Could have sworn canceled had two l's!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: