Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #41
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

TY for the link Jelli! We love to cook with our dutch ovens. Jack is a survivalist (not quite to the level of "insane" yet but working on it) and likes to have "no electricity" meals so we can be prepared for the impending zombie invasion (good grief!).

I've done several kinds of chicken, pot roast, and cobblers so far and all have been really good. I never knew how expensive the ovens are so now I try to look for good ones at yard sales and such. We have a super huge one, another large one and a baby one that is good for dessert cooking. I'm on the lookout for a medium one right now!

hachiebutch - That sounds like a LOT of fun and it isn't too far from us. Maybe one of these days we'll check it out! I've been threatening to bring the guitar and sing some old Indigo Girls so this would be a good place to stretch the chords!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #42
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We are off to Santee Lakes this coming Friday night.

We used to tent camp, but I am old and creaky and I need a bed in order to move the next day. We have a 26ft Craftsmen RV that sleeps 6 easily and is lovely when bad weather hits; and when the bugs are swarming we can cook and still retain some sanity.

I love to camp and fish, and Kasey always manages to get her Kayak out on a lake or river when the weather is good. We would love to camp with people from this area sometime! PM me....
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #43
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
TY for the link Jelli! We love to cook with our dutch ovens. Jack is a survivalist (not quite to the level of "insane" yet but working on it) and likes to have "no electricity" meals so we can be prepared for the impending zombie invasion (good grief!).

I've done several kinds of chicken, pot roast, and cobblers so far and all have been really good. I never knew how expensive the ovens are so now I try to look for good ones at yard sales and such. We have a super huge one, another large one and a baby one that is good for dessert cooking. I'm on the lookout for a medium one right now!
Cruel is a survivalist/minimalist. I think I about gave her a stroke the first time she ever took me camping. I had everything, but the kitchen sink. That's almost not an exaggeration. lol

Now several years later, I can pack more towards her style except food. she's not allowed to mess with my food and I will not take so much other stuff. She also bought me kitchen sinks. LOL

http://www.cabelas.com/backcountry-e...e-001b2166c2c0

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #44
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Ok, I'm kinda salivating over that! Is it collapsable?

We always bring at least one container for water so we can rinse dishes, cook, wash our hands etc. I've usually carried a big plastic bin like people bus tables with at restaurants but it's heavy and bulky.

Had some interesting experiences with these:

At one time, we had 5 of these and all 5 of them got dry-rot and splintered to pieces when we would pick them up. One of them had been full of water in the garage and I went to pick it up and the entire handle came off and the jug exploded! I don't know if they got left in the sun or what but it was a MESS.

We now have several of these:

The plastic seems to be thicker and we've had good luck so far.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #45
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ok, I'm kinda salivating over that! Is it collapsable?

We always bring at least one container for water so we can rinse dishes, cook, wash our hands etc. I've usually carried a big plastic bin like people bus tables with at restaurants but it's heavy and bulky.

Had some interesting experiences with these:

At one time, we had 5 of these and all 5 of them got dry-rot and splintered to pieces when we would pick them up. One of them had been full of water in the garage and I went to pick it up and the entire handle came off and the jug exploded! I don't know if they got left in the sun or what but it was a MESS.

We now have several of these:

The plastic seems to be thicker and we've had good luck so far.
Totally collapsible and ends up in its own case that's round, about an inch and half to two inches tall, and about 4 inches wide.

We bought one of these water containers and it works great for us. These collapse as well.

http://www.benmeadows.com/images/xl/..._bmw240535.jpg

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
Old 08-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #46
Daktari

I use the collapsible water storage too.

Another camper here who sadly hasn't been out this year.

I prefer 'glamping' so that I/we can have the big fat blow up mattress. Have to have decent seating too. Sadly Un-Mrs.I has custody of the big tent nowadays whilst I have my Robens super-duper 2man.

I have been know to rough camp but my old bones aren't too keen on that anymore.

This is one of my favourite places to go camping/flying

Brock Bottom on the estate of Lord Brock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #47
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Incubus - That meadow is GORGEOUS!

It had been a long time since I tent-camped but I knew we had to have an air mattress because my big ass isn't sleeping on the ground.

Planned for our next camping trip (hopefully the first of September since it's a bazillion degrees here and the low temperature at night is 90!):

12-person tent
air-mattress
our camping chairs
lanterns
our "living room" screen that goes around the picnic table
my outdoor rug
various tarps, ropes, etc.
ice chest with yummy camping food
water container, dishes, etc.
fishing equipment

I want to try some new recipes when we go but Jackhammer has demanded that I make the teriyaki shish-k-bobs again and I'm sure we'll have the "Cowboy Breakfast" again! Tummy is already growling!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #48
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default Cumberland Island

Cruel has specific tents to use depending on where and who is going camping/hiking.

She went on a trip with some friends to Cumberland Island and had a great time. What a beautiful place. Historical with wild horses. She went back another time, met some guys on the ferry, they took her in like one of the guys, and they camped/hiked together that wknd. She is still in touch with them.

Be sure to check out the photos!!!

http://www.cumberlandisland.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #49
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Talking

I don't sleep on the ground either - big ass or no big ass.

Cruel bought me a Therm-A-Rest mattress. they come in a wide variety of sizes. I sleep like a baby now.

http://cascadedesigns.com/Therm-A-Rest

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #50
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

for us the camping is really a family tradition now we go for Desd's Bithday and for mine now the kiddo wants to go for hers to ( to bad my and the kiddo have B-Days in Jan and Dec) we got a bigger tent now it sleeps 8 and is good for the three of us lol everyone has space and when we went last putting it up in the rain was I am sure funny to watch.. just found a new place that is closer that we want to camp in when I am healed enough to dang it ( I want to go now) Green lakes state park we had gone there for a wedding and it was amazing there are two lakes and a trail that goes around both I just can not wait..
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #51
Daktari

It is a beautiful setting when the bluebells are like a carpet Medusa. Sadly due to it's popularity with numpties who left the fire pits full of detritus there were No Camping signs posted some years ago. Once in a while we've been known to sneak up there for an over-night though.

A 12 person tent for 2 of you? Bloody nora! Now't like being over-accommodated

I would love to try camping with just a decent hammock.

Fantastic pictures of Cumberland Island jelli

Thermarests don't go thick enough for me...my old bones want real luxury.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #52
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
It is a beautiful setting when the bluebells are like a carpet Medusa. Sadly due to it's popularity with numpties who left the fire pits full of detritus there were No Camping signs posted some years ago. Once in a while we've been known to sneak up there for an over-night though.

I would love to try camping with just a decent hammock.

Fantastic pictures of Cumberland Island jelli

Thermarests don't go thick enough for me...my old bones want real luxury.
Love the idea of a hammock. We've looked at these...

http://www.mastgeneralstore.com/cate...-site-hammocks

Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #53
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

I use to love to camp. Back in the day, me and all my friends would go for long holiday weekends and would have a blast.

My fondest memory is the rain we had "unexpectedly" had. As you know, sometimes the weather people are way off. In any case, I was in my tent and was sleeping on one of those air mattress raft things. When I opened my eyes I was surrounded in water I remember laughing my ass off and had a vision of me floating down the road on this raft. We still laugh about that all these years later.

Another memory is when we went to set up camp. We got there late at night and the mosquitoes were out of control. After setting a few tents up it started to rain like mad. We decided to take the tents down and head back home. When we got to the office to get our money back, one of my friends had bites all over including her face and forehead. We never laughed so hard. Not to sound heartless but you had to be there. We were dying and so was she. She went in looking one way and ended up coming out looking like some bumpy creature. Hilarious at the time...

I wouldn't mind going camping now, but I HATE mosquitoes and I actually get a reaction to their bites. One ends up turning into two or three. They have a field day with me and I get eaten alive. I usually have to bathe in deet and be surrounded by citronella candles, the Off clips, etc from head to toe, but that still doesn't keep them away.

Just a trip down camping memory lane!
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #54
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post

:

That was my doing (of course). I kept thinking that getting dressed and maneuvering would be easier with more room.
When I brought that home, Jackhammer immediately asked who else we were inviting. She then ribbed me for an HOUR about how much crap I brought with us. (WE NEEDED ALL THAT STUFF!!)

I then looked over at her pile of fishing stuff which included NINE fishing poles and 2 huge duffel bags.
LOL!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #55
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Incubus - That meadow is GORGEOUS!

It had been a long time since I tent-camped but I knew we had to have an air mattress because my big ass isn't sleeping on the ground.

Planned for our next camping trip (hopefully the first of September since it's a bazillion degrees here and the low temperature at night is 90!):

12-person tent
air-mattress
our camping chairs
lanterns
our "living room" screen that goes around the picnic table
my outdoor rug
various tarps, ropes, etc.
ice chest with yummy camping food
water container, dishes, etc.
fishing equipment

I want to try some new recipes when we go but Jackhammer has demanded that I make the teriyaki shish-k-bobs again and I'm sure we'll have the "Cowboy Breakfast" again! Tummy is already growling!
Your camp list looks a hella lot like mine...LOL

My Coleman camp stove is a must for me, as well.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #56
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
Love the idea of a hammock. We've looked at these...

http://www.mastgeneralstore.com/cate...-site-hammocks

This is the one I keep talking myself out of

http://hennessyhammock.com/

Quote:

That was my doing (of course). I kept thinking that getting dressed and maneuvering would be easier with more room.
When I brought that home, Jackhammer immediately asked who else we were inviting. She then ribbed me for an HOUR about how much crap I brought with us. (WE NEEDED ALL THAT STUFF!!)

I then looked over at her pile of fishing stuff which included NINE fishing poles and 2 huge duffel bags.
LOL!

Jeepers! You could house an army in something that size (Or host the Reunion!). I'd pay to see the two of you putting up a tent that big

Nine fishing rods? And Jack uses every one of them? Are they disposable? Do Bic make fishing rods?

Dixielady, I couldn't live without my Coleman petrol stove and twin mantle lamp either.
The first camping trip I used my new and rather expensive Coleman lamp - running on unleaded petrol, my mate Pie-face managed to knock it off it's branch into the camp fire...cue one Pie-face with her hand in the river half the night after removing said petrol fuelled lamp from the fire before it blew up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #57
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

OOOOOOooooooooOooooooohhhh I like that hammock!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #58
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

i LOVE camping!! in fact, an old friend just gave me a HUGE 9 person tent with all sorts of rooms and even a dog area. the girls and i cannot wait to try it out!!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #59
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I have a 1971 Starcraft pop-up that I bought for $1000 about 7 years ago. It had only been used 8 times prior to me buying it. Canvas was brand new! It is my tent on wheels, as I never use the electrical or water hookups.

We are heading down to Noel, Missouri the weekend after Labor Day if everything pans out schedule-wise and finance wise. I have not been on a river in over 2 years and I am so ready to relax and enjoy the clear, spring fed river down close to the Arkansas border.

I have all kinds of gadgets in the camper and have built shelves and a dishwashing area to make things quick and easy after meals. Next summer, I am going to have plenty of time to camp, as school has really gotten in the way these last 2 summers.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #60
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE CAMPING. However in the recent breakup I took no camping gear because I moved into a much smaller place.

But I do teach a shamanic wilderness retreat for going on 11 years now. It is rough camping - read as only an outhouse!! This year it is Aug 18 - 22.

So, these days I camp light - 1 stove; two pots; two of the rest; a tent; sleeping bag and a cot- I am not sleeping on any ground ever again... my aging hips are like...ahhh are you kidding us?? Oh and a small cooler. Everything I need fits into the back of my hatchback Focus. Eating mostly raw food gives me an advantage I don't have to worry about meat spoiling!! yeah me!! I need the stove for my coffee extravaganza... I mean people wanna live right??

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote