nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Wow Bernie! A month ago you heard Russia was helping you and you kept that info to yourself?! Interesting it is you and the boob they are trying to help. Do you get it Bernie? You are the frigging reason we have the boob in office now. YOU split the vote. You are a useless Vt hippie on a power trip telling everyone everything will be free once you are in office.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #702
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Wow Bernie! A month ago you heard Russia was helping you and you kept that info to yourself?! Interesting it is you and the boob they are trying to help. Do you get it Bernie? You are the frigging reason we have the boob in office now. YOU split the vote. You are a useless Vt hippie on a power trip telling everyone everything will be free once you are in office.
^ 5 NH ~ when a candidate tells people what they want to hear and no explanation as to HOW it can be accomplished I get leery and not interested to hear anymore. The only way I see the Russia interference btwn TRUMP & Sanders is that Sanders didn't take Russia up on their offer. << I hope I am right lol I agree w/ Sanders though if TRUMP and his cronies paid their taxes so much more could be available for the American citizen . He brought up immigrants saying we all deserve equality, I would like to see ALL immigrants become American citizens have American benefits. they ( candidates ) have to come forward and not be scared to get their citizenship papers. I don't want to hear about what they have done or what they are going to do ~ I want to hear HOW << if it was so easy to have all those empty promises met at this point ~ it would have been done. oy lol so how r u and Bev ? lol
Old 02-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #703
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

It's obvious Russia is backing Bernie - as are Trump and the Republicans - because he is the easiest for Trump to beat! This is the absolute proof with this news that Sanders was briefed. Everyone knows this except the Bernie faithful who think they are smarter than the rest of the world.

And they keep saying but look at the head-to-head matchups. No one has hit Sanders with all the opposition research yet - they have been friendly to Bernie. They don't even need to make anything up about Sanders. His own history writes the attack ads. In the meantime, Biden shows the best head-to-head matchups with Trump in the swing states and that's after the Ukraine scandal.

Another thing that really bothers me is Sanders trying to suggest the Washington Post dumped the story to hurt him in Nevada. First of all, there is huge early voting in Nevada - so no it won't. Also, the American public has the right to know this! He wants it kept secret from us. It shows how Russia favors him as the nominee so Trump can beat him. Voters have a right to know this.

Then he just said yesterday how the Democratic establishment can't stop him. If you are the President or nominee of a party you are supposed to be the leader of the party - not oppose it! He makes me furious.

People need to start using their heads when they vote or it's 4 more years of Trump. Sanders will drag down the Senate and House too. And how long can Ginsburg last on the Supreme Court.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 06:55 PM   #704
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

It's looking good for Bernie tonight. I'm happy.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #705
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
It's obvious Russia is backing Bernie - as are Trump and the Republicans - because he is the easiest for Trump to beat! This is the absolute proof with this news that Sanders was briefed. Everyone knows this except the Bernie faithful who think they are smarter than the rest of the world.

And they keep saying but look at the head-to-head matchups. No one has hit Sanders with all the opposition research yet - they have been friendly to Bernie. They don't even need to make anything up about Sanders. His own history writes the attack ads. In the meantime, Biden shows the best head-to-head matchups with Trump in the swing states and that's after the Ukraine scandal.

Another thing that really bothers me is Sanders trying to suggest the Washington Post dumped the story to hurt him in Nevada. First of all, there is huge early voting in Nevada - so no it won't. Also, the American public has the right to know this! He wants it kept secret from us. It shows how Russia favors him as the nominee so Trump can beat him. Voters have a right to know this.

Then he just said yesterday how the Democratic establishment can't stop him. If you are the President or nominee of a party you are supposed to be the leader of the party - not oppose it! He makes me furious.

People need to start using their heads when they vote or it's 4 more years of Trump. Sanders will drag down the Senate and House too. And how long can Ginsburg last on the Supreme Court.
It is good to see you back on the boards, Bulldog.

I agree … I think people need to exercise a wide berth of caution as the months roll by before the big election this coming fall.

With a Republican controlled senate, and with heavy placement of conservative right-leaning judicial appointees who will serve a life time (reigning ach-ee-double-ell judges), and other unknown and unnamed conspirators who have helped the conservative right in upending democracy in favor of dictatorial rule and mindset, it is very worrisome and deeply concerning.

Was it Oscar Wilde who once said that, "For evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing"?

In nearly six months, I hope that a massive majority of voters will elect to oust the dictator in the WH (and subsequent henchmen across the political spectrum) and effectively say: "Game Over."

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #706
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Wow. A huge victory. South Carolina won't be that strong or perhaps even a victory, but this is reason to feel hopeful. Go, Bernie!
Old 02-22-2020, 10:11 PM   #707
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...no-politicians
Old 02-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #708
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Yes, of course, Latino Democrat politicians aren't going to endorse him because it would be political suicide. And it would be political suicide for all the Democratic House Members and Senators to have to run with him leading the ticket.

The Congressional Democrats have made it clear they don't want to run with him, Trump obviously favors him, the Russians are trying to help him win the Democratic nomination. How much more evidence do people need????? Do you really think we can survive 4 more years of Trump?

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 10:43 AM   #709
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wow. A huge victory. South Carolina won't be that strong or perhaps even a victory, but this is reason to feel hopeful. Go, Bernie!
I am STOKED!

And laughing:

Boston Herald: Joe Biden may be the only way Democrats stop Bernie Sanders now

The Bulwark: The 5 Lessons from 2016 Democrats Need to Understand If They Want to Stop Bernie

Fox News: Bernie Sanders’ projected Nevada victory leaves Dem establishment scrambling – Can he be stopped?

CNN: There's no way to stop Bernie Sanders

Mother Jones: Democrats Have No Plan to Stop Bernie Sanders

NYT: Bernie Sanders Romps in Nevada. Is He Unstoppable?

CNN International: Bernie Sanders' revolution is coming. His rivals are running out of time to stop it

Daily Beast: This Is the Only Move That Will Stop Sanders Now

NYMag: Maybe The Democratic Party Elite Can Actually Stop Bernie
Old 02-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #710
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Overheard ... on... CBS This Morning

Barack Obama was quoted as having said, that "Bernie Sanders is stoppable."

I think this is entirely true for any presidential candidate that does not have the best interests of the country at heart (including members of the GOP and that horrid person occupying the WH).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 05:57 PM   #711
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Polling has Sanders the biggest winner over Trump in most states where a Democrat would likely win. Not in New York (I think it was Bloomberg), but he would certainly carry New York if he got the nomination. He is the most electable Democrat at the moment. I don't know what negative info people think might be out there, but I think since Bernie has been in Congress for thirty years, most of it has come out.

Bloomberg is going to hurt Biden and Klobuchar and perhaps Warren. But he's not taking Bernie voters, predictably. So he is actually helping Sanders. Bernie has got the Democratic Party and the liberal media against him. If there were a lot of negative stories about him, they'd be getting attention now.

MSNBC is so sad. They keep doing the math and hoping it will all come out differently. Lol. They keep giving Klobuchar free publicity. They love her.

Bernie is almost guaranteed to win Michigan in the general election. And he's ahead of Trump in polls in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. That would be it. End of story. Plus he's tied in Florida and only two points behind Trump in Texas in the latest poll. It could be a landslide for Bernie.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:05 PM   #712
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Chris Matthews just apologized to Bernie for comparing the Nevada win to the Nazi invasion of France. It was a good moment. Lol.

They are making hay over this Fidel Castro comment though. That was a mistake Bernie didn't need to make.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #713
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Castro

Quote:
Chris Matthews just apologized to Bernie for comparing the Nevada win to the Nazi invasion of France. It was a good moment. Lol.

They are making hay over this Fidel Castro comment though. That was a mistake Bernie didn't need to make.
I saw that mistake, and thought it was stupid of him praising some of Fidel's actions there, I don't think he realizes how fearful many are of communism. I've vacationed in Cuba, and could never live in a place like that.

It would be better were he to stress and state often that he is still promoting democracy, and being a democrat. After all, I live in a democracy that offers free medicare to all. So, it would be of benefit for him to state that there are democracies in the world that offer free medicare - such as Canada, UK, etc. - in other words, he must educate the voters.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #714
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

The op research file on Sanders is damning. Anyone pretending that it's not is living in a fantasy land.

No Democrat wants to run down-ticket with him. A presidential nominee is not supposed to be a huge liability for other Democrats trying to get elected.

He has all the Florida Democrats up in arms over his remarks about Castro in his recent 60 Minute interview:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...omments-117213

I hope Sanders gets hit hard at the debate. He has been skating and getting off way too easy.

He's a train wreck for the Democratic party.

Fuckery Planned for South Carolina:

https://www.postandcourier.com/polit...1d262994c.html

Who Knows How Much It Happened in Nevada:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/nev...TtFuuQPNjtJuMA

The point is everyone thinks Bernie is the weakest candidate except of course the Bernie faithful.

God help us all.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #715
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Sanders seriously considered primarying President Obama in 2012. What an asshole.

Biden's new ad:

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #716
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

The Castro stuff just happened. What research are you talking about? Apparently the entire country is in fantasy land because no one is talking about it. The Castro thing was massively stupid. Bernie can usually be trusted not to do things like that. He won't stay tied in Florida for long if he defends that statement during the debates.

How can he be the weakest candidate when in polls pitting each Democrat running against Trump, Bernie does the best? Asserting things doesn't make them so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
The op research file on Sanders is damning. Anyone pretending that it's not is living in a fantasy land.

No Democrat wants to run down-ticket with him. A presidential nominee is not supposed to be a huge liability for other Democrats trying to get elected.

He has all the Florida Democrats up in arms over his remarks about Castro in his recent 60 Minute interview:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...omments-117213

I hope Sanders gets hit hard at the debate. He has been skating and getting off way too easy.

He's a train wreck for the Democratic party.

Fuckery Planned for South Carolina:

https://www.postandcourier.com/polit...1d262994c.html

Who Knows How Much It Happened in Nevada:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/nev...TtFuuQPNjtJuMA

The point is everyone thinks Bernie is the weakest candidate except of course the Bernie faithful.

God help us all.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #717
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
The Castro stuff just happened. What research are you talking about? Apparently the entire country is in fantasy land because no one is talking about it. The Castro thing was massively stupid. Bernie can usually be trusted not to do things like that. He won't stay tied in Florida for long if he defends that statement during the debates.

How can he be the weakest candidate when in polls pitting each Democrat running against Trump, Bernie does the best? Asserting things doesn't make them so.
Oh, they will be talking about. You are in complete denial.

I'll be back with a nice succinct list later.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-24-2020, 08:09 PM   #718
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Here's Clinton's research. It didn't make a big splash then. I don't think it's going to discourage many people now. Some of it is regrettable and wrong -- guns. But he's been more consistent than Biden by far. And Bloomberg of course, who has changed parties. I think the socialist stuff will scare some, but the more air time Bernie gets, the more people he wins over with his decency and authenticity. People like him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buz...ign-had-on-ber
Old 02-24-2020, 09:39 PM   #719
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

The stuff from the Clinton oppo research isn't what I was referring to.

Yes, of course, his remarks about Castro are new - they reinforce things from his past that people are bothered about. And the Florida Democrats don't want to run with him - and people should care about the down races too and not just Saint Bernie.

Anyway, Martina, I know I will never convince you about anything regarding Sanders but other people might want to know some of the following.

This excerpt from an article sums up some of the more problematic things about Sanders. There is more - a lot more. (I added the bold).

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...n-donald-trump

Nonetheless, Sanders faces serious obstacles to obtaining the Democratic presidential nomination. The gentle treatment he received in 2016 from the media and the Hillary Clinton campaign (which ran few negative television or media ads against him) means that many Democratic voters haven’t yet learned about the distinctly non-progressive positions he has taken on certain issues throughout his senatorial career.

Vermont is one of the whitest states in the nation, as well as among the most rural, the oldest (in terms of the age of its population), and with the fewest immigrants. Sanders, to win elections, had to appeal to hunters, older voters and other socially conservative constituencies. This explains his long opposition to gun safety measures (he voted repeatedly against the Brady bill and measures to hold gun manufacturers liable for the damage done by their products), his comparatively late conversion to the cause of gay marriage (he opposed it in Vermont as late as 2006), and his nativist opposition to certain immigration reforms (on the grounds that they would undercut wages for American workers).

If Sanders wins in Iowa and New Hampshire, it’s a safe bet that African American voters in South Carolina will hear quite a lot from his Democratic competitors about his vote for the so-called “Charleston loophole” that allowed the white supremacist Dylann Roof to get the gun he used to kill nine African Americans at a South Carolina church. And although former vice-president Joe Biden has caught heat for writing what became the 1994 crime bill – which, many progressives claim, resulted in mass minority incarceration – Sanders voted for it as well.

Democratic primary voters may also wonder how effective Sanders would be as president. His pitch to his supporters is that, if he somehow were to be elected, some sort of “political revolution” would result in Congress passing multitrillion-dollar plans for a Green New Deal, a top-to-bottom transformation of the healthcare system, a federal job guarantee, free college and student debt elimination, plus other vastly ambitious and expensive plans for education, immigration, housing and so forth.

These promises are unrealistic, and Sanders’ ability to get them past Congress would be approximately nil. The 2016 Clinton campaign’s opposition research file charged that Sanders, largely because of his go-it-alone approach, had a thin record of legislative accomplishment. “Sanders only sponsored one substantive bill that became law,” the document observed, while none of his House amendments had co-sponsors. And Sanders ranks dead last among all senators in the Lugar Center’s Bipartisanship Index for both the last two Congresses.

The chances of Sanders actually becoming president, however, are also close to nil. I say this because in 2016 I got a glimpse of the Republican party’s opposition research book on Sanders, which was so massive it had to be transported on a cart. The Newsweek reporter Kurt Eichenwald, who got to see some of its contents, declared that “it was brutal. The Republicans would have torn [Sanders] apart.”

According to Eichenwald, the book includes damning material such as the fact that Sanders was on unemployment until his mid-30s, that he co-sponsored a bill to ship Vermont’s nuclear waste to Texas where it would be dumped in a poor Hispanic community, that he honeymooned in the Soviet Union, and that he appeared at a 1985 rally in Nicaragua at which Sandinista supporters chanted “Here, there / the Yankee will die.” And then there’s Sanders’ fictitious essay in which he described a woman enjoying being raped by three men…

After the Trump campaign and Fox News got through weaponizing this research, the usual conservative charges against Sanders – that his domestic program would cost nearly $100tn over the next decade, that he would ban individual health insurance, send taxes into the stratosphere, and sympathize with terrorists and leftwing regimes – would seem almost benign. The Republican campaign against any Democratic presidential candidate is guaranteed to be ugly, but against Sanders it would be gruesome. The result most likely would be a Democratic wipeout on the scale of Labour’s under Jeremy Corbyn.

That’s why Sanders is the preferred Democratic nominee of Trump and his aides. It explains otherwise puzzling stories such as Trump coming to Sanders’ defense against Warren’s no-female-president claim, saying sexism is “not his deal”. And while living in Washington has made me cynical in some ways, I would not be in the least surprised if conservative dollars are swelling the coffers of Our Revolution, Sanders’ dark-money Super Pac which doesn’t have to disclose its donors.

Sanders is in many ways an appealing politician whose message has resounded at a moment when both America’s economic and political systems face tremendous voter skepticism. But as a viable candidate to defeat Trump? As they say in Sanders’ Brooklyn birthplace, fuhgeddaboudit.

p.s. I hear Bloomberg is about to unleash ads on Sanders based on his oppo research.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #720
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Sanders held a number of jobs before he was elected Mayor of Burlington. He worked. Total bullshit. All of this is ideological, meaning you just disagree with his position, or it's not true or we've heard it before and no one cares. So harmless.

Tags
2020, election