Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Default Christmas

We usually put up a tree. It's decorated the day after of course while watching and

Last year was the year of Hell. It was such a horrible loss of my sister, so I this year is important to try to get back into the swing of things. The hard part was coming across ornaments that she made, or had come across to add to the collection. Not one of us decorated inside or out. It just wasn't in us. We were all so heartbroken.

We didn't even cook alot. We ended up buying store made cookies, and buying a box of a ready made meal. Yep. It was bad.

I didn't volunteer. I don't think we did much of anything really. We all were so devistated.

This year I am hoping to go volunteer again. I just depends on how I am doing, and how my health is. I really enjoy feeding the homeless and the poor. The children really get to me. They make the holidays.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #22
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Well since my mom passed in 2001 I don't put up a tree or do anything. I usually watch tv or sleep all day. I stop by Boston Market the afternoon before get a roated chicken and cornbread. I buy Stove Top stuffing mac n cheese n a box and Instant Potatoes for my own Christmas dinner. Sometimes and other times its sandwiches or tv dinners.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #23
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Because of how notoriously "bad" this season usually is...we've cut down severely on celebrating much..
The only times we've allowed ourselves to go "all out" was when my nephew lived with us..
His first Christmas had me going nuts with decorating the Tree, I know I have pics I constantly took of him and the Tree...
Had a train set safely around the Tree with a decent "town"...
The second one, I learned not to leave Poinsettias within child and dogs reach[you'd be surprised what a determined child...and dog...will do for those plants]...

What we do nowadays, is cook a decently decadent traditional meal { rice with Gandules, relatives from puerto rico usually send Pasteles, Pernil, plus yumm desserts }
I'll ignore the grunts and grumbles and watch quite a variety of X-Mas {and secular } specials, I think it's almost traditional for me to hear "not this again" when I watch varieties of Christmas Carol...
They'll grudgingly sit through most..Specially Charlie Brown...

This year, despite no Tree, I put some stuff up..
Unfortunately, I wont be able to do much like the past years, but I make up for it in other ways....
I do agree with my immediate relatives in one Issue though...
The holiday's fun, has symbolism in a few religions yeah, amusing to watch and lovely with the Lights, and decorations...
But, getting together, appreciating what we have, celebrating family should be an Every day event....
Much like st. valentines..why wait for that day to be nice, romantic, or to give a gift...? do it every day or every other day...
[which is kewl now that most Holiday Specials are on dvd -grin-...christmas in july]
I also watch "Misa de Gallo" if Im not too sleepy...
And yeah, I'll worm in a few "Aguinaldos/Villansicos" for nostalgia sake...

One things for damn sure...
I look forward to showing my nephew, if he returns, how we used to celebrate...
Maybe take him to puerto rico for the season, to show how it is down there...

In the meantime, I treasure each Holiday with my family and loved ones, who knows if it's the last?....
Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #24
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post

I used to have lots of traditions, but I've set most all of them all by the wayside. I do still ship off about 20 lb of home-baked cookies and quick breads to my family.

I mostly just hope that January gets here soon.
i could send you my address if any of those happen to be chewy oatmeal. i'll send it twice if they have walnuts.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote