Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 12-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Obama's Public Support of Michael Vick

I just read this article this morning.

Here is the link which was posted Mon Dec 27 09:26am EST:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-300632

I don't know how it will look copied and pasted below until I submit so keep in mind this is my attempt to convenience you.

*********** Begin Article ************

Obama calls Eagles owner to congratulate him for signing Vick
By Chris Chase

Michael Vick(notes) has been getting support from all sides during his road to redemption. He's now getting it from the leader of the free world.

NBC's Peter King reports that Barack Obama called Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie earlier this week to congratulate him for giving Vick a second chance after his release from prison. According to King, the president said that released prisoners rarely receive a level playing field and that Vick's story could begin to change that.

Forget your political allegiances or feelings about Michael Vick and take a step back to think about this. The sitting president of the United States went out of his way to publicly praise a man who, 3 1/2 years ago, many thought would never play again in the NFL. Even the most ardent believers in Vick couldn't have fathomed a turn-around like this.

In retrospect it seems obvious that Vick would get a second chance in the NFL, but it wasn't so clear-cut back when he was lying to the commissioner, getting sternly admonished in federal court and serving out a sentence at Leavenworth. We tend to take for granted unbelievable events when they slowly unfold before our eyes. The step-by-step nature of these sorts of tales tend to minimize the shock when taken in over a long process. So though it now seems like it was all pre-destined to work out like this, it wasn't: Vick's rise and fall and rise is a truly stunning tale. He went from star to pariah to inmate to backup to MVP candidate to political prop for the leader of the free world all in a span of a couple years.

[Related: Obama and Kobe Bryant talk trash]

For Obama to praise Vick now shows a number of things, namely that uttering the quarterback's name is thought to be a safe political move. He's playing the best football of his life for a playoff team and was the second-leading vote getter for the Pro Bowl. At the moment, he's the model of redemption, someone worthy of praise.

Because, if you think about it, Vick got that "second chance" from Lurie 16 months ago. There was no phone call from the president then. Praising Vick at that time would have been a political third rail. But now that Vick is playing great and most people seem to have either forgiven him or stopped caring about his transgressions, it's a shrewd political move. After what could be termed a rough two years in office, the president is looking for a second chance from the people who have turned against him over the past two years. Supporting a huge star like Vick could help with the president's recent image problems. It may not register much nationally, but it couldn't hurt in Pennsylvania. After all, it's a swing state and 2012 is just around the corner.

*********** End Article ***********

I want to know what others here at the BF Planet think about this.

Here's my input:
After reading this, Obama sealed his fate regarding my future vote. He will not get another vote from me this next time around. If he feels compelled to forgive Vick, he could have done so quietly in his heart. Obama's public support of Vick under his title as the United States of America's President not only sickens me but really infuriates me.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

still waiting for him to show some sort of remorse of his crime.... instead of smirking about it.
and maybe some serious animal rescue help and support / as in funding to the animal humane society would be nice.
or has he done this already and I just missed it somehow?

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I would like to see Vick permanently out of the public eye but his jock stardom will continue lifting him up.

I am not hear to judge whether another a person is willing to forgive Vick or not.

I am simply fucking sick to death of how this country generally excuses the horrendous behaviors of our athletes and embraces them in high status. Look at the history. I won't name other jocks. You know who they are.

morningstar55, thanks for taking time to post your opinion.

Will be late for work if I don't get a shower and scoot ...

Wishing everyone a pleasant day!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

This is another of those tricky ones.

I thought it was odd that a sitting President stuck his nose in this.
Then again, I doubt he would have if it wasnt politically advantagous
to do so.

Vick is a hot commodity right now. A lot of people might want
to jump on that bandwagon.

On the other hand, regardless of how I feel about what Vick did,
he was tried, convicted, and served his time. He paid his "debt to society".
He has the right to resume his life and career.

I dont think this is about special treatment to athletes or excusing
horrendous behavior of athletes. It is about an ex-con having the right to pick up the pieces of his life.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

We are entitled to our opinions. Personally, I do not see anything wrong with what Obama did. The decision of Obama contacting the owner of the Eagles and giving his support will NOT sway my vote in the next election. I personally would not take this kind of thing into consideration when making my decision on who to vote for. In my own honest opinion, there are far more important things to consider when it comes to the elections.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 AM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

are you fucking kidding me?

I think that ANY act of animal abuse on ANY level should have huge penalties ESPECIALLY if you're a public figure. I can't even believe so much media attention and money has been spent on a selfish idiot when all that money could have been put to use helping animals. The ignorance of people just blows my mind.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I would rather have obama for president than someone else who wouldnt even consider giving us equal rights would you?

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Real Heros

Second Chance for the Michael Vick Dogs: Meet the Rescued Pit Bulls www.badrap.org/rescue/vick/
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Here's my input:
After reading this, Obama sealed his fate regarding my future vote. He will not get another vote from me this next time around.
Sarah Palin will appreciate your support in 2012.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Curious - For those who will not support President Obama, who has done more for Gay rights than any sitting President in the history of our nation, in the next election because he congratulated the Eagles coach on Vick: Do you feel that congratulating a football coach on gaining anothe player (no matter their history) negates President Obama's (in my opinion) stellar Gay Rights record?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Curious - For those who will not support President Obama, who has done more for Gay rights than any sitting President in the history of our nation, in the next election because he congratulated the Eagles coach on Vick: Do you feel that congratulating a football coach on gaining anothe player (no matter their history) negates President Obama's (in my opinion) stellar Gay Rights record?
Further to that, do you people not realise that by not voting Democrat in the next presidential election you will be actively voting FOR someone who not only will not do anything good but who will ACTIVELY work to HARM you?

Even if you don't vote and the Republicans win you are complicit in their winning.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

*IMO*

A phone call to congrat someone for giving someone a second chance is in no way going to sway me into voting for anyone other than Obama.

Doesn't mean i don't cherish and love animals. It is so beyond that thought.

The world is full of self perfect people.

The world is full of people who screw up and continue to do so.

The world is full of people who screw up and don't do it again.

The world is not full of people who care about our rights.

Obama has done so much good...imo and continues to get my vote.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Somewhere in DC, a consultant for whomever will be the Republican nominee in 2012 is smiling at the thought. I get being angry or disappointed (although, quite honestly, I'm not) but to seriously base your vote on THIS issue? Really? I can understand not voting for Obama because he hasn't shut down the Guantanamo detention center. I can understand not voting for Obama because he hasn't stopped the indefinite detentions. I can even understand not voting for Obama because he's shown poor political judgement but to not vote for him because of THIS? I just don't understand the political calculus or rationality you are using. Perhaps you can explain it?

Let's say, for instance, that Sarah Palin is the nominee (please, please, let her be the nominee) are you going to tell me that between a woman who believes that shooting wolves from a plane is sport and a man who believes that an ex-convict deserves to get his life back (even an ex-con who abused animals) you would choose the former? If you say you wouldn't vote then *by default* you've voted for whoever wins the election. So you wake up the day after Election Day 2012 and find out that Palin is the next POTUS. Would you feel okay with that outcome given that it was based on this issue?

Cheers
Aj

Quote:
I just read this article this morning.

Here is the link which was posted Mon Dec 27 09:26am EST:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-300632

I don't know how it will look copied and pasted below until I submit so keep in mind this is my attempt to convenience you.

By Chris Chase

Michael Vick(notes) has been getting support from all sides during his road to redemption. He's now getting it from the leader of the free world.

NBC's Peter King reports that Barack Obama called Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie earlier this week to congratulate him for giving Vick a second chance after his release from prison. According to King, the president said that released prisoners rarely receive a level playing field and that Vick's story could begin to change that.

Forget your political allegiances or feelings about Michael Vick and take a step back to think about this. The sitting president of the United States went out of his way to publicly praise a man who, 3 1/2 years ago, many thought would never play again in the NFL. Even the most ardent believers in Vick couldn't have fathomed a turn-around like this.

In retrospect it seems obvious that Vick would get a second chance in the NFL, but it wasn't so clear-cut back when he was lying to the commissioner, getting sternly admonished in federal court and serving out a sentence at Leavenworth. We tend to take for granted unbelievable events when they slowly unfold before our eyes. The step-by-step nature of these sorts of tales tend to minimize the shock when taken in over a long process. So though it now seems like it was all pre-destined to work out like this, it wasn't: Vick's rise and fall and rise is a truly stunning tale. He went from star to pariah to inmate to backup to MVP candidate to political prop for the leader of the free world all in a span of a couple years.

[Related: Obama and Kobe Bryant talk trash]

For Obama to praise Vick now shows a number of things, namely that uttering the quarterback's name is thought to be a safe political move. He's playing the best football of his life for a playoff team and was the second-leading vote getter for the Pro Bowl. At the moment, he's the model of redemption, someone worthy of praise.

Because, if you think about it, Vick got that "second chance" from Lurie 16 months ago. There was no phone call from the president then. Praising Vick at that time would have been a political third rail. But now that Vick is playing great and most people seem to have either forgiven him or stopped caring about his transgressions, it's a shrewd political move. After what could be termed a rough two years in office, the president is looking for a second chance from the people who have turned against him over the past two years. Supporting a huge star like Vick could help with the president's recent image problems. It may not register much nationally, but it couldn't hurt in Pennsylvania. After all, it's a swing state and 2012 is just around the corner.

*********** End Article ***********

I want to know what others here at the BF Planet think about this.

Here's my input:
After reading this, Obama sealed his fate regarding my future vote. He will not get another vote from me this next time around. If he feels compelled to forgive Vick, he could have done so quietly in his heart. Obama's public support of Vick under his title as the United States of America's President not only sickens me but really infuriates me.

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'd like to mention another thought I had regarding this:

I think that Michael Vick did wrong. Dog fighting is not not not ok on any level. I did wonder when this story first broke how the environment would have been different had it been a white person, another type of animal cruelty, etc.

Because Im not a fan of dog racing or horse racing either. Horses and dogs are routinely kept in inhumane conditions, shot up with drugs that make them twitch and foam at the mouth and trained under stressful, painful circumstances so people can stand around and bet on who runs the fastest.
Not trying to equate dog fighting with horse racing - they arent on the same level, but I do see some class stuff going on with how the mistreatment of animals is viewed when a black man does it and how it is viewed when white folks have been doing it for 100 years.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #15
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

By Chris Chase

Roflcopters... I guess the rest of the west just didn't get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Further to that, do you people not realise that by not voting Democrat in the next presidential election you will be actively voting FOR someone who not only will not do anything good but who will ACTIVELY work to HARM you?

Even if you don't vote and the Republicans win you are complicit in their winning.
Anyways, pretty much agree with what betenoire posted. To refrain from voting for Obama, if you have any interest in obtaining equal rights for the gay community in the US in the next few decades, is counterproductive. Voting in most of the western world is pretty much a lesser of two evils deal, in my view. I don't consider myself a supporter of any of my own country's main political parties, but when it comes down to maintaining and progressing human rights it's important to know which parties will get it done in our current society. In the US, the democrats are the only realistic hope the American lgbt community has if it desires equal rights. Personally, I wouldn't squander away a chance at equal rights over his support in giving a second chance to an athlete charged with dogfighting. Dogfighting, while not humane, is just one of the biproducts of even greater and more enduring problems present in western societies. Solve those and you'll be much closer to solving problems like dogfighting.

As for the topic at hand, personally I don't think it's part of a politician's job to make public comments/show support on issues that have nothing to do with their role. It's been a few times now that I've heard of Obama lending support to issues that have little to nothing to do with his role as American president, and, imo, it makes him look more like a celebrity than a politician. Not a smart move on his part.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lots of interesting views. Thanks for your posts.

I will not be voting for Obama or Palin - that is for sure. I see myself as having a minimum of three choices.

Lunch hour is almost up - back to the office. Thanks again, everyone.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have to worry about who to vote for, being Canadian. But I agree with some here that NOT voting for Obama is the equivalent to voting Republican. THEY certainly are not working toward many causes I believe in.

As for animals, it's been expressed much better than I ever could:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."

Mahatma Ghandi

An animal is not a human child, therefore it's life is worth less? Human arrogance. Look around and see what THAT'S done to our planet.

Vick - I have no use for him. He tortured, killed and ruined the lives of a great many of our fellow creatures. Fucker!

Last edited by suebee; 12-28-2010 at 12:49 PM.
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #18
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

June, my comments weren't aimed at you personally. You may have been the only person to have made the comparison to a human child on this thread, but it's a comment I've heard again and again. OF COURSE you'd save your child first. My point is that humans have been comporting themselves in a far too arrogant manner for far too long. It's destroying our planet. It's used as an excuse to do absolutely HORRIFIC things to animals. It's time we stepped up to the plate and behaved like the itellectually and morally superior creatures we (as a race) make ourselves out to be.
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #19
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Distractions from the real issues. That is all this story is.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.

Last edited by Ebon; 12-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #20
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I love animals, and I think dog-fighting is one of the most inhumane and disgusting things that people do (along with bull-fighting, cock-fighting, etc.)

Having said that, I do put human needs and human rights ahead of those of animals...including those of former prisoners who have paid their debt to society and who most often do not get a chance to rebuild their lives free of prejudice and judgment.

Do I think Obama should have made that call, as the president? No. I think that was stupid. I also recognize that he's human...and that a whole lot of folks have an attachment or put a value on sports and athletes that I, frankly, don't understand. Maybe he's one of them. Maybe he was doing it for political points. I don't know...and honestly don't care, either. I think he's fallible. I also think he's done a great deal to try to make our society more equitable and just....not all successful, but the effort has been there, and I appreciate and respect that.