Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Samurai Sketchbook of Butch-Femme Art

The Butch-Femme community is like sparkly lights and that gets me drawing. My goal is to capture the kaleidoscope of butch and femme expressions, the fun, the curious, the smexy and most of all, the love . At first, I'm gonna stumble into things, but I'll get better!

Do you have a BF sketch request? Share your idea and I'll see if I can sketch it for you. It's not a toaster, but hey it's free! I also do commissions for those special occasions.

In the spirit of BFP, comments are always welcome

Enjoy!
Mika
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Evening Wear

Dabbling in the butch-femme dynamic. It feels kind of surreal.

PS. Most of the time, I'll use 'butch-femme' generically, like in "Butch Femme Planet", for simplicity.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default At Your Service

It takes a lot to let myself draw a maid outfit, so this was a personal achievement.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default "You're on my tractor."

It is a cute tractor.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Awsome drawings.... im a artist myself... and love checking out other artists works, ... keep em coming..

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
Awsome drawings.... im a artist myself... and love checking out other artists works, ... keep em coming..
Thank you, I'll keep working at it! I'm also hoping to see more BF-themed art around.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I love this idea and you are a great artist!

I can only speak for me but I do hunger for butch-femme images.

How about a good kissing one?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

A fine choice, M'lady. Interestingly, this theme just came up on this thread too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i draw myself, well i used to. Also in black and white. Love your work!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #10
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Smile Request: Red Kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

Here you go! Thanks for the request. I got distracted a little - just a little - while browsing around for references. *ahem*
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #11
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i draw myself, well i used to. Also in black and white. Love your work!
Thank you, Dee. Your photography work is awesome! Creative professionals are so inspiring.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #12
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Wanderer View Post

Here you go! Thanks for the request. I got distracted a little - just a little - while browsing around for references. *ahem*
Very impressive work and as I said in a rep, you should really consider doing a comic book of sorts. have several characters and make a storyline.

And holy... you're fast with the requests!
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #13
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You are very talented! Thanks much, I love your work

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #14
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Very impressive work and as I said in a rep, you should really consider doing a comic book of sorts. have several characters and make a storyline.

And holy... you're fast with the requests!
Thank you for the vote of confidence! I don't know how you read my mind, but comics is what I'd really like to do. However, I'm new to this genre. While I'm doing my best to educate myself about fellow butch-femmes and their extraordinary experiences and outlooks, there's so much to read and ponder on. It would be considerably faster to collaborate with someone who's already knowledgeable and has a story in mind. We could do comics or illustrated stories, both would be fun. If you or someone you know might be interested in doing a mini project, shoot me a PM!

I try to pace myself
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you for the vote of confidence! I don't know how you read my mind, but comics is what I'd really like to do. However, I'm new to this genre. While I'm doing my best to educate myself about fellow butch-femmes and their extraordinary experiences and outlooks, there's so much to read and ponder on. It would be considerably faster to collaborate with someone who's already knowledgeable and has a story in mind. We could do comics or illustrated stories, both would be fun. If you or someone you know might be interested in doing a mini project, shoot me a PM!

I try to pace myself
That sounds like a great idea! I do write, as a matter of fact.

We'll talk
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default Beach Splash

Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

what an amazing gift you have
:]
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #18
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default Flower Faeries

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default Embracing Forever

Continuing my exploration of the genre. Comments are always welcome.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #20
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

horses? Something with horses?

I love your style. Not everyone can draw in perspective and even fewer develop their own style. I would recognize yours now if I ever saw one elsewhere!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:

Tags
butch art, butch-femme art, butch-femme couples, femme art, lesbian art