Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather report

23 degrees and overcast in central Texas.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #3942
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

It is 10 degrees with a wind chill of -1. Snow showers in the a.m. seems to becoming a daily thing.

Who is hogging the heat?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #3943
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's 21° and with the wind chill, it feels like 16° the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex. No snow though; bright sunny first day of the year. Bundling up and heading out to play!
Old 01-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #3944
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
23 degrees and overcast in central Texas.

And 23 F is equal to -5 C. Really cold, especially when considering that central Texas is typically 40 F/4.44 C. We're lucky in central Texas with our winter weather temperatures.. except this year!! Freakish cold weather.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 09:01 PM   #3945
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

32 degrees here in Houston. Nw side that is.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 12:15 AM   #3946
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
32 degrees here in Houston. Nw side that is.
I wish it was 32 F/zero C. here in Austin!

Here in Austin, it's been record-breaking cold. Awful!

I knew the forecast was for this record-breaking cold weather, and so I went shopping for groceries before the weather got bad.
The nice thing is I ran into Gene Simmons (of KISS band) and his lady friend when I was shopping for groceries. I figure he was in town for the holiday weekend.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 12:42 AM   #3947
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah* View Post

I knew the forecast was for this record-breaking cold weather, and so I went shopping for groceries before the weather got bad.
The nice thing is I ran into Gene Simmons (of KISS band) and his lady friend when I was shopping for groceries. I figure he was in town for the holiday weekend.

Deborah
Omg that is so cool!
EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 01:09 AM   #3948
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah* View Post

Deborah
Its getting colder as time goes on. Its 28 now. The high for today will be 31. Houston doesnt see these temps often. I like it.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 01:12 AM   #3949
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Its getting colder as time goes on. Its 28 now. The high for today will be 31. Houston doesnt see these temps often. I like it.
Balmy, simply balmy.........we're at -16 actual temp here near Montreal.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 03:56 AM   #3950
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's supposed to feel like zero by 11am this morning, just to slide back down the mercury. The weather reports for Thursday made me happier as it looks like we'll get the lighter end of the snow dump.

*crossing my fingers that that holds*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 06:10 AM   #3951
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

22 degrees in Florida Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #3952
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

22 in Florida? Oy.

Still in the teens here. Wind chill is above 0 tho.

Tomorrow will seem like a heat wave during the day with temps in the 30's.

Tomorrow night is a winter storm watch with snow, coastal flooding and high wind watches as well.

And then cuz it hasnt been enough fun thus far....the temps drop back into the single digits with wind chills in the minus double figures for Friday and Saturday. So, all will be turning into a skating rink.

Glad I had a new battery installed in the car 2 weeks ago. Finally got an appt to have an automatic starter installed......in 3 weeks. LOL. Nothing like a brutal cold spell to make for a brisk business increase.

Now Im just hoping the power doesnt go out during all this. Having electric heat is a pain.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #3953
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather report

26 degrees and sleeting in central Texas.

Texans can't drive on ice we need a break. I had to drive on ice to get home tonight. Yucky! Wreaks everywhere.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #3954
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

When I opened the weather program this am, it said it was 46 degrees! It had auto-defaulted to the weather in France again but it was nice to see!

Here in New England......it is 16 degrees and there is a blizzard warning from 1 am Thursday to 1 am Friday.

I'm thinking of trying to get a flight to France.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #3955
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

When I opened the weather program this am, it said it was 46 degrees! It had auto-defaulted to the weather in France again but it was nice to see!

Here in New England......it is 16 degrees and there is a blizzard warning from 1 am Thursday to 1 am Friday.

I'm thinking of trying to get a flight to France.

It was beautiful today! Sunny. Temps in the 30's. Felt rather balmy....until the sun went down.

The blizzard warning for this area has been cancelled. Winter storm warning still in effect. From what they are saying, it sounds like a typical, swift moving nor'easter for us. The end of the storm ushers in the brutal cold again for 3 more days.

I'm getting too old for this shit. LOL.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #3956
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

The bitter cold has gone for now. It got down to 6 degrees one night, but now we are supposed to have 50s and 60s during the day and 20s and 30s at night here in SE New Mexico for the next 10 days. I can live with that!

I was talking to Shy and she said they were getting a bomb cyclone. I said, what the heck is that? A snowstorm hurricane. Yikes. Stay safe everyone on the East Coast!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #3957
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

It was beautiful today! Sunny. Temps in the 30's. Felt rather balmy....until the sun went down.

The blizzard warning for this area has been cancelled. Winter storm warning still in effect. From what they are saying, it sounds like a typical, swift moving nor'easter for us. The end of the storm ushers in the brutal cold again for 3 more days.

I'm getting too old for this shit. LOL.

Lucky duck!

I know you don't live too far away but we're not as lucky. At least a foot of snow, blizzard conditions, 50+ mph winds and 'bombgenesis' is being thrown around again.

The storm's lagging in the ocean. Never a good sign.

And I'll be out in it, shoveling and trying to win over Mother Nature (never works).

I, too, am too old for this shit.

On a happy note, it will be above zero.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #3958
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Lucky duck!

I know you don't live too far away but we're not as lucky. At least a foot of snow, blizzard conditions, 50+ mph winds and 'bombgenesis' is being thrown around again.

The storm's lagging in the ocean. Never a good sign.

And I'll be out in it, shoveling and trying to win over Mother Nature (never works).

I, too, am too old for this shit.

On a happy note, it will be above zero.

There is always good news and bad news.

You are on the snow side. The good news is the foot or so will be light and fluffy. Normally, that would be easier to shovel (or use a leaf blower on as our snow removal guys do) except for the high winds blowing it all over the place. The temps, from what I saw, will be decent during the day but dropping in the evening, back to even more brutal cold that we have had thus far. The cold and the winds are expected to continue thru most of Sunday. Everything that falls is going to freeze solid until the temps moderate come Sunday night.

Raimondo was impressive when she talked about the state's readiness for this and her readiness to declare a state of emergency if needed. Safer to close stuff and order people off the roads than to deal with all the frozen snow/ice that will be out there.

Please be careful and safe out there.

I'm on the rain/snow line and far enough out, I think, to be mostly rain. If we do get some snow, it will be wet and heavy - not exactly what you want on trees and power lines when you are expecting wind gusts around 70. We too will be getting the return of the brutal cold tomorrow night. So everything here will be encased in ice if it is mostly rain. They are anticipating widespread power outages here and have warned power may not be able to be restored for several days due to the high winds. That will be a bummer. The electric company already did their warning phone call this evening. Havent heard from the towns emergency management yet.

The good news is, there is an opportunity for several days of snuggling, cuddling, and canoodling.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 07:34 AM   #3959
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

It was eerily silent and calm when I woke up. That lasted for an hour.

Now the rain is flooding the roadways, and the winds are rattling the windows. I'm ignoring the stuff thumping on the roof. I am going to have to go retrieve the the stuff that broke free and thumped down the stairs tho.

Goods news is the temps are in the low 40's at the moment!

Gemme, I trust you are monitoring the reports and are aware something shifted in the track. The expected "light and fluffy" for your area is now "not so light and not so fluffy". Shoveling is going to be a chore. Please be careful out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #3960
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Cold and snowing here. Expecting 6 inches- so not too bad. But the next few days are hovering around -12 to -1 degree high and lows. Bundling up to say the least. My poor dog is miserable when he needs to go out but he sure is making fast business of his business.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
rain, weather