Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 01-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #61
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Unfortunately, We didn't get to the March or any of the sister marches. Live in a small farming town that's very apolitical. No car and our transit only runs M-F. Bummer!!!

Glad to see all the photos and reports from those who went. We were there with you in spirit!!

Are the online petitions that anyone knows about that are for being in solidarity with the March???
Old 01-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #62
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

Awww I knew uncle Bernie would be proud but I didn't know he'd be there. He's the president I really wanted.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:55 AM   #63
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I will actually be in Mexico that day but there will be a march we can go to in Piedras Negras!

On the way to finding that out, though, I also discovered there will be a march in MARFA, TX

Marfa is a whole day away from where we will be but could you imagine the Marfa march????
Sadly we were unable to get to Piedras Negras, so we made a fat donation to the march organizers help with the costs

I couldn't see any of the photos until we got back on this side of the border, but then i got to see them all at once and i cried over every one, but so different from all of Friday's crying
Old 01-22-2017, 07:40 AM   #64
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I heard that there were nearly 500 marches across 7 continents in solidarity with the Women's March on Washington yesterday. (I haven't verified this yet, so please don't send me to the gallows.)

But just think of all of that positive energy rocking this earthly planet of ours as woman, joined by people of all genders from all around the world participated in whatever capacity they were able. Regardless of the exact number of marches, it was amazing!

It was, and will continue to be powerful!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 08:11 AM   #65
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

At 2.5 million strong, Women's Marches crush expectations

Heidi M. Przybyla and Fredreka Schouten, USA TODAY Published 5:04 a.m. ET

Jan. 21, 2017 | Updated 11 hours ago

Early projections show that over 2.5 million people participated in the Women's Marches around the globe

WASHINGTON — More than 2 million people across the world, led by hundreds of thousands who overwhelmed the nation's capital, protested the first full day of President Trump's tenure Saturday.

What began as a Facebook post by a Hawaii grandmother the day after Hillary Clinton's loss in November's election blossomed into a massive protest uniting people of all ages, races and religions who crowded downtown Washington. They called for a "revolution" as a bulwark against the new administration and the Republican-led Congress they fear will roll back reproductive, civil and human rights.

A five-hour rally featured speakers ranging from Ilyasah Shabazz, a daughter of Malcom X, to Sister Simone Campbell, a Catholic nun, and the music superstar Madonna. People arrived in buses or flew across country from locales as far as California to bring the main arteries of downtown Washington to a near standstill. While the event's organizers sought to highlight many concerns, including climate change and criminal justice reform, the speakers were united in imploring the crowd to begin taking action by donating to progressive causes and even running for public office once they return home.

"Once it happens in a generation that a spirit of resistance is awakened," said Rabbi Sharon Brous. "This is one of those moments. Our children will one day ask us ‘where were you when our country was thrust into a lion’s den of demagoguery and division,'" she said.

America Ferrerra, speaking at the Women's March on Washington, lists reasons for the protest are for the "moral core of this nation." USA TODAY NETWORK

"The revolution starts here," said Madonna. "It is the beginning of much-needed change," but, "change that will require sacrifice, people, change that will require many of us to make different choices in our lives. But this is the hallmark of revolution. So my question to you today is, are you ready?" said Madonna, before entertaining the crowd with her 1988 hit song "Express Yourself."

According to a sister march webpage, an estimated 2.6 million people took part in 673 marches in all 50 states and 32 countries, from Belarus to New Zealand — with the largest taking place in Washington.

The crowds were so large in some cities that marching was almost impossible. In Chicago, organizers halted the march and rallied at Grant Park instead as crowds swelled to 150,000, although thousands still marched.

* In New York City, the number was 400,000, according to Mayor Bill de Blasio;
* In Boston, media reported more than 100,000 people marching in Boston Common.
* In Oakland, Calif., police estimated that about 60,000 people took part in the women's march.
* Local media reports said that San Francisco’s rally later in the day may have attracted as many as 100,000.

It was the first time Kristen Phillip of San Mateo, Calif. had attended a march. "I'm 44 and I've never done anything like this but I feel compelled to be here," she said. She brought her 24-year old daughter Claire who said the San Francisco rally made her feel "powerful and hopeful." "It makes me feel that we can get through this, if we love each other and don't let them divide us," she said.

More than 2 million people across the world, led by hundreds of thousands who overwhelmed the nation's capital, protested the first full day of President Trump's tenure Saturday.

>>>>> Peter Monks of San Francisco, who attended with his wife and daughters, said he was showing support for women's issues "to a president who doesn't seem to recognize or care about them."

>>>>>"As a white guy, it's easy to take privilege for granted," Monks said. "It feels really important to stand up for civil society when powerful voices are lined up against it."

In D.C., the huge crowds come a day after empty space was spotted on the National Mall ahead of Trump's inauguration speech and bare bleachers were noticeable along the inaugural parade route.

"When you go back home, remember how you felt, that instant, that gut, that said 'I gotta get on a bus, a train a plane," said Tamika Mallory, a civil rights activist and march co-chair. "Be bold in the way you were bold to come here in such large numbers," Mallory. said

"It’s about you going home after today and standing up and fighting in our communities," said Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill. "Take it home."

"This is an outpouring of energy and true democracy like I have never seen in my very long life," said feminist icon Gloria Steinem.

>>>>> On Saturday morning, a DC official said, according to organizers, the turnout estimate had grown to 500,000 — more than double the 200,000 people that organizers initially expected to attend. Given the turnout, the march will probably take its place among historic demonstrations — including the 1963 civil rights demonstrations and the Vietnam War protests of 1967.

Attendees weren't organized by a single group. They came on their own, many aboard overnight charter buses, for what Crystal Hoyt, an associate dean at the University of Richmond, called "one of the largest and most significant demonstrations for social justice in America’s 240-year history."

>>>€Hillary Clinton, whose loss to Trump helped inspire the march, weighed in via Twitter before the event. "Thanks for standing, speaking and marching our values," she wrote. Thanks for standing, speaking & marching for our values @womensmarch. Important as ever. I truly believe we're always Stronger Together.

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) January 21, 2017

The Washington subway system was jammed Saturday morning with women wearing pink-themed clothing and trading stories about overnight bus rides. Overflowing Metro passenger trains passed platforms crowded with more people who were unable to board. The crowds of women and men of all ages stand in contrast to the protesters around the inaugural, who were mostly young people.

The women had diverse concerns about Trump.

>>>>>"There’s a lot of people who care about the lies he’s told,” said Laurie Gentry, a 60-year-old who took an overnight bus from Greenville, S.C. She cited climate change, education and marriage equality.

>>>> ."This election was the first time I really felt like something in me was awakened and stirred," said Robin Weiss, a 45-year-old mother of nine accompanied by her 16-year-old daughter. "This was the first time it really felt like I had nothing," she said. "I'm showing my daughter I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is," said Weiss.

>>>> "I‘m aghast, and it obviously prompted me to get myself up and get to Washington. I’m not just doing it for myself but I’m doing it for my daughters and granddaughters," said Wendy Hames, a 67-year-old retired school teacher who took a sleeping pill to weather the overnight haul.

The marches' many partners represent a range of causes, including the environment and criminal justice among them. Organizers represent all 50 states, and groups including the ACLU, Amnesty International, EMILY’s List, Muslim Women’s Alliance, Planned Parenthood, and United We Dream.

Aside from the new president's ability to appoint Supreme Court justices who could seek to overturn the decision in 1973 that established a woman’s right to abortion, Roe v Wade, marchers see other things that could happen more immediately:

This includes Congress rolling back funding for Planned Parenthood, which provides free breast cancer screening and health services. U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan has vowed to cut the group's funding as part of repealing Obamacare.

The same could well happen with contraception coverage provided under the Affordable Care Act, as well as access to mammograms with no co-pay or deductible. Since more women receive Medicare than men, changes to the program would disproportionately hurt them.

>>>>> As Donald Trump was taking the oath of office, planes across the country were headed to D.C. A lot of them were filled with “nasty women”. Susana Victoria Perez (@susana_vp) has more. Buzz60

"We’re here today to thank generations of organizers and trouble makers and hell raisers who formed secret sisterhoods and demanded the right to control their own bodies," said Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood. "We’re not going to take this lying down," she said.

>>>>> A day after the march, a number of groups, including Planned Parenthood and EMILY’s List, are holding workshops designed to enlist women for more civic participation back home, including running for office.

"If you don’t speak, ain’t nobody gonna speak on behalf of you," said Carmen Perez, an event co-chair. "There’s an entry point for all of us to get involved in this movement," she said.

>>>>>>"We will not adjust to hatred and bigotry. We will resist Islamophobia, >>>>>>>xenophobia, white supremacy, sexism, racism, misogyny.”

Contributing: Fredreka Schouten, Eliza Collins, Dustin Racioppi of the Bergen Record

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...tion/96864158/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #66
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I heard that there were nearly 500 marches across 7 continents in solidarity with the Women's March on Washington yesterday. (I haven't verified this yet, so please don't send me to the gallows.)

But just think of all of that positive energy rocking this earthly planet of ours as woman, joined by people of all genders from all around the world participated in whatever capacity they were able. Regardless of the exact number of marches, it was amazing!

It was, and will continue to be powerful!
We would never send you or anyone to the gallows!!

The total number changed almost hourly as they tried to get their arms around exactly how many people participated!

How about massive numbers?! I also like the 2.5 million people participated figures!

It sparks hope within me and I needed it badly.

Bully, thanks for starting this thread. It was a great inspiration for us to gather energy again. The women's movement was not dead. Perhaps just sleeping but I think the sleeping giant has been awakened;

And she is pissed!

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #67
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, after marching in Washington, I started to feel something I haven't felt since the election. It was hope. I am now hopeful that we can do something and I will continue to BE a part of the solution, instead of on the sidelines talking about it. I am truly humbled by the experience.

And one more thing about #notmypresident. While many poo poo those of us who detest and abhor the idea of Trump as the POTUS and brand us as "sore losers" and "whiners", take a long hard look at all of the protest marches that took place outside of the United States. There must be something to it if others, who are looking in from the outside, see the same things we do and fear the same things we do. Look at who is the common denominator.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #68
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default One of my favorite signs from yesterday...

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 AM   #69
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I want to thank everyone who marched. Because of health issues, I did not. But I am inspired by the marches and am grateful to the organizers and participants. How much lighter I feel than I did Friday. And less alone. Thank you!
Old 01-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #70
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I'm getting really tired of seeing Michael Moore's face every time CNN wants to interview someone about the Women's March. Sometimes it's good to just step aside, Michael.
My local newspaper posted a video montage of speakers for the march and goddammit, they put him first. What assholes.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #71
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Ben and I went to the protest in Orlando. It was awesome and beautiful and fun. It was held in Lake Eola Park which is where one of the largest pride activities in the country, "Come out with Pride" is held every October. I have been trying unsuccessfully to find crowd estimates. There were thousands of people there, but I have no real idea exactly how many. The signs were funny and meaningful. My favorite was proudly displayed by a little girl of approximately two years old. It read "Girls are strong." The crowd was considerate, and friendly and intent. The speakers were great. I have no names for the speakers, but I was especially moved by one speaker who said. "If they require the registration of Muslims, we will ALL register." I immediately pictured myself in a head scarf, and I know this is something I am willing to do, and will do if it becomes necessary.

I spent most of last night watching tape of the Washington event on freespeech TV. It evoked so many different feelings in me. Two great old loves of my life were there; Gloria Steinem and Angela Davis. Two women who have spent their entire lives engaged in political action . . . still alive, still healthy, still with us, still fighting. Made me proud.

I have been pretty much in a state of shock and despair since election night. These events gave me a small sliver of hope.

I hope we will continue to work, together and separately to free ourselves completely of this dangerous man who has become president, or at least to work to deny him and fellow republicans their regressive and dark agenda.

Power to the people!!!

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #72
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #73
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

NO MORE.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #74
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Has anyone seen the poster that shows a woman , step by step, how to make a fist and then what to do next?
It's one of my very faves, was sent in an email to me and I cannot reproduce it here from that source.
Be much appreciated if someone finds it.
Thanks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #75
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

https://www.facebook.com/wilcohq/pho...type=3&theater
Old 01-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #76
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
My local newspaper posted a video montage of speakers for the march and goddammit, they put him first. What assholes.
The patriarchy lives.

Men first, even during a Women's March.

~Washington Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 03:28 PM   #77
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Is it ok to punch a Nazi? "Interneters" want to know.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/u...tack.html?_r=1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #78
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Is it ok to punch a Nazi? "Interneters" want to know.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/u...tack.html?_r=1
I had to click the link because I thought that it could not possibly be serious.

Alas, it was.

I say a big fat no.

WTF? Now people wonder if they can punch someone for their geesh, can I even bring myself to call them beliefs?

Self-defense is one thing. This is quite another. Self-righteous violence?

I say this even though my maternal grandmother's extended family was killed by Nazi's in Poland and Austria (carted to the camps).

~Washington Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 09:45 PM   #79
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default #WomensMarchFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Scratch that. Fort Worth is having a march!

We don't want your tiny hands anywhere near our underpants! *practicing*
Holy crap on a crazy cracker! Our little Funkytown march that was only organized five days before the march, and had 300+ 'Going' on the Facebook page turned into an estimated 5-9000 marchers on Saturday! It was insane in the best possible way. I was so overwhelmed at one point that I began to cry! LoL I got it together quickly. What an amazing day not only for us in Fort Worth but everywhere. I didn't know how I would get through Friday, it was so depressing even keeping away from all news sources. And then Saturday happened. I am grateful.

{Me in the white!}

Old 01-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #80
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

What's your sign say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Holy crap on a crazy cracker! Our little Funkytown march that was only organized five days before the march, and had 300+ 'Going' on the Facebook page turned into an estimated 5-9000 marchers on Saturday! It was insane in the best possible way. I was so overwhelmed at one point that I began to cry! LoL I got it together quickly. What an amazing day not only for us in Fort Worth but everywhere. I didn't know how I would get through Friday, it was so depressing even keeping away from all news sources. And then Saturday happened. I am grateful.

{Me in the white!}

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
equality, protests