Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 07-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #21
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
What is really interesting when you see people saying these ridiculous things is that John McCain was born in Panama, when his father was on active duty in the Navy. No one questioned whether he was a legal citizen.
Actually, just to make things perfectly clear to everyone, Senate Resolution 511 was written and passed. S. Res 511:

Whereas the Constitution of the United States requires that, to be eligible for the Office of the President, a person must be a "natural born Citizen" of the United States;

Whereas the term "natural born Citizen", as that term appears in Article II, Section 1, is not defined in the Constitution of the United States;

Whereas there is no evidence of the intention of the Framers or any Congress to limit the constitutional rights of children born to Americans serving in the military nor to prevent those children from serving as their country's President;

Whereas such limitations would be inconsistent with the purpose and intent of the "natural born Citizen" clause of the Constitution of the United States, as evidenced by the First Congress's own statute defining the term "natural born Citizen";

Whereas the well-being of all citizens of the United States is preserved and enhanced by the men and women who are assigned to serve our country outside of our national borders;

Whereas previous presidential candidates were born outside of the United States of America and were understood to be eligible to be President; and

Whereas John Sidney McCain, III, was born to American citizens on an American military base in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That John Sidney McCain, III, is a "natural born Citizen" under Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution of the United States.

"...the bill was written and submitted by Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO), and co sponsored by both Democratic presidential candidates, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), and Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)."

McCain is a US Citizen because Obama says that he is....

linkyloo
Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #22
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
How do we KNOW Hawaii is a state?
The RNC had their annual conference in Hawaii, so it must be a state.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #23
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I've always heard that children born to active duty personnel serving out of the country were considered "natural born citizens". Is that not true? Or does it only count if the birth happened on a military base? Are military bases located outside the U.S. considered "U.S. soil" or does that only count for ships? (And is it even really true for ships or just something I heard on NCIS?)
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #24
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
Want to know what's really scary? I have never actually watched a full episode of his show! I tried--sweet and sour Jesus I tried--and couldn't make it past the third commercial break it was so painful.
Jesus is a gummy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
What is really interesting when you see people saying these ridiculous things is that John McCain was born in Panama, when his father was on active duty in the Navy. No one questioned whether he was a legal citizen. This birther movement is really a cover for a racist witch hunt. It goes right along with likening the Obama administration to the Nazi's, and Obama in particular, to Hitler. It is plainly ludicrous to make such a comparison.
I asked someone who was comparing President Obama to Hitler how that worked, and apparently for him there is a liberal-conservative line which somehow ends up with Fascism being uber liberal right along with Stalinist Communism. Stalin and Hitler??? Blazing liberals....somehow.

Yep Senator McCain was born in the Canal Zone, land we (the US, not BFP) appropriated from Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
y'all all got it wrong about Hawaii and Obama...........yes he was born in Hawaii.........HOWEVER...........Hawaii was not a state when he was born and the birth certificate Hawaii issued for him was forged to a date AFTER he was really born so it would look like he was born in Hawaii when it was a state and was born in the good ole U S Of A..........that is if you can find Hawaii on the map

geeezzzzzzzzzzz people..........where is your logic and practical reasoning..........
Cause the news people sure can't find Hawaii on a map, they have it off Ecuador in what I thought were the Galapagos. Is it possible Hawaii can be moved like the Island on Lost? and if so, how would the Constitution apply?

and

I was flipping through the Constitution this morning looking for the part where it is required that the President don scuba gear and fix any offshore oil leaks....is it maybe a part of the Mayflower Compact and not the Constitution? and if so, would it be Constitutional to expect such?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
I've always heard that children born to active duty personnel serving out of the country were considered "natural born citizens". Is that not true? Or does it only count if the birth happened on a military base? Are military bases located outside the U.S. considered "U.S. soil" or does that only count for ships? (And is it even really true for ships or just something I heard on NCIS?)
And what about at airports in the part before you go through Immigration?
Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

How about this political myth: re-writing your campaign website to appear more moderate midway through the campaign will help hid your tinfoil hat... NOT!

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #27
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Children born out of country to Military personel actually have dual citizenship. At the age of 18 they can choose which country they want.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #28
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
Children born out of country to Military personnel actually have dual citizenship. At the age of 18 they can choose which country they want.
That happens for any child of US parents born out of the US (ei. missionaries, business people, baby stealers), but would this affect being able to be electable as President?

As I understand it, the Canal Zone as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and other us "protectorates" (colonies) are considered US soil. I think US bases are too. Now a baby dropped at JFK Airport before the border while in line to go through Immigration? not so sure. I mean it could happen...right? I think we should clarify!

In other news, skindiving as a Presidential requirement is not in the King James version of the bible either....I am still searching.

And, no new on the possibility that Jesus was a Gummy, though I do have photos taken recently in the British Museum that prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster predates Christ. Not sure how this affects "One Nation Under God" but wanted to keep you all in the loop.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #29
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
How about this political myth: re-writing your campaign website to appear more moderate midway through the campaign will help hid your tinfoil hat... NOT!

Has she perhaps been "born again" as an Evangelical Texan?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #30
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Ohhh, I missed the ships part, interesting since most if not all US owned Cruise Ships are actually registered out of the Bahamas or Liberia to circumvent US laws (pun intended).

Maybe they carry a small box of Good o'le USA dirt for birthing opportunities? or do just US Military vessels count?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #31
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
Children born out of country to Military personel actually have dual citizenship. At the age of 18 they can choose which country they want.
I found this interesting in many ways. First, they don't have to choose, you can keep dual citizenship. My entire family has dual citizenship.

What needs to be clarified is that any child born to a US Citizen, no mater where, has a right to citizenship, all that has to be done is the paperwork.

To be able to become a US President though, you HAVE to be born in US soil or soil considered to be US. A great example and one that baffles me since the Birthers don't seem to go all up in arms about it (maybe because he is white?) is that John McCain was born in the US Canal Zone in Panama, so he is considered to have been born in US soil. If anyone's birth place had to be questioned to be eligible for the Presidency is his.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #32
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
It's funny that some politicians behave as if this is still 1967. Back then, you could say something foolish and unless the local or national media was on hand to catch it, it would disappear into the memory hole within 48 hours. They seem to not get it that YouTube is forever, and the crap you said back in 2007 is still on the Internet somewhere. The changing of websites is just hilarious as if people can't take screenshots of your web site. It is just hilarious to me.

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #33
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
That happens for any child of US parents born out of the US (ei. missionaries, business people, baby stealers), but would this affect being able to be electable as President?

As I understand it, the Canal Zone as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and other us "protectorates" (colonies) are considered US soil. I think US bases are too. Now a baby dropped at JFK Airport before the border while in line to go through Immigration? not so sure. I mean it could happen...right? I think we should clarify!

In other news, skindiving as a Presidential requirement is not in the King James version of the bible either....I am still searching.

And, no new on the possibility that Jesus was a Gummy, though I do have photos taken recently in the British Museum that prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster predates Christ. Not sure how this affects "One Nation Under God" but wanted to keep you all in the loop.

OMG!!! The Flying Spagetti Monster!!!!!!