Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Ok..deal.

And.

What if we got a time out? Would we go to jail?

Ooooh BFP Jail - it must be pink and it must be frilly on the Femme side.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I can take care of the livestock. Not to handy in the kitchen.
I like the idea of having a mess hall. That could be optional for those who want to dine alone.

Having a huge commons area would be kool, for those who want to hang out, play games, watch football, or baseball,or whatever. We would need a huge outdoor firepit, and grilling area. I think we should have a kick a$$ bar too!!! Im thinking a hot tub, and pool also.

We should all have to pay something.

I would want my guns, I might want to go hunting.

I could have all of y'all for neighbors. I love y'all.

I would only need a small house for me and Scout.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #23
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I'd go for it, I can build sound shelters and fix almost any vehicle... just mush on me in exchange and I'm all good
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #24
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

sounds good to me, but, only if I can bring my Harley with me and I can wear a baseball cap 24 / 7 ( cuz thats how i roll )

I can make sure everyone has gasoline, diesel , to run vehicles, farm equipment...etc etc

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #25
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Thinking

I would think in a compound duplicity is gonna be hard to pull the same for bigoted folks real time community is not like a thread you can see the person and you know their intent.

I'd have to have my own space to be able to retreat to.

I need me time..
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

good on no copperheads...but what about any other kinds of snakes....ie rattlers, etc...ewww I HATE snakes...makes me scream like a girl...(oh wait I AM a girl...n/m...lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Let's further imagine that this "Compound" is in Oregon where there are no copperheads, bugs the size of your head, tornadoes or humidity to speak of.

#buzzkill

Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I think we need to have a community within a community and this way everyone reaps the rewards. I like it when everyone wins .....

We would also take care of our own for those who might not have all their abilities .... no worries ... a medical staff on board who have special needs. I myself have limitations, so I get it. Every day stuff we need and deserve for our Planet !

PS: I almost forgot ... everyone has their own house or apartment .
Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Hmmm, guns? I think it's a good idea if I "do not" own one wouldn't you agree Snowy?? Dusa?? Jack??

Our cats must be with us and, as an fyi...they are trained to be on leashes. Therefore, if cats are off limits, then we will not be moving to the compound.

Nobody puts "Bossy and Pippi in the corner"! (said in my best Patrick Swayze accent from "Dirty Dancing") Wait, lemme put my Boston spin on that...

"Nobody puts Bossy & Pippi in the corner you muthafuckas"!!

*Ahem* that's a lot better...

lmao.......lol
Old 10-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #29
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah and no big ass palmetto bugs
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #30
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in. I can fix stuff and do whatever needs to be done. Set up security etc...I just need a place to go to be alone at times because I get in moods where I don't like to be around people.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #31
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I would be very tempted though I love me my Texas folks (friends/family).

Plus I'm basically a cat - I lie around and internet every chance I get. (Read: I'm pretty useless outside of going to work and doing my job).

I'd rather have a job and pay than have chores. I suck at chores.

And I would come with a minimum of 1 dog and 1 cat.

Can we have a donkey and a goat? I heart donkeys and goats. Could we make our own cheese?

Can we seduce dorothy allison to come live with us?

Can we have writers' and artists' workshops?

I like the idea of everybody having their own space - mobile home, cabin, whatever. I'm an introvert - I like being alone to recharge and be grouchy. And good internet would be awesome.

Mess hall sounds hell of fun. M loves gardening and she's got experience tending to horses. She's my lovely farm girl. Plus she does artsy things and is good with landscaping.

Now I'm having memories of girl scout camp. Can we be near a river so we can canoe?

Oh, and I love taking baths - would prefer not to resort to shower-only living.

Somebody better like guns because we gotta protect the herd of cats from the coyotes and blackbears.

It would either be a dream come true or a nightmare come true - but the idea excites me.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #32
Kat

How Do You Identify?:
I do not, thanks
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Kat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST ReputationKat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Let's further imagine that this "Compound" is in Oregon where there are no copperheads, bugs the size of your head, tornadoes or humidity to speak of.
Don't forget...TARANTULAS! [insert Psycho shower scene music here]
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #33
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Let's pretend that Jack and I finally just won the Arkansas Powerball for $173 million.

After taxes, that's about $100 million left over.

Let's pretend that we're building a compound on about 400 acres just north of where we currently live.

Would you want to live on a BFP compound?
What skills can you contribute?
Would you want to do community meals every night in the "Mess Hall"?
Would people still need to pay something into the system like rent, even if it was only nominal?
Do you think you'd get tired of living with family all year long?
What pro's and con's can you see to this idea?
What input do you have?

Let's speak it into the Universe!
Yes, but I think it should be broken into apartment like things, not just bedrooms.

I cook. A lot. I clean too. I know how to do a lot of things in the nursing field -- and quite a few things I shouldn't know how to do -- and in general take direction well.

However, I'd much rather be out working in my field. I say I'd like being a houseboy, but I'd get bored in one month. I'd be willing to pay rent.

As long as there was separate place, like apartments or something, I'd be fine living together.

That's all I can think of currently.

DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #34
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Let's pretend that Jack and I finally just won the Arkansas Powerball for $173 million.

Let's pretend that we're building a compound on about 400 acres just north of where we currently live.

Would people still need to pay something into the system like rent, even if it was only nominal?
What input do you have?

First off, congratulations on winning (saying your affirmations in the hear and now strengthens them);

1.I would want to live on a BFP compound in my own little place. Not in a dormitory though. I have to have utter silence in large portions of my life.
2.I am a psychic. I can tell you shit.
I am a great cook. I can make you fat and happy.
I am a fair mediator and can help folks negotiate intricate, yucky personal matters.
I can do pedicures on cats, rabbits, ferrets and dogs.
I tell great bedtime stories.
I'm great with kids.
3. Absolutely not on the community meals. I'd rather that was a once a week thing as a meeting time or just gathering. I love communal food gatherings but I would not be happy if they were all the time. Maybe as a drop in thing?
4. Yes on rent. A certain percentage of sweat equity plus cold, hard cash.
5. As long as privacy was respected and noise levels maintained, it would be all good. As Wolfy so wisely points out...that's what vacations are for.
6a. Pros: A community who gets me. A family who would be there for the long haul.
6b. Cons: A community who is, by definition, defined by sexual preferences on any level is going to see NRE (New Relationship Energy), Lesbian Bed Death, Bitter Breakups. We would have to have rules in place that were voted upon, agreed upon and not slung aside at the first drop of an "Important Couple" breaking up.
7. I love the idea and would be there as long as a whole hell of a lot of communication happened. Knowing this crowd, I don't think that's an issue.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #35
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

What input do you have?

Reluctantly, no. But that's just me; I wouldn't do well with people just showing up to visit. Would each household have "at home" hours, or would all doors be open all the time?

I could teach the kiddies

Would there be the option of having meals alone if wanted? I wouldn't want just a cabin with beds and one mess hall, like Girl Scout camp.

What about relatives and friends, would they be allowed to visit on the premises?

Who would be in charge, and how selected? Would these people end up like a "higher tier" of resident, with all the power? Would there be "term limits"?

How would the rules of the community be decided? What if there was an objection?

Communal living in a kind of utopia always sounds good on paper, but hasn't worked in reality. And maybe I shouldn't post, as I'm crabby .
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #36
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My vision would be that it would look like a loose subdivision with everyone having their own house. We'd have several different housing styles available: 3 bedroom/2 bath, 2 bedroom/1 bath, and 1 bedroom/1 bath.

I like the idea of having common space in the middle but everyone could retire to their private houses when the community stuff got to be overwhelming.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #37
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I would love to have a workshop where I can build things and keep my tools. I would be able to team up with some of the other handy folks from here and build things/fix things/ and remodel things. I could also use my new degree to design houses/cottages to suit the residents. (using the sustainable design that I have been studying)

Coach Stappie would LOVE to get some kickball games going on a Saturday afternoon! How fun would that be?!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #38
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I volunteer to be a nurse in belle's hospital wing . If there is any money left...after the houses are built...or if we bring in any money, could we also start a fund for a care facility for those in our community when we become aged and/or unable to take care of ourselves unassisted?

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #39
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

There will be cats.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #40
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Intentional Community is what we've been building with this planet. I can see this in real-time.

Can we have Zombie Street and Penpal Lane and .....
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: