Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Geocaching anyone?

Ive been geocaching since about 2008. It's a really fun thing to do, especially if you like outdoorsy things, history, and arcane knowledge in general If you want to learn more go to www.geocaching.com
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Two thumbs up for Geocaching!!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Baby

I cant wait to really get into this. I love being with you and the places we have been to find the few we have found i like. To me just going to the places with you is worth more then anything else.

I have a few places I want to take you but I dont know if there is a cache there or not but I think you will enjoy the places
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Justin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Sir
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Justin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST ReputationJustin Has the BEST Reputation

This is so much fun I can't wait to introduce my love to this !!!! What a blast we would have lol!!!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
This is so much fun I can't wait to introduce my love to this !!!! What a blast we would have lol!!!
Justin, it is SO much fun! It has it's own community also and "events" which are like get togethers and caching en masse. I would suggest reading the geocaching glossary for terminology....and start getting some "swag" (small fun trade items) to put in the larger caches so you can do exchanges. Travel bugs are my personal favorite I hope your other half enjoys it too! I lrike to tell new people its like hiking with a purpose...or an adult scavenger hunt I can be found under several names on the site. Libbywood and mntlvers being 2 of them. I have to be reminded by Teddy what name we chose for our caching... lol
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
Justin, it is SO much fun! It has it's own community also and "events" which are like get togethers and caching en masse. I would suggest reading the geocaching glossary for terminology....and start getting some "swag" (small fun trade items) to put in the larger caches so you can do exchanges. Travel bugs are my personal favorite I hope your other half enjoys it too! I lrike to tell new people its like hiking with a purpose...or an adult scavenger hunt I can be found under several names on the site. Libbywood and mntlvers being 2 of them. I have to be reminded by Teddy what name we chose for our caching... lol
I think its finallyfoundit
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
Beachcomber

How Do You Identify?:
-

Beachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone here I the PNW geocache?
Beachcomber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beachcomber For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #8
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Beachcomber, I've always been interested in trying geocaching but I've never gotten around to it.

I *think* there may be a local geocaching meetup group.

Either way, want to get a group together and try it?

PS - I just went to that website and found a free app for that.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #9
Beachcomber

How Do You Identify?:
-

Beachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaisninja View Post
Hi Beachcomber, I've always been interested in trying geocaching but I've never gotten around to it.

I *think* there may be a local geocaching meetup group.

Either way, want to get a group together and try it?

PS - I just went to that website and found a free app for that.
A group is exactly what I would like to do. Anyone interested Please PM me for location and details. Lets see if we can find a group and have some fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to Beachcomber For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #10
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
A group is exactly what I would like to do. Anyone interested Please PM me for location and details. Lets see if we can find a group and have some fun!
its not the easiest thing to find...but...there is an events calendar on the geocaching site. This can lead you to geocaching events...and meetups with area cachers. You can search by state and by month...its worth a look I love the geocaching community..
Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #11
Beachcomber

How Do You Identify?:
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
its not the easiest thing to find...but...there is an events calendar on the geocaching site. This can lead you to geocaching events...and meetups with area cachers. You can search by state and by month...its worth a look I love the geocaching community..
Thanks I will check that out! Too bad you are on the other coast or you could join us!
The Following User Says Thank You to Beachcomber For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

This is a prime example of why I love geocaching:

I have moved several times in the last few months...each time in a new place is an adjustment. I need to learn my way around etc...

I Have always found that geocaching gives me a more purposeful meandering...so...

I finally perused the local caches and...there was a witch trial in my new town WAYYYYY back in the history of the town. (they are not specific about when) but there is a cache at the site of the trial....sigh... I do love history!

Old 11-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #13
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
This is a prime example of why I love geocaching:

I have moved several times in the last few months...each time in a new place is an adjustment. I need to learn my way around etc...

I Have always found that geocaching gives me a more purposeful meandering...so...

I finally perused the local caches and...there was a witch trial in my new town WAYYYYY back in the history of the town. (they are not specific about when) but there is a cache at the site of the trial....sigh... I do love history!

One of my exes tried to get me to go geocaching with her and stupidly, I never did. I'd love to do it now but I will never tell her that lol.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #14
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

I thought about trying geocaching several years ago, but never did. Someone was always worrying about me traipsing around in the woods by myself. LOL

Hmmm, something to think about.
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #15
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoy geocaching and it has been quite some time since I got out and participated in it but I am thinking it will be something fun to do with my nephew.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #16
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

So...

I've taken up caching once again. I really missed it! I went and bought all kinds of Halloween swag for the caches I find.

Today I got 3 out of 5. Not bad.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #17
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

I keep saying that I am going to try this, but have yet to do so. It sounds fun!
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #18
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I was just telling bright_arrow the other day that I want to get back out and start geocaching again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #19
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, we do. Great fun. We go through idle periods, then we'll get the itch.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #20
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

We are the same way, we go through idle periods but always end up jumping back into it eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
Yep, we do. Great fun. We go through idle periods, then we'll get the itch.