Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #21
Daktari

Most of my mates have no interest whatsoever in the wedding. I'm not a Royalist but neither am I a Republican (President Thatcher! 'nuff said) so it doesn't hold any interest for me apart from there being a shared national experience.

Ms.Pie-face and Ms.OrangeCounty will be having a Royal Wedding soiree with mini cucumber sandwiches and Pimms....I shall take champagne and bypass the dreadful Pimms but I shan't watch the wedding on tv.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #22
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

If I were still living in London I would likely be heading to Amsterdam to escape the melee...

BUT since I'm not, I am eagerly anticipating 'The Dress' AND the best exhibit of millinery art in the world. (I am *all about* the hats).

I've also scored major Mother-Points by inviting her over for mimosas and breakfast at crazy-'o'-clock. She and I watched two Royal Weddings together when I was a child.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #23
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

You bet I'll be watching.

His real mom won't be there so the least I can do as a mom is tune in on her behalf and wish them all the love and happiness in the world.

Yeah, I'm a big ol' softy after all.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #24
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

We are on vacation so there is no way we will be waking up for this...

I have no interest and luckily my bride doesn't either... (my Mom is waking up though with her book club and having tea and crumpets). I just think of all the resources being spent on this wedding and I look around this planet and see all the suffering going on at this very moment.... and I have to wonder... really really wonder. I know it's a fairy tale (at least that's what my Mom says... with a little giggle... and that's a little cute) so I wish the what seems to be a very happy couple well....

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
I think the brits should get out of Northern Ireland and I support Sinn Fein so no I will not be watching at all

That's a provocative post and nothing to do with the Royal Wedding.

As someone with three bullets still in me due to a (failed) Sinn Fein / IRA murder attempt in 1993, I am rather sensitive on the topic. Add to that my Protestant friends murdered by the IRA through the 1970s and 1980s and you'll hopefully understand some of it?

and what is it? well, it's never sleeping at night, it's reading too much, and yet too little, into every situation. It's about understanding too much and too little at the same time.

An explicit request for the Brits (ie me) to get out of Northern Ireland, a place you've likely never been to? No chance. You are a coward.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #26
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation

I have no interest in the British monarchy what so ever! So I'm not going to get up in the middle of the night to watch a wedding....

That said, I wish them the best like I would wish to anyone getting married!
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Softhearted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I will be watching too and want to see the dresses and the shoes, my g/f could care less!!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #28
Ms Witness

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Single

Ms Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST ReputationMs Witness Has the BEST Reputation

My employer will have the tv tuned to it in the break room, and it would be hell to pay to change it on her lol so I imagine I will see something of it unless I opt to go out for lunch. Maybe I'll make and watch the festivities for an hour.
Ms Witness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Witness For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #29
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
That's a provocative post and nothing to do with the Royal Wedding.

As someone with three bullets still in me due to a (failed) Sinn Fein / IRA murder attempt in 1993, I am rather sensitive on the topic. Add to that my Protestant friends murdered by the IRA through the 1970s and 1980s and you'll hopefully understand some of it?

and what is it? well, it's never sleeping at night, it's reading too much, and yet too little, into every situation. It's about understanding too much and too little at the same time.

An explicit request for the Brits (ie me) to get out of Northern Ireland, a place you've likely never been to? No chance. You are a coward.
I am surley not a coward for thinking and believing that the British have no place in Northern Ireland. I have very close friends who have had family members murdered by the British and if you want to call my statement provacative go right ahead it does not change the face that the brits should go home....Im sorry that you have bullets in you, but at least your alive I have friends who have family who are not alive.....I for one am glad that I do not have to suffer under foreign rule in my homeland...and someday the people of Northern Ireland wont have to either....
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #30
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am surley not a coward for thinking and believing that the British have no place in Northern Ireland. I have very close friends who have had family members murdered by the British and if you want to call my statement provacative go right ahead it does not change the face that the brits should go home....Im sorry that you have bullets in you, but at least your alive I have friends who have family who are not alive.....I for one am glad that I do not have to suffer under foreign rule in my homeland...and someday the people of Northern Ireland wont have to either....
I also think you're being provocative.

Besides, I'm curious, regarding this homeland you speak of...I'm taking it that you're NOT a member of the indigenous (i.e., Native American) popualation of the United States, correct?

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #31
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Default in honor of the royal wedding

A local public library is holding a tea party for small children where

Tea and crumpets will be served.

That is about the cutest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #32
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Both my bf and my closest friend have stopped talking to me as I want to watch the wedding
Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #33
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Not interested in the wedding--Only the people that are eager to watch--Those I find fascinating.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #34
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I will watch it and I wish them the best. I am touched by William's ways of including his mother in his marriage.

I don't have any feelings one way or another about the royal family but have followed it through the years. Maybe that is because I was put in front of an old B & W TV at the age of 4 to watch the Coronation of his Grandmother. And yes, Diana dazzled me.

I always hope for happiness when people commit to each other in whatever manner they hold as important. With this couple, I see the possibility of an actual union of love based upon their own choosing of one another. Not usually the stuff of royal unions.

Yup, will watch the wedding and be happy for two people in love.
I'm not planning on watching....but I did watch the Charles & Diana wedding as a freshman in college with a group of friends. Diana was our age, and we were pretty taken with the whole thing.

The irony was watching what happened to her in the aftermath....and feeling like she was so ill prepared for what she was getting into.

Her death happened when I was home on maternity leave with my son....so I watched a lot of that media coverage too. (How could I not...it was on every channel).

I'm with you AtLast....my hope is that these two have chosen each other, been together and even lived together for a significant amount of time....and that Kate is prepared for what she's walking into far more than Diana was.

I wish them both well.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #35
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I think seeing the dress will be fun, and also the hats. I look dreadful in them, but have a fascination for the wee bits of fluff perched upon their heads.
I am just a hat person- love them. Wish the US fashionistas would promote them more. Don't care if they are for males or females.... they rawk! I miss hat boxes and

Hats are like hair styles/cuts- there are those that look great on all of us... bet there is more than one that would look great on you and everyone else!

The Brits know hats and I love them for this. Philip Treacy's hats are awesome milliner creations. Can't wait to see his hats Friday!!

Also.... I have a deep affection for the historical significance of the working class relationship with hat making that began to cover and protect from the elements. not just fashion statements- hats have utilitarian value.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #36
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not into it.

I say, take the money for this wedding and divide it out amongst the hungry.
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TickledPink For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #37
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink View Post
I'm not into it.

The flip side of this argument is that the royal family essentially sits on tremendous amounts of money. With this wedding, they'll be spending millions on food, flowers, clothes and more....and all of that generates jobs. Yes, the taxpayers there will pick up the bill for the security...but those are jobs too.

Not saying it's right, but I don't see the royal family just outright donating those millions....but if they spend them, generating work and jobs....that creates a positive ripple effect economically that will benefit an awful lot of people.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #38
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink View Post
I'm not into it.

Let them eat cake!

(let me be...England, France, same thing).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #39
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I for one am glad that I do not have to suffer under foreign rule in my homeland...and someday the people of Northern Ireland wont have to either....
I'm a foreigner in your book. I'm going nowhere.

Keep living your fantasies. The rest of us, the real people of Northern Ireland, not the people you read about in textbooks .... we, whether Protestant, Catholic or Dissenter, continue to get on with the most important thing which is living and working together in a Northern Ireland for all of us.

Yesterday, our main city of Belfast basked in glorious sunshine and during the day I caught up with friends of all religious backgrounds and political opinions, and none, on one of my (unfortunately not as frequent as I would like) visits back home.

I don't give a **** about the Royal Wedding ... the Royal family don't represent anything of me. However, I'm strongly Northern Irish - it's at the core of who I am and more important, for me, than any form of gender identity or personal identity.

Any challenge to that and I'll come down on it massively - your posts don't represent a challenge as they are the sort of stuff an idiotic 13 year old boy with a box of kleenex tissues would write but they are provocative so I respond.

Bit of advice - if you want to post something about Northern Ireland again, better than you understand at least a small bit of what you write about. We are a complex people and we don't suffer idiots gladly.

Ciaran
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #40
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Happygirl told me that Youtube is streaming it (Thanks, Happygirl!). And i found after looking that CNN and E! are as well.

i saw some pics on this site, and they made me happy for the couple. i really do think Diana made a difference. The sons really seem to be able to talk to people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...vent-year.html
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: