Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-31-2018, 07:44 PM   #81
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Ya know...that's exactly what mom used to say.... "back in the day!" Iol

I guess it's caught on ... still around... for the flavor? I'm going to have to try it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
"Back in the day" (different days, in different parts of the world), when coffee was scarce, chicory was used instead or added to coffe to stretch it out. The thinking is that it "cheats the palate".

I guess it has a certain taste and people like it.

Pretty much, it is "fake coffee".
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2018, 11:16 PM   #82
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

How did I miss this thread?!?

MMMmmmMMmmm Coffee is one of my absolute favourite things right up there with chocolate and er.. uh.. (that would be a different thread lmao)

Like Ocean mentioned above, I enjoy indulging in a variety of different coffees, top favourites being the smooth texture of Guatemalan freshly roasted coffee, (chocolate from the area often has notes of spicy peppers), bold flavours of an Italian roast, or the aroma of Columbian brew causing that deep breath reaction taking in the different fresh notes..

I also really enjoy the cold press brew as well, cream and sugar alternative for me.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:24 AM   #83
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So, is this your main, daily coffee maker?
It was!

Now I drink cold brew coffee, but drink it hot. I love the superior taste, and way less acidity.

I have the Hario, but really you don't need this. A mason jar works just fine. Try this before you make a purchase.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #84
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
Consider the NINJA. It definitely heats the water to the proper temperature. The biggest selling point for me was it blooms (pre wets) your coffee grounds. I got mine at Kohl's with a 30% off coupon (and on sale) for a little less than $80.00

This is the one I bought. (there are at least 6 different to choose from)
Welp, I finally ordered one. It was hard to figure out what if any differences I could find between the different models that demanded radically different prices.

I have no Kohl's coupons (nor did mom, I checked), and I wanted the carafe, so I got the cheapest of those (CFO87) that they had on Amazon (111.99).

It won't get here until Wednesday though (two day shipping? <eye roll>), so I will continue with pods at work and local coffee shops until then.

Thanks again for your advice. I probably wouldn't have considered it could be a quality item due to it being named Ninja and it also being advertised on television. Reviews showed otherwise, though.

Probably the biggest selling point for me is the water reservior.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #85
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Welp, I finally ordered one. It was hard to figure out what if any differences I could find between the different models that demanded radically different prices.

I have no Kohl's coupons (nor did mom, I checked), and I wanted the carafe, so I got the cheapest of those (CFO87) that they had on Amazon (111.99).

It won't get here until Wednesday though (two day shipping? <eye roll>), so I will continue with pods at work and local coffee shops until then.

Thanks again for your advice. I probably wouldn't have considered it could be a quality item due to it being named Ninja and it also being advertised on television. Reviews showed otherwise, though.

Probably the biggest selling point for me is the water reservior.
CURIOUS! How do you like your Ninja?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #86
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
CURIOUS! How do you like your Ninja?
I had my first half carafe this morning, and an evening cup just now and I am very pleased!!!!

Question though, what do I do about the hole in the top of the carafe? Am I missing something? Steam escapes. I see nothing in the box to put over the hole.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #87
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
I had my first half carafe this morning, and an evening cup just now and I am very pleased!!!!

Question though, what do I do about the hole in the top of the carafe? Am I missing something? Steam escapes. I see nothing in the box to put over the hole.
HMM,

I bought the travel mug version. That is about as much coffee as I can handle. Agreed, a hole in the top seems to defeat the whole purpose of a carafe.

Glad you're liking the coffee.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 09:35 AM   #88
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Post Cold Brew

Chocolate Cold Brew by Stok is my latest coffee favorite.

Anyone into cold brew or nitro?

Waking up this thread.