Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #21
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Must See Documentary

Netflix: Cryps & Bloods: Made in America

This documentary will give you the history of racism, social and economic oppression being the root of how *clubs* came to be.

It will show you the imaginary lines that divide and keep people in their place.

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #22
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Theres a new movie out with Benjamem Bratt!

"La Mission"! (He's a tough guy who finds out his son is gay)

http://www.lamissionthemovie.com/
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #23
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I rented this from RedBox over the weekend and haven't gotten to see it yet - I hope its as good as I think it will be!

We have been on a Netflix Streaming marathon - Season 1 and 2 of Dexter had us driving to Winston-Salem, the closest location with Season 3 DVD. Season 4 was purchased from Amazon and I streamed it from the laptop to the flatscreen.

Now we are Lost addicts! I never got into it when it was on TV, but being able to watch episodes/seasons back to back - well, I am getting a LOT of knitting/crocheting done!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #24
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:

That's one of the one's ready in our instant queue (sp)

We have this on our DVD queue

America Beyond the Color Line

We are rotating between a movie and a disk for Criminal Minds I am on Season 2 the first disc love love the show.

Grant finally just got to watch "Precious"
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Old 08-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

oooo thanks I'm going to watch today.

Christie I love movies and probably watch 5 or 6 a week and have at least 3 shows I keep up on. Sometimes I'll just kick back with my PC on my porch and watch a few movies. The chickens like them too. I'll need to take a video of this one hen who looks at the screen trying to eat it,
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #26
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I streamed all the NCIS seasons I didn't see from Netflix
I believe I caught a few Leverage shows I missed on Netflix, too

I love being able to catch up with series I like now, but may not have watched from beginning

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #27
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation
Default great thread, thank you!

Mary and Max

"Mary Dinkle, a chubby 8-year-old Australian girl, and Max Horovitz, an obese, middle-aged New Yorker with Asperger's syndrome, are a pair of unlikely pen pals in this quirky clay animation feature from writer-director Adam Elliot. Corresponding for two decades, the friends delve into a variety of topics, including sex, kleptomania, psychiatry, taxidermy and more. Toni Collette and Philip Seymour Hoffman provide the voices of Mary and Max."

My comments: Incredibly sweet (and substantial) animated film.

MI-5 Vol. 1-4

"BBC television series following the personal and political dynamics facing so-called "spooks," the agents who deal in information and secrecy for Britain's MI-5. Because life as an employee of a counterintelligence agency is anything but typical, any given day can involve life-threatening situations, hurry-up-and-wait scenarios -- and moments when the fate of the world hangs in the balance."

My comments: Gripping suspenseful television series with high production values. Wayyyy better than '24' in my opinion. I was totally addicted. Warning: they are many scenes of violence.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

"Journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) and rebellious computer hacker Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) team up to investigate the unsolved disappearance of wealthy Henrik Vanger's (Sven-Bertil Taube) teen niece (Ewa Fröling), only to uncover dark secrets about Vanger's powerful family. Niels Arden Oplev directs this Swedish thriller based on the first novel from Stieg Larsson's best-selling trilogy."

My comments: Read the books first, if you are even so slightly inclined - they are *amazing*. This film adaptation is very good. Watch it before the likely-to-be-horrid American version is released.
Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparkle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #28
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
http://www.movies-links.tv/

Try that. It takes a little getting use to. I'm watching The Runaways now.

Search for a movie called "Teeth" its bizarre as hell. It's about a girl that has teeth in her pussy and bites off cocks. It's suppose to be a thriller but I laughed my ass off.
This site has been seized by the US Customs and Immigrations!

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #29
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
This site has been seized by the US Customs and Immigrations!
yeah that happens

try awooh.com

or until they take it down
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #30
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

I watched a really sad but eye opening documentary about the boy sex trade in Afghanistan.

"The Boys of Afghanistan"

It is a Frontline documentary on Netflix
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #31
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

whoa I just watched the remake of The Killer Inside Me with Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson and Casey Affleck. Its not on instant play but dvd. I watched it here

http://www.awooh.com/index.php/the-k...010/#more-3877

choose mega video.

what an intense movie. slow in a few spots but damn
Old 08-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #32
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, so pretend I have just learned about the miracle of television and tell me what to do to get streaming movies from The Netflix.
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 PM   #33
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Okay, so pretend I have just learned about the miracle of television and tell me what to do to get streaming movies from The Netflix.
you have to have a high speed connection. log in to netflix, or if you are not a member join. you'll see the instant play section. just select and click play. gave a look. its easy
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #34
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
you have to have a high speed connection. log in to netflix, or if you are not a member join. you'll see the instant play section. just select and click play. gave a look. its easy
What if I want to watch the movies on my television?
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #35
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Lightbulb

Quote:

A Wii

PS3 or Xbox360 will be needed

OR

Samsung has a blue ray that will also stream in NetFlix

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #36
Tucker

How Do You Identify?:
A pretty little thing
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fatale
Relationship Status:
Independently owned and operated

Thanked 1,295 Times in 486 Posts
Tucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST Reputation

I use my Wii to instantly stream thru my television.

Lately I have been watching Californication.
Great show!
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tucker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #37
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

A Blu-Ray or WII player will allow for Netflix streaming to your tv. I;m not sure what other devices will, but we have both of these and use Netflix all the time! I just wish they had more available for instant viewing.

I think dvd's will become a thing of the past with more streaming available. Blockbuster also has it now and I know that Blu- Ray makes that accessible also. Not sure if Blockbuster works with WII or not. We haven't signed up for that yet.. lol!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #38
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Almost forgot...
You can also run a cable from your laptop or PC to your tv and stream directly through amazon or whoever. We did this to watch the last season of Dexter before it came out on DVD.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

This was an excellent movie. Thank you for posting it. I loved it.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #40
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

C.R.A.Z.Y.

This was a film recommended by someone I adore.

"There are five boys in the Beaulieu family -- Christian, Raymond, Antoine, Zachary and Yvan. But Zac (played by Emile Vallee and Marc-Andre Grondin) is the only one who's gay. That's why growing up in Montreal alongside his heterosexual brothers and his strict, emotionally distant father (Michel Cote) proves especially challenging for the blossoming outsider, who finds solace in the music of Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones and David Bowie."

It is a French Canadian film about the relationship between a gay son and his father. The film spans the 60s-80s and has a pretty fantastic soundtrack, the humor is quirky and intelligent.

Let The Right One In

"Twelve-year-old Oskar (Kåre Hedebrant), the constant target of bullies, spends his time plotting revenge and collecting news items about the grisly murders plaguing his town. But things change when he meets a new girl named Eli (Lina Leandersson), a misfit vampire who steals his heart. As a serial killer continues to prey on teen boys in their small Swedish village, Eli helps Oskar find the courage to stand up to his tormenters."

Has anyone else seen this? I have friends who loved it...I expected to...
but it was too dark and twisted for me. I watched it, but it took me weeks to finish it. I wonder what others think?

The Girl Who Played With Fire

"Tech expert Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) becomes the prime suspect when two journalists, including Dag Svensson (Hans Christian Thulin), die after Millennium magazine publisher Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) launches an exposé of the Swedish sex trade. In Part 2 of the trilogy based on the action novels of Stieg Larsson, the vampiric Salander vanishes as Blomkvist digs deep into a possible conspiracy."

For those of you who have read the Millennium Trilogy, film #2.

(ever see 'La Femme Nikita'? and then have the misfortune of watching 'Point of No Return'?)

Read (and then see) the Millennium Trilogy now, before it is dumbed down.

Aimee & Jaguar

Based on the memoirs of Lilly Wust, this is the story of two women who fall in love in 1943 Berlin: Lilly (Juliane Köhler), the wife of a Nazi officer, and Felice (Maria Schrader), a Jewish journalist. When the two women begin their affair, they rechristen themselves Aimée and Jaguar to help avoid detection. They then set up housekeeping and try to tune out the war, but the Gestapo is never far behind.