Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't really remember any dreams anymore. I tend to sleep hard nowadays and that eradicates the dream process for me.

However, I've had the usual "someone's chasing me" dreams that I know exactly who and what they are about, some REALLY out there ones and then there are my favorite dreams...the ones the defy logic or reality but in simple ways.

For example, I'll be swimming underwater but can breathe. Simple, but illogical. I'm always calm and so relaxed after one of those dreams, which is interesting because I don't care for being in water very much at all, short of bathing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #22
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I don't really remember any dreams anymore. I tend to sleep hard nowadays and that eradicates the dream process for me.

However, I've had the usual "someone's chasing me" dreams that I know exactly who and what they are about, some REALLY out there ones and then there are my favorite dreams...the ones the defy logic or reality but in simple ways.

For example, I'll be swimming underwater but can breathe. Simple, but illogical. I'm always calm and so relaxed after one of those dreams, which is interesting because I don't care for being in water very much at all, short of bathing.
Gemme,

Swimming underwater and breathing can be symbolic of a number of things. If the water is dark and confined it would have on meaning, moving or still=another meaning, clear, shallow or deep, fresh water, ocean, so on.

Dreaming about known persons in situations we actually experience(d). Is about working out our issues when we can work out alternate scenarios to avoid repeating mistakes without suffering consequences of realtime. ie; coming up with the best approach. I call these my 'ah-ha' dreams.
The Following User Says Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Gemme,

Swimming underwater and breathing can be symbolic of a number of things. If the water is dark and confined it would have on meaning, moving or still=another meaning, clear, shallow or deep, fresh water, ocean, so on.

Dreaming about known persons in situations we actually experience(d). Is about working out our issues when we can work out alternate scenarios to avoid repeating mistakes without suffering consequences of realtime. ie; coming up with the best approach. I call these my 'ah-ha' dreams.
It's usually in the ocean but more blue than greenish or murky. Actually, a lot like the water shown in the beginning of Splash. Light filtering through and blue, but at a lower elevation. I seem to extinctively know what's going on the water too. Come to think of it, I'm probably a mermaid in the dream. They are so awesome. I can't see hair floating around me though. *shrug*

I'm not too concerned either way. I just enjoy them when they come because it's such a rarity now.

As for the chasing dreams, the person in it is not who I know, but who it represents. I have had some aha dreams, though these are not them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #24
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme,

Your dream totally makes sense. The ocean symbolizes universal thought/knowledge. Blue is the color of female energy. I don't get a sense about the mermaid persona. But,
your are a powerful woman, connected to the universal energy, so this dream is a confirmation you are on your path.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #25
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

I had a dream the other night that I woke up to a monsoon storm. The whole roof was leaking and every drain in the house was backing up?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #26
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
I had a dream the other night that I woke up to a monsoon storm. The whole roof was leaking and every drain in the house was backing up?
It is your life force, energy, and vigor. It reflects changes in your life. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to pick up your pace and work on achieving your goals more quickly and efficiently.
On a more positive note, the monsoon in a whole symbolizes your rising spirituality. It may signal rapid changes ahead for you.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #27
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I posted this in What's on my mind and Soon told me about this thread that I have no idea how I missed it all this time.
Anyhow, will repost it here since it was a dream I've been having recently.

What do dreams really mean?
How do others actually know they're interpreting them correctly?

After having the same dream for a few nights now, I'm thinking about it.

In my dream I'm told to seek out a woman named Harmony.
I know sounds hokey, but true.
Anyhow, every time I get to where I'm told she is, I just miss her.
I've never seen her face and have no idea why I keep on her trail.
I just keep going and never find her.
I wake every morning thinking about a friend and the dream I had.
Makes me wonder what the purpose of this dream is for me since it's recurring.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 02:43 AM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I posted this in What's on my mind and Soon told me about this thread that I have no idea how I missed it all this time.
Anyhow, will repost it here since it was a dream I've been having recently.

What do dreams really mean?
How do others actually know they're interpreting them correctly?

After having the same dream for a few nights now, I'm thinking about it.

In my dream I'm told to seek out a woman named Harmony.
I know sounds hokey, but true.
Anyhow, every time I get to where I'm told she is, I just miss her.
I've never seen her face and have no idea why I keep on her trail.
I just keep going and never find her.
I wake every morning thinking about a friend and the dream I had.
Makes me wonder what the purpose of this dream is for me since it's recurring.
To me, and I am certainly no expert, but to me this is very straighforward and says:

Harmony is a level of contentment within yourself that you have yet to reach. You are working towards it and some days you are closer than others, but it's just shy of your grasp right now.

Congratulations, you are like the rest of us!

If it's the same friend you always think about when you have this dream, then s/he's tied into what you are seeking somehow.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 03:54 AM   #29
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I keep having this dream where I wake up in the middle of the night and there's a hurricane not far away so I jump out of bed and get my dog and run to the truck and get in and as I start driving off I noticed something blocking my path so I get out of the truck " while my dog is still in the truck" and move the object outta the way and I get back in the truck as I start to drive away I can see the hurricane just above us and thats when I wake up.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #30
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL View Post
I keep having this dream where I wake up in the middle of the night and there's a hurricane not far away so I jump out of bed and get my dog and run to the truck and get in and as I start driving off I noticed something blocking my path so I get out of the truck " while my dog is still in the truck" and move the object outta the way and I get back in the truck as I start to drive away I can see the hurricane just above us and thats when I wake up.
The hurricane represents a turmoil in your life. It seems as though you are getting away from it but it keeps returning. It comes around again when you are not paying attention (reprsented by sleeping in your dream). At the moment it is going to over come you (being over your head), you become aware of its existence and avoid it by waking up.

Your dog is the most scared relationship to you. It can represent someone who is always there for you when you become overwhelmed. Your dream is trying to tell you to stop running from the issue and deal with it or it can overcome you and the one you most depend on.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #31
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

SD
You were right on this. I have been leaking my energy giving more without replenishing.
I have now taken the time. I have procrastinated on things essential to my well being.

Thank you.

Tags
dream interpretation