uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,213 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Maybe, Maybe Not

I wore the same calculator watch for six years.

I was Charlie Brown in the play "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown".

I once won a radio talent show by playing, You Are My Sunshine through my nose. I can do this in perfect pitch. The prize, 15 tickets to a Rockfest. Yeah Baby!

I was taught how to pitch pennies by 3 homeless, elderly, very drunk men at a train station.

I'm old enough to know better.

If someone calls my house looking for "Marna" there is a very good chance it's a telemarketer.

I like adverbs.

I once got a concussion playing ultimate frisbee with a bunch of teenagers.

When I use twitter, I feel like a slightly feral village elder. My teeth itch when people tweet me to tell me what I'm not allowed to say.

Two of my friends from college named my thumbs; the left one is Bruce and the right one is Ted. I have no idea why.

I own a pair of Rayban Wayfarers. Classic black. Yeah, I’m awesome. Bitchin even!

I kick ass at MarioKart 64.

Banjo music makes me smile.

I must have shoes on when I hear banjo music.

I once spent 8 wonderful days in Ireland playing golf and drinking beer with 18 strangers and 1 friend. I came home with 19 friends.

If I am not making fun of you, I probably don't like you.

My favorite Disney princess is Jasmine.

I am the one who put the Lime in the Coconut.

I have been told that my hands and feet are exceptionally soft.

If there is cheese dip on the menu, I’m ordering it.

I once ate so much tofu, brown rice, and green beans that I passed out.

When I was a little baby, my mom cut my eyelashes because someone told her it woulld make them grow longer. My eyelashes are still short.

I can keep a secret.

When Beasley and I watch a movie, I will google the outcome and tell her before it is over.

I don’t think Angelina Jolie is hot. Or Julia Roberts. Or Pamela Anderson.

I hate cubicles.
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #82
StoneFinn

How Do You Identify?:
Transgressive Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine
Relationship Status:
hog-tied with love

StoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST Reputation

1. i do not feel like i have many friends in person, and i believe that it is because i am either missing something (in me) or doing something wrong.

2. i love to fish (catch and release)- even though the mere smell of fish will make me sick, and i cannot eat fish

3. i have now not only broken a finger, but now also had a ring ablation (degloving without removal)... and the bone was split down the middle as well.

4. i can build almost anything... except my own dinner. when my partner is gone at work, feeding myself often involves me staring into the fridge and eating a block of cheese.

5. considering the above, it becomes funny when you know that i also worked as a head cook-- and a good one at that, i am told.

6. i had a rather substantial collection of devil duckies. i am glad i don't now, because my puppy would probably eat them all.

7.it really bothers me when i can tell that people judge me to be stupid based on the observation that i work with my hands and am quite frequently dirty from such work

8. i am a night owl

9. even though i am a night owl, i have done the best i can to flip my schedule around for "the rest of the world"- although this has caused me to run in a perpetual state of sleep deprivation

10. i was born 10-12 weeks premature... and didn't find out about that until i was 34. when they couldn't find my appendix.

11. i love horror movies

12. i love working, but i do not love working with other people

13. i tend to be a bit of a magpie. there is a lot behind that, but i am now finally feeling secure enough to start letting go of some things

14. i have finally set up my painting studio. at least phase 1 of it.

15. i enjoy doing laundry. i find it to be very relaxing.

16. i hate doing dishes- it really kills my back.

17. i have major surgery coming up in 10 days and i am working on not freaking out.

18. when i was in 7th grade i wrote a report on edgar allan poe; my teacher thought that it was too good for me to have written it and failed me and accused me of plagiarism. my mum came to my defense and the principal gave me a chance-- an oral question and answer session on EAP, if i did well, all charges dropped and i would pass; if i did not do well, bad stuff. i passed so well that the principal actually chastised my teacher. go mum!

19. i find one-upmanship to be terribly tiring.

20. i am a volunteer firefighter in australia

21. i think that it is very healthy to hold different opinions (beliefs, values, etc) and i get really annoyed when people try to bully others into one mushed up, watered down set of ideals

22. we have several dogs, most of them kelpies and i feel like i am the head of the Von Kelpie family sometimes. "Dad! a Deer! a female deer!"

23. i love photography, both analog and digital and have a collection of cameras and old photographs, all the way back to original daguerrotypes...

24. i think that i am too nice sometimes...

25. no matter how much it hurts or how many times i get hurt... i will never change #24

"If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself." ~~ Van Gogh
StoneFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneFinn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #83
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Over time, life has changed me (somewhat)

1) I'm not eager to make friends with people like I used to, and cannot abide super needy people or people who have controlling behaviors. I am content with the few friends I have in life and I'm okay with that.

2) I like lots of color in my home. Home Décor is a hobby I've been nurturing for years now.

3) I like to change my fingernail polish weekly and one week of the month I won't wear any nail polish.

4) My work family simply loves me and I am so grateful they are in my life.

5) I like to pay my bills off before they're even due.

6) I have quirks about me, concerning bed time routines. I like it completely as dark as possible in my bedroom because of light sensitivity issues.

7) I am not the slight bit interested in having sex, anymore.

8) My abusive 92 y.o. dad died on the day of my best friend's birthday, two weeks ago.

9) I am grateful for my therapist and the therapist I started therapy with. Both of them have helped me greatly, over the last couple of years.

10) I like living alone.

11) I like to keep simple note reminders on the back of my front door.

12) I like all of my neighbors. They know who has permission to come by to visit and they know who is not welcome to come by. We all watch out for each other in positive productive ways.

13) I want to go visit my friends who live down the coast from me. It's been ages since we've had a chance to visit, so hopefully soon, by summer at least, we'll catch up and enjoy a weekend of fun.

14) I don't drink soda pop or sugary beverages. I prefer water or herbal tea. Lemonade in the summer, if it is sugar-free.

15) Lately, I don't read books as much as I used to. Instead, I have certain magazines that I get in the mail, every month. The books I used to have here at home? I've given them all away to either neighbors or to a local library.

16) I like to design and sew my own clothes. I plan to shop for a sewing machine, later this year.

17) I put my car up for sale. If I get a decent price for it, I plan to buy something entirely new and different.

18) I broke my left foot, years ago, when I was in my late twenties. Totally ridiculous accident while walking, but you can still see how the bones in my foot did not mend right, so I marvel at my left foot, these days.

19) After all the summers I've sat outside and basked in the sunshine, I still am lucky that my skin is supple and cancer free. My mother though, she has not been so lucky. She's got skin cancer. So I am careful now, when I sit outside in the sunshine.

20) I had to fill out a health history questionnaire recently. I think these types of inquiry forms are dangerous to the well being of patients who might not question why questions like I saw on the form being asked. It's obscene and highly intrusive, the health questionnaire questions I have seen on certain health forms.

21) I cannot fully give up carrots or carrot cake. It's like someone tangled up with a horrible smoking addiction. Or something like that. I can go weeks without missing carrots, and then hello! Oh, that carrot cake looks so goooood. LOL (or not).

22) I have aging spots on my hands. I can see wrinkles too. So far, aging into my 60s is going to be hard on me as I progress toward 70. I'm learning how to honor what physical beauty I have and to nurture all the inner beauty I've had for years. I tell myself that everything is going to be okay, even though I know aging is something we go through if we're lucky to be any age that we are.

23) I like Garlic, a lot. It is so good for you in many, many ways.

24) I am working on not being such a "Princess Potty Mouth" when I get frustrated with life and can't think of better things to say when I feel upset. But I most likely will drop the F-bomb, first chance I get.

25) I hope it's not a hot summer because I don't want to have to use my air conditioner. My monthly power bills are less than $20 and I hope to enjoy this trend for years to come.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: