Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Aquaman.. on the big screen.. and I rather enjoyed
Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 AM   #3362
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

"The Favourite"...loved it.

Engages the eyes, ears, brain.
You'll laugh; you'll cry; you'll go Google who these people really were.
What more could you ask from a film?

Check it out.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #3363
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Favourite

[QUOTE=C0LLETTE;1237928]"The Favourite"...loved it.

Engages the eyes, ears, brain.
You'll laugh; you'll cry; you'll go Google who these people really were.
What more could you ask from a film?

Like you Collette, I really enjoyed this film.
We seem to have a very good knack at producing good period drama's with dark humour injected.
Great acting by all, and yes it makes you want to find out more about these women and their history.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #3364
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Last Movie...

I watched The Matrix a few days ago. Lots of messages in that movie...

I have yet to watch The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. I may watch the next one tonight...
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:28 AM   #3365
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool "Musicals" - A Star is Born & Bohemian Rhapsody

Considering that the Academy Awards are coming up, I am checking out the favs:

So, Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)... interesting film, worth watching - up for 5 Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture - and Best Actor for Rami Malek. Being a sci-fi fan, I know Malek from I, Robot I am not a rocker at all, but it was a fairly good film. Of course, there were all the songs that I've already heard and I'm sure many here know, and it was quite entertaining. I do not think it will win as Best Picture, but Malek was pretty good. Am not sure I would watch it again. I have to agree with one comment by one of the actors in the film, that he wouldn't really have much to do with Freddie Mercury until Mercury "liked himself", and I think that was something I picked up on early in the film... shame that he had to get sick just to wake up.

Now, also saw A Star is Born (2018), which I enjoyed more than Bohemian Rhapsody - on the whole. Lady Gaga was really good - boy can she sing - and act! The fact that there was "love" involved engaged me more than the Rhapsody. Up for many awards, including Best Picture, Best Actress, and Best Actor, and Best Supporting Actor. Worth watching, I may see it a second time.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #3366
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Mademoiselle de Joncquières....English nobility can be mean ( The Favourite );French nobility is just plain viscious.

Last edited by C0LLETTE; 01-23-2019 at 04:41 PM. Reason: edit
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2019, 02:19 AM   #3367
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Mara a horror movie on Netflix.

Last week was East of Eden with my main man James Dean.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #3368
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Black Panther (2018)

Well, I saw Black Panther (2018), and really liked it overall. Much fun, action, drama, fantasy... (wishful thinking - lol/the American Dream for m/woc). So, I suspended my belief system so to speak (btw, I don't any beliefs), and just enjoyed the film for what it is, and it was really quite well done. It's nominated for 7 Academy Awards and I thought it was well worth watching. As an aside - Hey, this evil guy, Klaue - I thought he reminded me of some actor I had seen before, and in the 2nd scene he appeared in, it dawned on me, it was Gollum (!!! *g) from Lord of the Rings, the inimitable Andy Serkis.

Well, the SAG awards were announced, and this film beat out all the others for best picture (i.e. it won out over A Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody, BlacKkKlansman, and Crazy Rich Asians). Apparently, the Screen Actors Guild are said to be a good indicator of who might win at the Academy Awards; we'll see, right?

Anyhooo, as Nina Simone, once sang - but not in this film (btw, I once saw her live... ):

"To be young, gifted and black,
Oh what a lovely precious dream
To be young, gifted and black,
Open your heart to what I mean..."

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #3369
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Roma.....

I tried to watch Roma but gave up .............
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:46 AM   #3370
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Warning Contains Spoilers.........

(2018) Glenn Close, Jonathan Pryce, Christian Slater

I had been wanting to see this ever since I read the book by Meg Wolitzer. In the book it's not as clearly spelled out that she wrote all the books not him! I remember after reading the book shaking my head and thinking why, after all he put her thru, would she still want to preserve his reputation. I guess I'm still wondering the same thing after seeing the movie!

The cast and acting is great and I really enjoyed the movie! I can see why Glen Close is up for so many awards this season!
Old 02-02-2019, 10:18 AM   #3371
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Boy Erased Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman, Joel Edgerton

Enjoyed the movie even tho it seemed to move slow. Had no idea it was based on a real life person/family!
Old 02-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #3372
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Papillon. Based on true story. I liked.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:42 AM   #3373
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Call me by your name

Watched this film last night on dvd.
I have to say I rather think it was hyped up a lot.
Although the young actor
Timothée Chalet was very good,I just found it way too long.
The press were all over this movie when it was released.
But for me it was just ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 07:09 AM   #3374
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Roma.... absolutely awesome, I thought this was such a beautiful movie cinematography was superb, got a few glimpses of my own childhood in this movie , my pick for best picture
Old 02-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #3375
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Default Roma (2018)

I too saw Roma... [in Spanish with English subs]... oh, what a beautiful film (!!!), a masterpiece...

It was shot in black and white

Could easily win best "Foreign Language Film", is also in the running for best "Picture"; it's up for 10 nominations... we'll see...

I felt at times as if I was snooping in on on the daily life of a real family - who was surreptitiously under surveillance, especially Cleo. The whole film really touched me, and will be hard to forget. Absolutely, it was a remarkable work of art, and everyone (except for Fermín and the absent husband) was endearing.

As an aside, I am sure I saw a '57 Chevy in it - my dad had one, turquoise and white...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKVYRtE-kXI
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #3376
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Private Life.................

starring: Kathryn Hahn, Paul Giamatti, Gabrielle Reid

A couple coping with infertility struggle to keep their marriage going as they navigate through the world of adoption and assisted reproduction.

It was WAY too long and I knew even before starting it, I wasn't going to like it, but it was Mary's turn to pick so..............
Old 02-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #3377
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Since we have no movie theaters less than an hour away. Have to depend on cable. The last one we watched was Dunkirk. Well acted with beautiful cinematography. Well worth watching, especially for those of us who enjoy WWII military history. It also did justice to the British civilian navy volunteers who, using their own vessels, saved many drowning sailors from ships on fire.

(one problem during the film, Partner and I argued about where Dunkirk was located...She argued, France...I maintained Belgium. We both ended up correct.)
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #3378
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Widows starring Viola Davis Michelle Rodriguez, Elizabeth Debicki Cynthia Erivo

Set in contemporary Chicago, four women with nothing in common except a debt left behind by their dead husbands' criminal activities, take fate into their own hands, and conspire to forge a future on their own terms. IF only this was the movie Hollywood made! A wonderful cast of women that the movie should of revolved around but didn't IMHO!

I guess "the powers that be" in Hollywood thought throwing a lame political twist in with big name actors such as Robert Duvall & Collin Farrell would be more bankable!

I did enjoy it tho ..........
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #3379
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Can You Ever Forgive Me

starring: Melissa McCarthy, Richard E. Grant Jane Curtin

Story of real life writer Lee Israel and her fall out of step with current tastes that leads her to turns her art form into deceptions.

I really enjoyed this movie.......

Sidebar: Unfortunately Anna Deavere Smith has only one short scene in the movie as Lee's ex!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 02:26 AM   #3380
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

Default ALITA Battle Angel

OK film, but not great.

This film I felt was too hyped up by the producers.
It could have been cut by at least 10 minutes.
Also i didn't think it looked has visually stunning as Avatar.
There was a moral storyline to it.
But for me it just didn't delivered.
As I usually say make up ya own mind.

Tags
film, movie