Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-23-2018, 05:36 AM   #6901
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's on now! Way to go and happy crafting, everyone.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2018, 05:54 PM   #6902
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

How is everyone doing? Two weeks to get them to me!

Happy Easter, y'all.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2018, 06:33 PM   #6903
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I'm doing well! About where I want to be at this point. I'm loving how each box is its own special snowflake for the intended recipient. This feels like a special project to me.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #6904
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm coming along. I don't have any complete yet, because I keep switching back and forth between them while paint dries and whatnot. I have crafting supplies all over the place. My dining room table is completely full of crafty stuff, and I either have to eat on a one square foot corner of the table or on a TV tray.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #6905
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Coming along! I am happy with so far!
Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 AM   #6906
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm coming along. I don't have any complete yet, because I keep switching back and forth between them while paint dries and whatnot. I have crafting supplies all over the place. My dining room table is completely full of crafty stuff, and I either have to eat on a one square foot corner of the table or on a TV tray.
Hey, a foot is all you need. How big can your plates be?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:15 AM   #6907
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,448 Times in 10,178 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Now that's a sign of a dedicated crafter! We all tend to spread out when we are doing something we enjoy

whew....I'm glad I'm not the only one!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #6908
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Excellent! I can't wait to see all of your work, crafters!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #6909
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

When I started this project, I was a little upset that the fewest match boxes I could buy at a reasonable price was 50. I thought, I will never use all of these! And they will just end up taking up room in my rather small crafting supplies container. (And I will never throw them out because, well, I never throw anything out.)

However, I have now messed up so many of them by experimenting that I don't think it will be a problem.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #6910
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Default Question about stamp ink pads

I have a question about stamp ink pads. I bought several from the really cheap bin at Michael's, and I tried one out. I waited AN ENTIRE DAY for it to dry before touching it - and it smeared. I think this is because I was using the cheap ink. What kind of ink do I need to buy? Or do I have to put sealant over the ink? Or is there something else I'm not doing right?

Any help will be much appreciated.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #6911
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I have a question about stamp ink pads. I bought several from the really cheap bin at Michael's, and I tried one out. I waited AN ENTIRE DAY for it to dry before touching it - and it smeared. I think this is because I was using the cheap ink. What kind of ink do I need to buy? Or do I have to put sealant over the ink? Or is there something else I'm not doing right?

Any help will be much appreciated.
It's because it's not permanent. You need archival, permanent ink. It would say it on the container. The super cheap ones are almost never permanent.

You should be able to use a sealant to hold it. I would use a spray fixative as there would be less of a chance of it smearing while you are sealing it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #6912
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Welcome to the 2018 MatchBox Round of Crafty Goodness!!!

Quantity: one for each person that signs up minus yourself.

Theme: Getting to Know You. When you sign up, list 10 things that you enjoy/love/adore/like/etc. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or even tangible things, but there should be enough variety that someone can find at least one thing to base their box to you upon.

Here is an example: love, the color yellow, pigeons, old books, the smell of gasoline, fast things, graham crackers, Etta James, pens, selfies.

The boxes must be no larger than 3 1/8 inches long. Anything smaller is fine. You may get them at Walmart or a grocery store if you want to use the typical matchboxes (minus the matches, of course) or you can buy them online. They come in craft paper, white or multicolored.

Parameters: Choose one or more options from each person's list of 10 things and build your box to them around your choice(s).

Note: EVERY box should be addressed to someone as each box will be personalized for each participant.

The Boxes: you can fill the box with goodies or you can paint or draw a mural inside...you can paint the boxes or cover them with paper or you can washi tape the heck out of them or cover them with grass....the goal is NOT to spend a ton of cash on trinkets or charms or whatever....the goal is to be creative and have fun. It doesn't take much money to do that. One thing you MUST do is make sure the inner box can slide in and out so that the box can be opened. You will need to keep this in mind as that will become harder and harder with each coat of paint or layer of tape. This project will require a bit of noggin doodling on your part.

Newbies to matchbox art: this will take longer than usual because you are working on a multi-dimensional project. Not only do you need to do something to the outside of the box but the inside must be decorated as well. Also, each piece will be designed for the person in mind. No cookie cutter, assembly lines this time. It's more time intensive, but I promise you; the work is worth it. These are great projects and mean so much to the recipient!

Dates to Remember:

Deadline for finished projects to be in my grubby little hands: 4/14/18
Officially late, and on the naughty list, if not received on/by 4/21/18.
Completed projects will be mailed out on/before 4/28/18.

Postage: Send $10.00.

"For 2018, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2018. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2018. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2018 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/18. I can start participating in new projects on 8/21/18. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/18, able to participate 7/28/18)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/18, able to participate 8/21/18)'

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

1. Gemme ~ hearts, felines, the color blue, John Hughes movies, butterflies, snail mail, coconut, fantasy creatures (unicorns, dragons), music, flowers.

2. clay ~ Dolphins, teal, blue, dachshunds, gemstones, coconut, knives, reading Nicholas Sparks, postcards, the beach.

3. Breathless - Dragons, butterflies, every shade of blue, lace, music, rocks/sand, Celtic anything, stained glass, sweet peas and trees.

4. purepisces- Buddha/Zen, maps, trees, shabby chic, rocks/stones/pebbles, steampunk, ocean colors, daisies, birds, globes

5) CCB: pink, purple, unicorns, ocean stuff/mermaids, vintage, pagan/Wicca/the occult/tarot, kawaii style, mixed media art, snail mail, cats.

6) nycfem: Zentangle, fat positive theme, vintage, cats, femme theme, kawaii / Sanrio style, steampunk, cute hamburgers/cheeseburgers, encouraging / positive, and tiny tiny tiny

7. nanners ~ cats, rainbows, coffee, leaves/trees, pink, purple, traveling, irises (the flower), femme theme, celestial things

8. Besame : all things pink, frilly, lace, shabby chic, hearts, sea shells, bows, gardening, beach, cats

9. GeorgiaMa'am - Mid Century Modern architecture and design, pin up girls, Disney animals, gems/pretty rocks, vintage ephemera, pagan/Wicca/the occult/tarot, the outdoors, Art Nouveau decorative arts, sugar skulls, music

Alright, folks. This is our final list of people and our final list of things to draw from.

NO CHANGES from this point on.

Have a great time and make sure to include $10 in postage and to have fun. I just know that everyone is going to be so surprised and happy when they open their packages.

I'll send my mailing info in a couple of weeks.
Alrighty, folks!

You should be getting ready to mail out your goodies to me to make the deadline so I sent out my address.

Happy crafting!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2018, 05:45 AM   #6913
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so excited!

I'm excited, y'all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:14 AM   #6914
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so excited!

I'm excited, y'all.

I am, too, to see what each artist did! Mine will go out in mail Friday or Saturday Gemme!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #6915
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I'm excited too!!! I'm almost ready to go. I hope to crank out the last box tonight.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2018, 10:25 PM   #6916
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Done. Now I just need to procure a ten dollar bill tomorrow and I will put them in the mail!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 05:30 AM   #6917
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Done. Now I just need to procure a ten dollar bill tomorrow and I will put them in the mail!
Excellent! I can't wait to see what kind of yumminess you cooked up!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #6918
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Mine are done too, and will go in the mail tomorrow!

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #6919
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I procured my ten dollar bill today but did not make it to the post office. Tomorrow.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #6920
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I feel like a broken record but I'm sooo excited! This is an awesome project and I know everyone is going to kill it!

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
artists, creative types