Old 12-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #61
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
But, then you can't "highlight", right? Or is there a way to do that on one of those things? If not, would make it hard to study for an exam (for me, anyway).

I had a friend in college who was so obsessive-compulsive with everything in life that she used a ruler when she would highlight!

I hear you on the tree thing, though.
You can highlight and add marginalia on a Kindle....
Old 12-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #62
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

I have tried using digital textbooks and not enjoyed the experience. However, there are some great auxiliary apps that have enhanced learning for me. Here's to the technological imperative!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #63
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I realised that I should date a girl who reads, the first time I dated one who didn't. She seemed to think that reading meant I was doing nothing, and felt compelled to find an activity for me. She didn't last long...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #64
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Thanked 1,565 Times in 380 Posts
persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
Aside from my friend persiiiiiiiiiiii - Powel's is the best thing in Oregon. I got to go there for the first time earlier this year and it was heaven. I think persi and I spent 2 hours in the queer and feminist sections alone. And then there were the cookbooks!! I didn't even make it to the other sections I was exhausted.

we need to have a Powell's day when you come in spring....cuz there were still 5 more aisles of cookbooks to comb through. and of course we can't ignore the ginormous queer aisle. i think i hear it calling us.....can't you? it's saying....pinnkkkkkk....persiiiiiii.....come to the dark siiiiideeeeeee......
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #65
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
But, then you can't "highlight", right? Or is there a way to do that on one of those things? If not, would make it hard to study for an exam (for me, anyway).

I had a friend in college who was so obsessive-compulsive with everything in life that she used a ruler when she would highlight!

I hear you on the tree thing, though.
I think u can highlight. Plus I could print some hardcopies of specific pages using recycled paper
Old 12-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #66
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
You can highlight and add marginalia on a Kindle....
Yeah, but can you write in the margins? Didn't think so!

I had this whole symbol system that indicated how important a passage was. I think there was like 5 different levels to how important a passage could be.

<---whackjob

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #67
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have to say... I sure do enjoy a good reading from my girl before bed.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #68
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Not whackjob that's rather normal in my world......... But then I'm the girl who would be Alice....

Quote:
Yeah, but can you write in the margins? Didn't think so!

I had this whole symbol system that indicated how important a passage was. I think there was like 5 different levels to how important a passage could be.

<---whackjob

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #69
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I don't write in the margins very often. I do however highlight some pages. If I am researching for an article I am writing I will use lots of arrow post-its.

I don't own too many books, most of them I get from the library. I have thought about an electronic book, however my research has shown me that I can't (yet) get the obscure titles I read. Otherwise I would switch. Alas, it is not yet to be.

I do subscribe to my magazines and journals online. I do like that.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #70
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I love reading, and am considering getting a Kindle soon. I love books, and am afraid I'll miss holding the book in my hand, but there are two of us in a 500 sq ft apartment and we're running out of room for more stuff. I also kind of have a habit of not remembering to return books to the library, so...
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #71
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post

I do subscribe to my magazines and journals online. I do like that.
Hmm here's a new spin on the book topic.. What magazines does everyone read?

*Scientific American
*The Economist
*The Hastings Center Report (bioethics)
*The American Journal of Bioethics
*National Geographic
*NY Times
*7x7

The Following User Says Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #72
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

When I got my nook (that I have since given to my Mum in anticipation of an ipad 3) I was worried I'd miss actual books too much. Thus far it doesn't bother me to use an e-reader or my phone. It's easier on my luggage costs when I travel, and I never forget to turn out the light.

Being able to download books is a dangerously delicious expense though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
I love reading, and am considering getting a Kindle soon. I love books, and am afraid I'll miss holding the book in my hand, but there are two of us in a 500 sq ft apartment and we're running out of room for more stuff. I also kind of have a habit of not remembering to return books to the library, so...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #73
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
Hmm here's a new spin on the book topic.. What magazines does everyone read?

*Scientific American
*The Economist
*The Hastings Center Report (bioethics)
*The American Journal of Bioethics
*National Geographic
*NY Times
*7x7
*Money
*Kiplinger's
*Bicycling
*Mountain Bike Action
*Details (not that great, but only $10 a year)
*Men's Health (purchase in store)
*Consumer Reports (online subscription)
*International Journal of Transgenderism (online subscription through WPATH)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #74
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

• Time
  • The Economist
  • The New Yorker
  • Pura Política
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #75
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Thanked 1,565 Times in 380 Posts
persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

~Wine Enthusiast
~Oregon Press
~Wine Business Monthly
~Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association
~Applied Biodynamics
~Popular Mechanics
~Smithsonian
~Journal of Insect Science
~Enology Notes

gosh there's so many more....these are just off the top of my head.
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #76
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

This is me!!!

I have so many books my hubby started throwing them out, then when I cried, he bought me a Kindle

Now he brings me home magazines and ignores the small pile of books which is growing on my desk. He loves me, particularly as I buy him books too!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #77
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Journal of the AHIMA
Coding Edge
New England Journal of Medicine
Neurology and Pain Management Coding Alert
Journal of the American Academy of Pain Management
Reminiscence
Journal Nature
Science
New Yorker

I wish I could subscribe to many of these, but some subscriptions are like $1500 a year, instead I read them at the library every month

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #78
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Mana
RSN Guild mag
Country Bumpkin
Sunday Time/Telegraph (depending which the local Dairy has on Sunday morning)
NZ Herald

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #79
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
I also kind of have a habit of not remembering to return books to the library, so...
Me Too! (hazard of being the daughter of a librarian)

I still have 100s of bound books but I looooooove my Kindle.
I hope to spend a fair amount of time in my pajamas, Kindle in hand, next week.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #80
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation
Default Magazines

Rolling Stone
Afar
American Archaeology
Smithsonian
ESPN
Esquire
American Philatelist
Audubon
Outside
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post: