Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 03-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #41
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

This is what I access each month to find streaming shows and movies. So far have not hit a paywall:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/netf...18-1202711273/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #42
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Seven Seconds

I took a chance on this new Netflix series. The acting is excellent and the story is absorbing and well-written. This is season 1.

From IMDb:

When 15-year-old black cyclist Brenton Butler dies in a hit-and-run accident -- with a white police officer behind the wheel of the vehicle -- Jersey City explodes with racial tension. This crime drama explores the aftermath of the accident, which includes an attempted cover-up by the police department and a volatile trial. Assistant prosecutor KJ wants to prosecute the hit-and-run as a hate crime, in addition to a negligent homicide. The longer the case drags on without a resolution, the more tense the situation becomes.

Regina King stars.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #43
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I took a chance on this new Netflix series. The acting is excellent and the story is absorbing and well-written. This is season 1.

From IMDb:

When 15-year-old black cyclist Brenton Butler dies in a hit-and-run accident -- with a white police officer behind the wheel of the vehicle -- Jersey City explodes with racial tension. This crime drama explores the aftermath of the accident, which includes an attempted cover-up by the police department and a volatile trial. Assistant prosecutor KJ wants to prosecute the hit-and-run as a hate crime, in addition to a negligent homicide. The longer the case drags on without a resolution, the more tense the situation becomes.

Regina King stars.

This looks excellent. I planned to watch it after only reading the first sentence of the description. I stopped watching the trailer part way through because trailers always spoil it for me.

I am going to start watching this tonight! I have been searching for something to watch and not finding anything I liked.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #44
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Currently binging on Call the Midwife....

i’m enjoying it! (Thanks Mel)
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 03:34 AM   #45
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Stranger Things.............Season 3 is coming
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2018, 11:08 PM   #46
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Killing of a Sacred Deer.......

A bit to out there for me...........but check it out just in case
Old 04-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #47
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The Killing of a Sacred Deer.......

A bit to out there for me...........but check it out just in case

Sorry I screwed up! I posted this in the wrong thread. This is a movie and not a series, original or otherwise!
Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 AM   #48
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wild Wild Country

Watched all 6 episodes of Wild Wild Country, most excellent and informative documentary series.
Had no prior knowledge of Osho (aka Bhagwan/Rajneesh) prior to watching series... as have never been involved in "cults" (christian or otherwise - grinz).
Reflections afterwards: glad that I'm a Canadian! Between the fear of those Oregonians involved in this story and Sheela's fear of losing power, was amazed that the so-called guru (Osho) who preached awareness was so unaware of what was going on under his very nose (ditto for all of Osho's followers).
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 02:26 AM   #49
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Netflix has slotted April 13 for the launch of its Lost In Space remake of the 1965 series!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:03 AM   #50
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Netflix has slotted April 13 for the launch of its Lost In Space remake of the 1965 series!
This looks really good!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #51
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Currently binging on Call the Midwife....

i’m enjoying it! (Thanks Mel)
Love Call The Midwife !!

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #52
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Season 4 of Bosch on Amazon Prime streaming now.

I think it is the best season yet. I've been binging it the last couple of days and unfortunately am on episode #10, the last one.

I checked online and it was renewed for season 5.

If you get Hulu, season 2 of the Handmaid's Tale will begin streaming April 25th. Fantastic series.

The only negative with Hulu is that they only stream one episode per week so no binging is possible!

Putting in another plug for The Looming Tower, also on Hulu. I finished it this week. If you have Hulu, it is truly a series worth watching. All 10 episodes are now available.

~Washington Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 04:41 AM   #53
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile HBO's Westworld tv series

Oh my, such a fine series, questions the nature of reality and who and what we are
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 05:02 AM   #54
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Oh my, such a fine series, questions the nature of reality and who and what we are
I watched this for the first time last night and was intrigued by it. Not sure if I”ll continue to watch it (there may be too many triggers for me and I’m not a big fan of Thandie Newton), but it is thought provoking with some of my favorite actors (Jeffrey Wright and Ed Harris). Looks like another good series from HBO.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 06:03 AM   #55
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I watched this for the first time last night and was intrigued by it. Not sure if I”ll continue to watch it (there may be too many triggers for me and I’m not a big fan of Thandie Newton), but it is thought provoking with some of my favorite actors (Jeffrey Wright and Ed Harris). Looks like another good series from HBO.
charley, we posted this in the wrong thread. This thread is for original Amazon Prime and Netflix series! (Not HBO).

Apologies for posting in the wrong thread, everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 AM   #56
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Smile HBO series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
charley, we posted this in the wrong thread. This thread is for original Amazon Prime and Netflix series! (Not HBO).

Apologies for posting in the wrong thread, everyone!
I posted this TV series in this thread, as I did a search for "HBO" and "HBO series" and "HBO television" and came up blank, and didn't know where else to put it - still a newbie in a sense.
I'm sorry Orema that Westworld was a trigger for you. Meditation is a way of life for me and I have used triggers to follow my reactions and dissolve them (at least, if one goes to the very end of the reaction - everything being connected inside).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 07:06 AM   #57
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I posted this TV series in this thread, as I did a search for "HBO" and "HBO series" and "HBO television" and came up blank, and didn't know where else to put it - still a newbie in a sense.
I totally get it, charley. Finding the right thread can sometimes be an exhausting task. I've done (and will probably do again) the very same thing. It happens. I just know how frustrating it can be for the regular posters of a thread.

Quote:
I'm sorry Orema that Westworld was a trigger for you. Meditation is a way of life for me and I have used triggers to follow my reactions and dissolve them (at least, if one goes to the very end of the reaction - everything being connected inside).
Thank you. It sounds like you have some good coping mechanism—good on you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #58
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Watched the whole thing over the weekend! I never really cared for the original but this one was SUPER!! 1. The gals are large and in charge!! 2. FX are quite good. 3. Other changes re: cast were a surprise and done very well!

Quote:

HBO's Westworld tv series ... heck yeah!! Another excellent remake ... rework... whatever... thumbs up!!

Quote:
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2018, 03:59 AM   #59
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone watching the new lost in space?
Ally sheady is is awesome in her role
Great spin on the series totally digging this
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #60
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I am thinking of watching Safe on Netflix. Dexter actor with a British accent.

I just watched Berlin Station. I love espionage. It was good.