Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-16-2020, 03:44 PM   #4861
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sunday Woo-woo JuJu

Omg, that is awesome Gemme. Wow, you had a big day of steps!

I am going to look into changing out the air filter on my air conditioning unit because I think Gemme is on to something important about dust and other micro bits of yucky stuff in the air. I've noticed that I have to dust often at home. Why, I have no idea because I have more hard wood floors than I have space covered in tapestry-like carpet. I vacuum the carpeted area often, because I know dust and stuff hides in carpeted areas. But how the dust and stuff gets inside my studio apartment I have no idea. But... I do need to replace the air filter on my air conditioning unit and maybe this will help filter out some of the un-seen elements residing inside my cozy home. I definitely want to look into an air purifier too. Thanks for your helpful tips, Gemme. I definitely want to look into getting an air purifier too, if I can find one that meets my needs at home.

Today is Slug-Muffin Sunday, where I kind of get some exercise in (steps, house cleaning, wandering around the neighborhood).
My step count is less that 3K, right now. Maybe I will get up to 5K by end of day.

In other news, though: I did get a big important "To-Do" list element crossed off my list by high noon (Pacific Coast Time). Getting this done today is significant progress for me because I suffer paralyzing effects when it comes down to "Get It Done" type of scenarios, these days. I have no idea why I procrastinate on serious stuff that needs to be done in timely ways, but thank heavens I snapped out of it and got it done today. Go me, right? *lol*

<<<<~~~ Huzzah!

Now I can relax the rest of today and possibly go on a browsing errand (no shopping until March or April or maybe even May, but by May, most certainly).

Happy Sunday to every one!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 06:13 PM   #4862
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

a butch i'm seeing wants to work out together...haven't made up my mind..it might be cool
4800 steps
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #4863
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
a butch i'm seeing wants to work out together...haven't made up my mind..it might be cool
4800 steps

Is "work out" a euphemism for something a bit more exciting and fun....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #4864
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Walked to the local brew pub; had a beer; walked home. Uber won't do a half-block trip.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2020, 07:04 PM   #4865
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Walked to the local brew pub; had a beer; walked home. Uber won't do a half-block trip.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:12 PM   #4866
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I walked/danced steps totaling 35 miles between Fri-Sun this past weekend. Today I rest
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2020, 10:16 PM   #4867
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Just barely over 7K steps today and I'll take it.

Easygoingfemme's post causes me to daydream about the thrill of riding my bicycle, like I did a few years ago (22 mi/day/7 days a week, more on the weekends). Loved reading your post Easy.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 09:52 PM   #4868
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I walked/danced steps totaling 35 miles between Fri-Sun this past weekend. Today I rest
I thought of you today! I was reading through some hacks and found one for riding bikes during winter. They suggested putting rows of zip ties around the tires to increase traction on snow and slush. Not sure if you've already done something like that, but I know you sometimes ride when it's less than ideal so maybe it could help a bit?

Today was good. 7234 steps so far. I made my goal but still feel a wee bit lazy today. I think it's all the rain.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 05:48 AM   #4869
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I thought of you today! I was reading through some hacks and found one for riding bikes during winter. They suggested putting rows of zip ties around the tires to increase traction on snow and slush. Not sure if you've already done something like that, but I know you sometimes ride when it's less than ideal so maybe it could help a bit?

Today was good. 7234 steps so far. I made my goal but still feel a wee bit lazy today. I think it's all the rain.
I have read about that but have not tried it! Thank you for the reminder to try it. That's way less expensive than the snow tires they make for bikes...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 11:04 PM   #4870
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I have read about that but have not tried it! Thank you for the reminder to try it. That's way less expensive than the snow tires they make for bikes...
The picture I saw had about twenty small zip ties around each tire with them cut close close to the lock so they didn't stick out. If you try it, I hope it works!

8883 steps today! I'm taking tomorrow off of work to paint a bunch of small furniture items. It's going to be fun!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 11:13 PM   #4871
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I coasted past 9K steps today.

Which I probably won't get too many more days like this next week. Starting tomorrow and all through the weekend up until next Thursday, I am delving into my studies so I can pass that test next Friday. If I pass it, it will be a major achievement and lead to a much more comfortable existence (in the long run). *fingers crossed*

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 09:21 PM   #4872
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I had over 8000 steps logged on my phone. My phone actually counts steps. It doesnt count movement if I'm sitting, texting or playing games😲

My friend recently got a fit bit and I was helping her with the set up over lunch yesterday. She was clocking steps as we sat there eating?? Hmmm?? Upon some research, I found that the fit bit actually adds up with arm movements. Which reminded me of another person I knew, that used to just wave their arm in the air to acquire steps..lol. The step counts help with the company health discount benefits.

I was puzzled when we compared steps throughout the rest of the day.. I wonder if my walking gait had anything to do with hers? We covered the same area, yet she had more. It was her arm movements..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 12:02 AM   #4873
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I had over 8000 steps logged on my phone. My phone actually counts steps. It doesnt count movement if I'm sitting, texting or playing games��

My friend recently got a fit bit and I was helping her with the set up over lunch yesterday. She was clocking steps as we sat there eating?? Hmmm?? Upon some research, I found that the fit bit actually adds up with arm movements. Which reminded me of another person I knew, that used to just wave their arm in the air to acquire steps..lol. The step counts help with the company health discount benefits.

I was puzzled when we compared steps throughout the rest of the day.. I wonder if my walking gait had anything to do with hers? We covered the same area, yet she had more. It was her arm movements..lol
Mary's sister is an health enthusiast and she too realized that by just waving her arms it effected her count as well!

For some reason it tickles my funny bone to think how high someone, who talks with their hands, count would be or at least appear to be....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #4874
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Time to catch up on my exercise posts!

I exercised 1 hour a day at the gym each day for my whole week off this week, Sunday, Feb 16th through and including today, Saturday, Feb 22nd. I can't say I'm doing well with my paperwork I wanted to get done for work, but at least there is some mighty good times at the gym.

Every day I did 30 or 35 minutes on the stairmaster Levels 1-3, 2 minutes each level, with "1"s for cool down, and then the rest of the time on the weight floor doing weights, stretching, abs, etc. My HR was 140s through 160s.

Since I was able to go at off hours, I got my favorite stairmaster every time, and the heart rate monitor is even working on it!

Wow, being off work sure makes life easy but I go back on Monday. I've been able to sleep in and cook and go to the gym. I think good sleep is so vital for intense exercise. And I haven't mastered that for the work weeks. I must keep trying.

While not at work and the weather so cold and my fitbit not working, I've gotten very few steps.

I am still enjoying having my health back.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #4875
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Holy Smokes!!

I had 11748 steps yesterday. I went back 3 months, nothing comes close to that. I just have a feeling, I'll be doing that again. Mmmm, possibly 2-3 times a week. And, get paid💸💰💲

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #4876
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

1 hr at the gym today. Tomorrow - back to work. Yikes! Figuring out how to still get enough sleep to be able to exercise.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #4877
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes on the stairmaster today, and 10K steps during the day. My co-worker suggested we take a walk at lunch due to some nice weather. It was a treat.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #4878
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I had a tremendously busy day at work today and I just took my fitbit off and it says I logged 9,221 steps. I think I'm coming to a turning point on my ability to walk better than I was with my cane. I've been busy with going to special appt's with a PT team at my regular clinic and I'm making progress. I still have lots of progress in the future, but I know that what happened to me has marked my life in ways that leaves me with mixed feelings.

But I'm glad I can walk, even if I can't run or jog or sprint or whatever. I can swim the backstroke and do water yoga type exercise and little by little I am building up my ability to ride my bike for short intervals of time.

Tired, happy, content, and still working toward making progress.

One day at a time.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 07:07 PM   #4879
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday and today I was tired and did not go to the gym. Poor sleeping both nights, as in -- too little sleep. However, each day (yesterday and today) gave me 5K steps each because of work.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 11:31 PM   #4880
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I swept two of the three outside flights of stairs. It was more of a workout than it sounds like because the steps are cement with groves the length of them which makes it difficult to get the dirt out no matter which way you sweep. Plus they were really dusty as we've been having a lot of wind storms. We're out in the sticks with many bare lots for sale, where a lot of sold homes are new/newer without well established lawns yet. Also around the development there are vineyards and large tracks of farmland, bare now in the winter so lots of dirt gets blown around.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights