Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #21
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Here is the message on the error page:
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/addonchat.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

I get this when I try to see who's chatting, float or enter.

I'll check my antivirus and make sure the page isn't blocked, however - it usually notifies me when it's blocking something. Maybe I'll check that Java is the most current version.

Actually, if I try to not float and go straight into the room, I also get this: HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

If I try to see who's chatting: The requested URL /addonchat_who.php was not found on this server.

I I try to "float" I get "ClassNotFound" - when I click on a link to see error details, I get this:
Java Plug-in 10.9.2.05
Using JRE version 1.7.0_09-b05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Moses
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
------------------------------------

Last edited by Hominid; 10-28-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: more info
Hominid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hominid View Post
Here is the message on the error page:
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/addonchat.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

I get this when I try to see who's chatting, float or enter.

I'll check my antivirus and make sure the page isn't blocked, however - it usually notifies me when it's blocking something. Maybe I'll check that Java is the most current version.

Actually, if I try to not float and go straight into the room, I also get this: HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

If I try to see who's chatting: The requested URL /addonchat_who.php was not found on this server.

I I try to "float" I get "ClassNotFound" - when I click on a link to see error details, I get this:
Java Plug-in 10.9.2.05
Using JRE version 1.7.0_09-b05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Moses
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
------------------------------------
Hrmm.. download this version of Java (find the one for Windows): http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp and see if that helps. I'm wondering if Java 7 is the culprit in this case.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #23
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Trying now - thank you
Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Hrmm.. download this version of Java (find the one for Windows): http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp and see if that helps. I'm wondering if Java 7 is the culprit in this case.
Well, I can now see who is chatting - but same messages as before if I try to go in. Will continue to tinker with Java when I feel like it - thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #25
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrocell View Post
Visitor MessagingThis forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly.

If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
Enable Visitor Messaging

You may limit the usage of your visitor messages to just moderators and your contacts.
Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators
I see, thank you.
This is about User Notes from the vBulletin document:

This feature is intended to allow staff members to discuss members and keep the information organized rather then having a variety of threads in a staff forum.

Maybe I shouldn't have replied that way, oops.

Thank you for this thread! It lets me ask stoopid newbie questions when I'm not sure who to bug.
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hominid View Post
Well, I can now see who is chatting - but same messages as before if I try to go in. Will continue to tinker with Java when I feel like it - thank you.
Mine has always done the same. Thus why no chat room.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #27
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Wanderer View Post
I see, thank you.

This feature is intended to allow staff members to discuss members and keep the information organized rather then having a variety of threads in a staff forum.

Thank you for this thread! It lets me ask stoopid newbie questions when I'm not sure who to bug.
think they put this thread up so we didn't have to continually bug Linus or Medusa and the rest of the tech geniuses all the time. Anything major they are the ones to ask ,if your fellow members can't explain it here.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #28
Daktari

Apropos logging into chat...try logging in from your user cp page.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #29
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I see, thank you.

Where'd you find that? (link?)

Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #30
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Where'd you find that? (link?)
https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...group_usernote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #31
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
That's for version 5 (we're not there yet). And it's a user group setting in 5. In earlier versions it was something that users can use to leave notes for each other.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #32
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Ah, all right. I was curious about the difference between Visitor messages, User notes, and Private messages. I didn't know what was the proper way to reply to a Visitor message when I couldn't post a Visitor message at the person's profile. /n00b
The Following User Says Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #33
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I am not caught up on this thread so forgive if some or all of these have been mentioned but here's my .02: When I try to write someone a visitor message and see that their messages are closed, I take a look at their user notes. If they have a lot of user notes, then I get the gist that that's where that person doesn't mind receiving messages, so I leave what would have been a visitor message there. If the user notes are also empty, I get the sense that they are a private person and back off or PM them instead. Not saying this is "right," just saying this is how I think of it.

Also, just a general reminder to all (not to you), for those that respond to visitor messages from someone on their own page, it is not as effective as going to the other person's page and responding. The person will get it quicker. If you (again, not Samurai, just general you) respond to the visitor message on your own page, it might get buried and the person will have no idea to check back. I sometimes see new people do that, so I thought I'd mention it in this post.

Quote:
I didn't know what was the proper way to reply to a Visitor message when I couldn't post a Visitor message at the person's profile. /n00b
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #34
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Someone in the CIJS thread posted about not knowing how to post a pic, so I made a post trying to help and Kelt said I should put it over here as well, so here I am, cross-posting.

-----

Go online and find the pic you want to post - if it is a pic from your computer, you need to upload it to a hosting site first like Flickr or whatever. Personally, I use Facebook because it's easier for me to have all my stuff in one place.

When you find or upload the pic you want to share, open it in a new tab/window so you are not just saving the URL of a thumbnail of the pic. Then right click the pic, scroll to copy image URL and left click that to save the URL of the pic:

Then come to BFP and go to the thread that you want to post the pic - click on the little picture icon up there:

A little box will come up asking you for the image URL - right click in that box and click on paste to paste the URL of the pic you want to post - making sure to paste over the "http://" that is already in the box - to do that, dont left click inside the box, just right click over the highlighted "http://" and paste your link:

Click ok and you will see a lot of code in your post - it will be the URL of the pic you want to post in between 2 IMG tags.

If you want to make sure your pic is posting correctly, hit preview to see it before you post it - that way if it is too large for the screen and people will have to scroll to view it or something, you can resize it and try again.

CIAJS ... I hope this helps!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #35
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I am not caught up on this thread so forgive if some or all of these have been mentioned but here's my .02: When I try to write someone a visitor message and see that their messages are closed, I take a look at their user notes. If they have a lot of user notes, then I get the gist that that's where that person doesn't mind receiving messages, so I leave what would have been a visitor message there. If the user notes are also empty, I get the sense that they are a private person and back off or PM them instead. Not saying this is "right," just saying this is how I think of it.

Also, just a general reminder to all (not to you), for those that respond to visitor messages from someone on their own page, it is not as effective as going to the other person's page and responding. The person will get it quicker. If you (again, not Samurai, just general you) respond to the visitor message on your own page, it might get buried and the person will have no idea to check back. I sometimes see new people do that, so I thought I'd mention it in this post.
Sometimes, I do like you and PM them - other times, if someone leaves me a message but I cant leave them one, I sometimes go into the thread from where their comment to me originated and I leave them a rep message, so I can message them - even though it isnt a public response.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #36
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

I am answering this over here so I dont clutter up the CIJS thread with my post.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
How does one resize a pic?
I, personally, go to this site - I like it because I can upload a pic from my computer to resize or I can copy/past the URL of a pic already on-line to resize. Then I save the resized pic to my computer, upload it to Facebook, grab the URL from there, and post it here.

I'll use pics for this one as well - once you try it, you will see how easy and fun it is and you wont be worried about resizing pics for this or any other site.

First, when you go to the above picresize site, you will either choose to upload a pic from your computer or you will enter a URL of a pic already on-line:

1. Choose "from computer" to upload a pic from your computer, then 2. click browse and choose the pic you want to upload, then 3. hit continue to upload the pic.

OR

1. Choose "from Web" to use a pic already on-line, then 2. add the URL in the box, then 3. hit continue to use that pic.

(I chose one from my PC because I didnt feel like doing an on-line search for a random pic. lol)

When you hit continue, you will go to this page - here is where you can do all kinds of things to the pic like crop, rotate, resize, add special effects, etc. In the above pic, you can see where you would crop, rotate, &/or resize using the drop down menu. The arrow points to the estimated final size after resizing and you can see that my pic is huge even when I choose the 50% smaller size. Ideally, for a site like this, you want to keep things around the 600 size, max - otherwise, the pic could be too big for people's screens, they may have to scroll to see it, etc.

Above is a pic of the drop down menu in action - you can see that you have several choices, including manual - so like if you are trying to make an avatar or icon and the site is specific about the pixel size (typically 100x100), you can manually change the size of the pic to 100x100.

The above shows my final choice for pic size - plus all of the other things I could do to my pic: special effects, saving it as a specific file, etc. For #4 Save As, I would leave all of that as the site has it because in most cases, you wouldnt need to change those options. When you are done with everything you want to change about the pic, click the "I'm done" button.

That brings us to the final page - you can choose view image, resume edit to go back and change more stuff, save it to your computer, or post it on-line somewhere. I usually click on view and then right click and save it because that's what I am used to doing, but your mileage may vary on that - it would probably be just as easy or easier to click on the "save to disc" button to save it to your computer - I just like to view it and see how big or small it is before I save it, that's all.

You can also see above those buttons what your file size was originally and what it is after the resize; and over to the right, you can see that you have 20 minutes to decide what you want to do on this page before the site wipes your pic clean.

Once you have the pic saved to your computer, you can upload it to Facebook, Flickr, whatever and from there, you can follow the other directions on how to post a pic to the site.

I hope that helps!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #37
Daktari

Or...

Upload the picture to hosting site of your choice, ie. Photobucket, and they have their own resizing options.

Simples!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #38
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Or, I use photobucket and have never gotten the sizing tool to work for me. Even the newest version that came out yesterday. I will still try to work with it a bit for the all in one option, but in the mean time I will definitely try pic resize.

Thanks Parker for the step by step, the visuals really help me.

Another thing I have found on sizing, if I take a photo with my iPhone I can email it direct to photobucket and I asks me what size I want to send and it works perfectly. But if I take a screen shot on the phone and send it the size options are not available and it is too big. Will try the Parker option for that too.

One other thing, If you find am image in google images, mouse over it and at the very bottom there is a link for 'more sizes'. That will usually bring up a page with a ton of different sizes of that one image. I just grab the image code for the size I want. If it is for a post I try to make sure the larger of the two dimensions is 300 or less so as to not disrupt the flow to much.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #39
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
One other thing, If you find am image in google images, mouse over it and at the very bottom there is a link for 'more sizes'. That will usually bring up a page with a ton of different sizes of that one image. I just grab the image code for the size I want. If it is for a post I try to make sure the larger of the two dimensions is 300 or less so as to not disrupt the flow to much.
I didnt know this - it's a very cool option!
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #40
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Thanked 3,359 Times in 626 Posts
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello

I am a new member and I wanted to tell the 3 ppl in the chatroom I really, really was attempting to respond to your "Hi", but alas! I fell short in finding the chatbox. So.....didn't want you thinking I was being rude and unresponsive. Will figure this new site out soon.
Happy_Go_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happy_Go_Lucky For This Useful Post: