Notices

Old 02-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #6721
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling great! After being home sick for a week, today I'm back at work and it's amazing. I missed all my co-workers and patients and they missed me.

Feeling appreciated...

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #6722
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling

Got a surprise visit from the family. The little one charged at me down the hall calling to me. She says she misses me every day. We had a fabulous visit and I got lots of needed hugs and I love you. So, I am a happy camper. They brought me some fresh fish from their shopping and I will have that tomorrow. Turned out to be a fine day after all.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2021, 05:24 PM   #6723
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I have been feeling like I am on a roller coaster ride lately... but today its... motivated. I am actually doing some of the things on my to-do list!
Old 02-13-2021, 05:27 PM   #6724
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Good and apprehensive.

I’m in Michigan and it’s as cold and as beautiful as I remember. It was snowing when I arrived yesterday and I dreaded it as soon as I saw it. But after riding through neighborhoods for just few minutes I was reminded of just how beautiful the snow could be.

The sale transitioned smoothly and the movers were just great. They took care in wrapping/protecting my furniture and even vacuumed my area rugs before loading them (which I had planned on doing but they got to it first—I asked them to pack the vacuum cleaner last.) I couldn’t have asked for a better moving team.

Am apprehensive on seeing the condo next week, meeting contractors for renovations, and probably being my own project manager for any changes made. This is the 2nd part of the transition. Thank goodness it’s a three-day weekend and I can chill like a villain before the fun starts again. Also apprehensive about the my shit being in storage. They have to unwrap what the movers wrapped and then re-wrap it. Some of my things might be jacked, but I’m doing the best I can.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 09:52 AM   #6725
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Good and apprehensive.

I’m in Michigan and it’s as cold and as beautiful as I remember. It was snowing when I arrived yesterday and I dreaded it as soon as I saw it. But after riding through neighborhoods for just few minutes I was reminded of just how beautiful the snow could be.

The sale transitioned smoothly and the movers were just great. They took care in wrapping/protecting my furniture and even vacuumed my area rugs before loading them (which I had planned on doing but they got to it first—I asked them to pack the vacuum cleaner last.) I couldn’t have asked for a better moving team.

Congrats woman, glad to hear you've arrived safe & sound...
Am apprehensive on seeing the condo next week, meeting contractors for renovations, and probably being my own project manager for any changes made. This is the 2nd part of the transition. Thank goodness it’s a three-day weekend and I can chill like a villain before the fun starts again. Also apprehensive about the my shit being in storage. They have to unwrap what the movers wrapped and then re-wrap it. Some of my things might be jacked, but I’m doing the best I can.
Congrats woman! Glad to hear you arrived safe & sound!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 10:58 AM   #6726
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~~
cranky!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 05:13 PM   #6727
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Breeze...drifting on by and you know how I feel.... what a beautiful day!
Old 02-15-2021, 05:17 PM   #6728
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Feeling

Feeling rather happy as there has been tons of snow falling up north and down south of here but have gotten none that has stayed even though it is freezing cold. Cold and sunny is a lot better than snow for driving.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #6729
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Better. Yesterday I fell in the snow in front of the condo. I didn’t try to break the fall, sorta rode with it, and ended up bruising my hip. It’s still tender, but could be worse.

Thankfully, most days I won’t have to walk in the snow as I did yesterday.

I need to get some winter boots and a cute parka or winter coat. I’ll get around to it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2021, 07:30 PM   #6730
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Better. Yesterday I fell in the snow in front of the condo. I didn’t try to break the fall, sorta rode with it, and ended up bruising my hip. It’s still tender, but could be worse.
OMG, Orema, be careful! Glad you're okay!

Quote:
I need to get some winter boots and a cute parka . . .
Is there such a thing as a "cute parka"?

How about some Yaktrax? Although there are some really cute winter boots out there. (I really like the Moon Boot Monaco Low WP 2 Snow Boots.)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 02:18 PM   #6731
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
OMG, Orema, be careful! Glad you're okay!

Is there such a thing as a "cute parka"?

How about some Yaktrax? Although there are some really cute winter boots out there. (I really like the Moon Boot Monaco Low WP 2 Snow Boots.)

Thank you for thinking of me and providing these links!! You are the best, GeorgiaMa’am

I am hoping for a cute parka, maybe in a soft pink. I’ll find something but it may not be till the season is over. I’m wearing a nice and thick jacket that I can layer with sweaters underneath.

I think I’d rather fall than wear the Yaktrax, but I may buy some ice cleats for added protection.

Am digging the boots at the other link you included: so many are cute and I love the faux fur. Thanks again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 08:06 PM   #6732
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I need to get some winter boots and a cute parka or winter coat. I’ll get around to it.

OH MY GOSH, yes do be careful and especially where you fall! Gosh forbid you fall into one of those Michigan huge snowbanks! You maybe not be fished out until spring...
Old 02-19-2021, 08:29 PM   #6733
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

May I suggest something a bit longer, like this, with a hood? It'll keep your upper legs warmer and the hoods prevents heat escaping through your head!
Old 02-19-2021, 09:09 PM   #6734
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Optimistic and hopeful
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 03:24 PM   #6735
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

I feel extremely fortunate to have the people in my world that I do. I need to start telling them that a lot more.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 09:15 PM   #6736
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling like I'm continually getting better all the time. It has been a long, hard road, but I am getting more endurance as time goes by. For instance, I haven't been able to change the sheets on my bed for a long time - probably since last February, or longer. Friends have helped me change them, and sometimes I would try to help; but I would have to take a break between every piece of linen. Put on half the mattress pad - lie down on the bed for a minute. Put on half the fitted sheet - lie down on the bed for a minute. Put on half the flat sheet . . . you see how this went. Most people just said they would do it all themselves. But tonight a friend was helping me change the sheets, and I didn't have to take any breaks at all! and I wasn't out of breath! And I didn't collapse when it was over!

I'm also feeling some apprehension. My chemo was finally rescheduled after my bout with Covid, and I begin on Monday. I'm having a port placed this Thursday. Truth to tell, I'm freaking out a little bit. I haven't cut my hair yet - I'm not sure when to cut it. Will my hair all fall out after the first treatment? Or will it take two or more treatments for it to fall out? I have no idea. I have some good web resources to read about the whole process, but I haven't been able to make myself read them yet, because I start to get agitated and nervous. I guess I will be reading that this weekend. Wish me luck, please!

- Prince
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 04:49 AM   #6737
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I'm feeling like I'm continually getting better all the time. It has been a long, hard road, but I am getting more endurance as time goes by. For instance, I haven't been able to change the sheets on my bed for a long time - probably since last February, or longer. Friends have helped me change them, and sometimes I would try to help; but I would have to take a break between every piece of linen. Put on half the mattress pad - lie down on the bed for a minute. Put on half the fitted sheet - lie down on the bed for a minute. Put on half the flat sheet . . . you see how this went. Most people just said they would do it all themselves. But tonight a friend was helping me change the sheets, and I didn't have to take any breaks at all! and I wasn't out of breath! And I didn't collapse when it was over!

I'm also feeling some apprehension. My chemo was finally rescheduled after my bout with Covid, and I begin on Monday. I'm having a port placed this Thursday. Truth to tell, I'm freaking out a little bit. I haven't cut my hair yet - I'm not sure when to cut it. Will my hair all fall out after the first treatment? Or will it take two or more treatments for it to fall out? I have no idea. I have some good web resources to read about the whole process, but I haven't been able to make myself read them yet, because I start to get agitated and nervous. I guess I will be reading that this weekend. Wish me luck, please!
Congrat’s on your progress, GM! So glad your energy, strength and endurance are improving.

Here’s hoping your weekend reading isn’t too stressful. If you’re open to it, maybe a trusted friend or relative can sit with you and discuss the possible side effects while you read up on chemo.

Am thinking of you and sending light, love, and lots of good juju your way!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:56 AM   #6738
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wonderful news on the successful increase of your endurance.

Having gone through port placement/chemo/hair loss myself, I'd be happy to talk to you about how I experienced it and some things I did to help myself through it. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat at all. Outside of that, I'm sending you loads of positivity, energy, healing, and calm.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 05:14 AM   #6739
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Pretty good. The condo is as nice as I was hoping it would be. Don’t have a basement, but a crawl space with insulation and a concrete floor. I was misled on who controls the sprinkler system on my lot but there’s not much I can do about that now. Will probably need a new HVAC unit, but won’t know till summer.

Will move in next week after the flooring is installed this weekend. Meeting the floor guy this morning to receive delivery of materials. He wants the flooring material to sit for a couple days in the condo before laying it out.

Am also meetiing the last of the contractors on the shower conversion this morning. He came by last week but didn’t bring any samples, only a measuring tape. So he was unable to leave me an estimate. I’ve decided to go with the 2nd contractor who had his act together. I will still meet this guy today if he shows up.

Have found a good “handy” person who will run a gas line to the kitchen, install the ring video door bell and some other things I need.

Think I’ll be happy in my new femme cave, but it will be awhile before it’s all done.

Am keeping the popcorn ceilings for now.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 03:11 PM   #6740
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I'm feeling pretty good! I've gotten some great advice (thanks everybody!) on chemo, and I am currently one day after the first chemo treatment, and I'm not having any symptoms except dry mouth and a slight headache that I can't shake. I know symptoms might not kick in for another 24 hours or so, but I am strictly sticking to my medication schedule and drinking lots of water.

I'm also feeling great because I got a new kitchen wall clock! I ordered it some time ago, and I have been eagerly awaiting it. It's like a school clock, except the outer rim is orange, which matches my orange kitchen chairs. They all look great in my 60s-70s vintage kitchen.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: