Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 PM   #261
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

Bacon, Egg, Avocado Salad serves 4 main dish servings or 6-8 side servings

1 head of dark green lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite sized pieces
1-2 large avocados
4-6 slices of bacon
6 eggs
Everyday Salad Dressing

1-Place all of the eggs in a medium size pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, covered. As soon as the water starts to boil. Take off of the heat, keep covered, and let sit for 15 minutes. Run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process and to prevent discoloration. Crack and peel the eggs and then chop into bite sized pieces.

2-While the eggs are cooking, cook the bacon. For stove top cooking, I use a large pan over medium high heat. Cook one side until browned and crispy, turn over with a fork or tongs. Cook the other side until browned and cooked all the way through. Or for oven cooking, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place bacon on a jelly roll pan and cook for 8-15 minutes (length of time will depend on bacon thickness). Watch carefully.

Once cooked, remove from pan or jelly roll pan, cool slightly and crumble into bite sized pieces.

3-Peel and dice avocados.

4-Put the lettuce in a large bowl and sprinkle the eggs, bacon and avocados over it. Dress with the salad dressing of your choice and serve.
This looks great. What dressing would you use with it? I'm not familiar with the 'everyday' dressing and then it says 'dressing of your choice' so I'm not sure what dressings would work and still fall within the parameters for Paleo/primal eating.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #262
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
This looks great. What dressing would you use with it? I'm not familiar with the 'everyday' dressing and then it says 'dressing of your choice' so I'm not sure what dressings would work and still fall within the parameters for Paleo/primal eating.
I'm not sure what they were suggesting, but I made a mustard dressing using cream, mayo, dijon mustard, and dried thyme.

I eat more low carb than paleo, so this fits me. I drizzled the dressing over the salad and it was excellent. Wish I had made more.

I would also try plain olive oil or sesame seed oil.

I'd love to know what others would use ....
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #263
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Asparagus Canadian Bacon and Cheese Frittata

Ingredients

5 large eggs
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 oz medium asparagus stalks (about 8), woody stems trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 medium slices Canadian bacon (about 2 ounces), coarsely chopped

Directions

Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, 3 tablespoons of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste together in a bowl.

Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and Canadian bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly. Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes. Remove the cover, scatter the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese over the surface. Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute. Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding. Slip the frittata out of the pan onto a cutting board, cut into wedges. Serve warm or room temperature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #264
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Yum! I love frittatas!

Quote:
Asparagus Canadian Bacon and Cheese Frittata

Ingredients

5 large eggs
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 oz medium asparagus stalks (about 8), woody stems trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 medium slices Canadian bacon (about 2 ounces), coarsely chopped

Directions

Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, 3 tablespoons of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste together in a bowl.

Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and Canadian bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly. Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes. Remove the cover, scatter the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese over the surface. Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute. Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding. Slip the frittata out of the pan onto a cutting board, cut into wedges. Serve warm or room temperature.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #265
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Yours sounds good Orema and would work just fine for Paleo if a good Paleo mayo is used.

Here is a recipe for a citrus vinaigrette that I use sometimes that may work nicely with that salad too.

1 small shallot, finely chopped
¾-cup olive oil
¼ cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Put everything in a jar with lid and shake to blend

Add Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

You can make your own champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar ahead of time, or you can use ACV but I find that to be a bit to strong for this recipe.

White wine vinegar: Buy an el cheapo white wine, seriously think $2-$3 range, and pour it into a canning jar, add some of the mother from some ACV, cover the opening with a little cheesecloth just to keep the dust out and wait a couple of weeks. You'll find that a lot of vinaigrettes use this.

Quote:
I'm not sure what they were suggesting, but I made a mustard dressing using cream, mayo, dijon mustard, and dried thyme.

I eat more low carb than paleo, so this fits me. I drizzled the dressing over the salad and it was excellent. Wish I had made more.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #266
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Yours sounds good Orema and would work just fine for Paleo if a good Paleo mayo is used.

Here is a recipe for a citrus vinaigrette that I use sometimes that may work nicely with that salad too.

1 small shallot, finely chopped
¾-cup olive oil
¼ cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Put everything in a jar with lid and shake to blend

Add Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Make about 1 1/2 cups

You can make your own champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar ahead of time, or you can use ACV but I find that to be a bit to strong for this recipe.

White wine vinegar: Buy an el cheapo white wine, seriously think $2-$3 range, and pour it into a canning jar, add some of the mother from some ACV, cover the opening with a little cheesecloth just to keep the dust out and wait a couple of weeks. You'll find that a lot of vinaigrettes use this.

Quote:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #267
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

That's odd, it posted twice. I must be stutter typing. lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:26 PM   #268
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

What about a honey mustard dressing? Or balsamic dressing? Even a homemade ranch would work. Just extra thoughts-
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #269
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Paleo Salted Caramel "Cheesecake" Bars

For the crust
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
5 pitted Medjool dates
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
Pinch of salt

For the filling
2.5 cups raw cashews
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp almond milk

For the caramel
3/4 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup ghee
1 cup palm sugar
3 tbsp honey
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup palm shortening

Instructions
1.Place the cashews in a bowl of water. Cover and soak overnight, rinse, and then drain.
2.Place the dates in a bowl of water and soak for 10 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
3.To make the crust, line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Place the walnuts and almonds into a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the dates, coconut flakes, and salt and blend until combined. Press the mixture into an even layer in the pan. Place in the freezer to chill while the filling is prepared.
4.To make the filling, place all of the filling ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until it reaches a smooth, batter-like consistency. Pour the mixture over the crust in the baking pan. Place back in the freezer for at least one hour to harden.
5.Meanwhile, make the caramel. Whisk together the coconut cream, ghee, palm sugar, honey, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a soft boil, and then reduce the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and is a rich golden brown.
6.Allow the sauce to cool for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the palm shortening until dissolved. Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and cut into bars. Add a dollop of caramel onto the top of each bar and use a spoon to spread over the top. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately or store in the freezer.

Notes
Servings: 12 bars
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Old 01-13-2015, 07:02 AM   #270
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Herbs

Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Herbs

When roasting winter vegetables, Melissa Rubel Jacobson says be sure to chop them about the same size, so they cook at the same rate. And toss them at least once while they're in the oven, so they brown evenly.

4 medium carrots (3/4 pound), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
2 large parsnips (1 pound), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick on the diagonal
1 medium head cauliflower (2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets
1 small butternut squash (2 pounds)—peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
10 sage leaves
5 thyme sprigs
Two 6-inch rosemary sprigs, cut into 2-inch lengths
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil, sage, thyme and rosemary and season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 55 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and golden. Scrape into a bowl and serve hot or at room temperature.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2015, 07:34 AM   #271
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default 5 Ingredient Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles

5 Ingredient Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles

Ingredients
2 lbs large wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 Tbsp grassfed butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 organic lemons
3 medium zucchini, cut into zucchini noodles
Optional: Red pepper flakes, to taste

Instructions
Precook the zucchini noodles by lightly steaming them until almost tender.
Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet or medium high heat
Add the garlic and stir into the butter.
Add the shrimp and sear for 1-2 minutes per side.
Add the lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste
Add the zucchini noodles and toss in the sauce.
Yield: 4 servings

Notes
Net Carb Count*: 5.91 per serving (serves 4)

Total Carb Count: 8.38 per serving (serves 4)

*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber.

Carb counts are estimated based on the products used by the chef. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #272
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

http://www.aspicyperspective.com/201...ato-salad.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #273
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
That Raw Beet and Sweet Potato Salad looks delicious. Love the colors, the way the scallions are cut, and the raw food. I'll make that soon. Thanks for posting, Jesse!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #274
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

It's been cold and rainy here the last couple of days so I decided to make a pot of veggie broth. Here it is about 30 minutes in...

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...DImw06uOIDUs80
Old 02-08-2015, 07:26 PM   #275
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Baked Egg in an Avocado

Baked Egg in an Avocado

Directions

1. Cut an avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. You can use both or just bake one and save the other for later.

2. Spoon a little extra out of each pit-hole to make room for the egg.

3. Put your avocado half(ves) onto a cookie sheet and crack 1 egg into each avocado. Some of the egg will spill over onto the top of the avocado. This is totally fine. Next time though, I think i'll add some cooked bacon crumbles in the pit of the avocado BEFORE I add the egg. That sounds amazing! Bacon...mmmm!

4. Add whatever you'd like on the top. I salt and peppered mine and added some fresh shredded Parmesan cheese.

5. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until your egg and yolk are as cooked as you prefer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2015, 11:28 PM   #276
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this yesterday and got really excited about making veggie noodles. It would also be perfect for green papaya salad...

Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2015, 12:14 AM   #277
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Don't you just love these? I know I do!

Quote:
Old 02-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #278
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Baked zucchini rounds! wanting to make these soon!

http://www.fivehearthome.com/2014/06...cchini-rounds/
Old 02-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #279
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I don't care for the egg w/ avocado. ONLY because of texture-- mush on mush = no thank you.
Sorry I've been not tuning in much lately-- Hope everyone is well and staying warm.
Any sweet treats you all enjoy? Low carb?
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2015, 03:09 AM   #280
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I don't care for the egg w/ avocado. ONLY because of texture-- mush on mush = no thank you.
Sorry I've been not tuning in much lately-- Hope everyone is well and staying warm.
Any sweet treats you all enjoy? Low carb?
I get it, ahk. I usually like variations in food textures, too, but the egg and avo does it for me. Don't have any recommendations on sweets--have been avoiding them lately.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo