apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

wow Bit, Scottsdale ain't so bad--and we can see the lovely phoenix from our front door. <--- look baybee, there's a tiger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Ye GADS, Tart, I would have come undone! Trapped in Hel---err, I mean, Phoenix of course--with NO DEODORANT?

I believe the airline owes you Hazardous Duty Pay for that.

I personally cannot think of a more awful-and-pity-inspiring place than Phoenix, so I like the name of this thread.

EVER so sincerely,
Escapee
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #22
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaPartyTart View Post
I somehow managed to not make a bit deal of my lack of deordant.
*starts laughing* OHHH yep, when there is a lack of deodorant in Hell, Bit makes a deal of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
wow Bit, Scottsdale ain't so bad--and we can see the lovely phoenix from our front door. <--- look baybee, there's a tiger!
Scottsdale IS so bad, darlin, but maybe you're immune. I've noticed that lots of people seem to hate the places they grew up, and when they move, they tend to love the new places... even as the people who grew up in those new places hate them, and can't wait to get out themselves.

I think if one had to live anywhere in the Valley, near the zoo would be best, or maybe in the Mountain Preserve. But really, the worst air in the country, and afternoon temps that hang at 120 degrees for a month or more, night time temps that hang at 90 or more for several months a year? There's nothing good about that.

The city I grew up in had the cleanest, clearest air in the country (100 mile visibility in every direction) and night time temps dropped to the sixties every night all summer long. Fall came right on schedule at the end of September and everyone had to wear coats by the beginning of November, sometimes by Halloween night. 80 degree temps did not show up until the end of April. Metro Phoenix isn't like this anymore. Give me a place with clean air and seasons which do not contain the word "Hell" even by implication, please...
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #23
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
*starts laughing* OHHH yep, when there is a lack of deodorant in Hell, Bit makes a deal of it.

Scottsdale IS so bad, darlin, but maybe you're immune. I've noticed that lots of people seem to hate the places they grew up, and when they move, they tend to love the new places... even as the people who grew up in those new places hate them, and can't wait to get out themselves.

I think if one had to live anywhere in the Valley, near the zoo would be best, or maybe in the Mountain Preserve. But really, the worst air in the country, and afternoon temps that hang at 120 degrees for a month or more, night time temps that hang at 90 or more for several months a year? There's nothing good about that.

The city I grew up in had the cleanest, clearest air in the country (100 mile visibility in every direction) and night time temps dropped to the sixties every night all summer long. Fall came right on schedule at the end of September and everyone had to wear coats by the beginning of November, sometimes by Halloween night. 80 degree temps did not show up until the end of April. Metro Phoenix isn't like this anymore. Give me a place with clean air and seasons which do not contain the word "Hell" even by implication, please...
Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
Wow pretty, I guess we have to move. We just got told.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #24
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
<shnip>
I'm also very touched that I have a subscriber! I should have put more thought into naming the thread. I feel I have 'coded myself into a corner' by labeling it Phoenix. Personal Pity Party-A Travel Woes Memoir might serve as a better title. If only I planned on a following as big as Oprah's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
If you are naming it, I suggest Travels With A Tart.
I understand it IS possible to change thread titles (or at least, have seen it done once).

If you do manage to wrangle the edit, I vote for Arwen's suggestion. In fact, maybe you could make her your manager and she could talk to the admin for you.

Sometimes I'm amazed at my own helpfulness.

*subscribes*

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #25
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Wow pretty, I guess we have to move. We just got told.
Eh. People often hate the places they grow up in. You got told why I hate Phoenix, nothing more. Like I said, maybe you're immune to the things that bother me. An awful lot of people are! *shrugs*
Old 11-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

You know TPT, the big question is, did you remember to use your deodorant after you showered at home
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Scottsdale IS so bad, darlin, but maybe you're immune.
i'll always be a california girl at heart, but there's some wonderful things about arizona, specifically scottsdale (we just got our first Barney's)!

i'm curious, i'm immune to what? and scottsdale in comparison to where/with what? i'm fairly finicky when it comes to amenities--where were you living when you were here, and where did you move to??

apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #28
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Default End of derail...

I lived all over the Valley, apretty, from Mesa and Tempe to Avondale, Maryvale to north Phoenix, central Phoenix and Sunnyslope for more than forty years. I had/have family living everywhere from Peoria to Chandler to Scottsdale to Red Mountain Ranch, and of course all over Phoenix itself.

I live in Wichita, Kansas now.

You would be "immune" to the things which bothered me, the things I mentioned in my previous posts.

I really never meant to cause such a derail in TPT's thread, so if you want to talk more about it, let's PM, k?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #29
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Monday. I'm still home and hoping to not have to hop a plane for at least a week!

I want to formally apologize to my subscribers and readers, alike for the rash of typos (BIT:-) in my last post. I should know better than to drink and post. I was just so damn happy to home and have deordorant applied I wanted to share it with you, my fans.

As far as renaming the thread. I leave that task up to all of you, if you're game. Perhaps start your own thread. I mean if Prince can change his name to a symbol, you snarky folks should be able to strong arm these wimpy admins into changing the name if this puny little thread. *snicker*
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #30
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Quote:
I want to formally apologize to my subscribers and readers, alike for the rash of typos (BIT:-) in my last post.
Complaining about Phoenix IS a "bit deal" been doing it all my adult life. I don't often say anything about typos but that one was just so.. well.. apropos! It was perfect.

Welcome home to you!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #31
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Happy Monday. I'm still home and hoping to not have to hop a plane for at least a week!

I want to formally apologize to my subscribers and readers, alike for the rash of typos (BIT:-) in my last post.
I should know better than to drink and post. I was just so damn happy to home and have deordorant applied I wanted to share it with you, my fans.
So what's your excuse for this one?

:snicker:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Old 11-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #32
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
So what's your excuse for this one?

:snicker:
THAT one was to personally irritate you. How did I do?
The Following User Says Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #33
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Like heat rash.

- H. L. Mencken
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #34
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

Just tried out the Thanks feature. Useful for a weary traveler? Verdict is still out

I'm headed to Charlotte next week. What travel woes will it bring?
Old 11-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #35
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Just tried out the Thanks feature. Useful for a weary traveler? Verdict is still out

I'm headed to Charlotte next week. What travel woes will it bring?
You will have to contend with obnoxious people wearing powder blue and calling it "teal."

Idiots, the lot of them.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #36
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You have been thanked for personally irritating him.

:kiss:
Old 11-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #37
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

I should pull out all of my teal! I want to blend with the locals.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #38
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post
You have been thanked for personally irritating him.

:kiss:
Where's the "Thanks for nothin!" button?

- H. L. Mencken
Old 11-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #39
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
Where's the "Thanks for nothin!" button?
Any requests for features should be forwarded to the Administration of the site. I think it's great you have such great ideas for continuous improvement *snicker*.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #40
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Any requests for features should be forwarded to the Administration of the site. I think it's great you have such great ideas for continuous improvement *snicker*.
Look you.

I know people in Charlotte! I can arrange something BAD to happen to your deordant.

Ok, well really, I know people who drive through Charlotte.

I may have even driven through once, myself. No, wait. Nope, I haven't been to Charlotte.

Anyway. Don't lose your luggage.

- H. L. Mencken