Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Planners and Organizers!

Any other planner freaks out there?

I am trying a new one this year by Danielle LaPorte and am LOVING her Lifemap series so far:

http://www.daniellelaporte.com/store/?dlap=60711

Her planners are beautiful but I also just love her little soul-prompts to help spark creativity. She's spiritual and I like her way of doing spirit!

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great thread idea! I love using my planner also. Like you, Medusa, I love the ones with words of inspiration, quotes, etc.

I haven't seen them in a very long time, but I used to get those boxed cube calendars with sayings on them...I loved the quotes of the day especially!

The coolest planner I can imagine would be one with Maya Angelou's words of wisdom as I really admire her most!!
Old 08-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Must be spiral
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I have a planner with me everyday when I go to work...I enjoy planning my week out and trying to stay ahead of things like birthdays and anniversaries...important dates, etc.

I am currently making a planner (bought at Michael's, a blank one where you write in the months, days, etc.) for my best friend for her 50th birthday. It will have all her important dates in it, plus some inspirational quotes, fun stickers, and extra stickers for her to put in as she makes doctor/dentist appointments and other kinds of plans.

This ties into the writing instrument I use as well sometimes...a nice pen or marker, sometimes a mechanical pencil for tentative plans.

I've had so much fun making my friend's planner I've decided to make one for myself.

It's nice if it happens to come with a pocket, if it doesn't I make one on the inside of the back cover to be able to put a supply of postage stamps in it.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post

It's nice if it happens to come with a pocket, if it doesn't I make one on the inside of the back cover to be able to put a supply of postage stamps in it.

Omg, I thought I was the only one that did that! I have a small(ish) notebook that I use daily for documentation, logging info, notes and just personal organization.

On the inside back cover I've added a pocket for little bits of paper and a supply of post it's and flags for books, etc.,... lol...

On the inside front panel I wrote the Serenity Prayer in its entirety because some days (most) I need it...

I can't even tell you how many organizers, calendars and scrap books I own and never used...smh

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #6
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,392 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default A plum of a planner

For the past few years I have designed my own planner via

https://www.plumpaper.com

When you go to the site you can build your planner from a variety of options, features and sizes. You choose the front cover art, monogram, script, etc. There are 12-18 month planners, student layouts, traditional layouts, monochromatic tabs, color tabs, the choices really do seem endless. They have layouts for party planning, health/fitness goals, several custom add-in pages (budget, project, wedding or baby planning, etc.) They have folder pockets, stickers and yes it is all round spiral so can be opened to fold flat. I like it because I can design just what I want and not have extra pages getting in my way. My daughter liked mine so much she now uses one because high school is no joke. Those kids are crazy busy!

Katniss~~a girl with both a plan and a planner
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Ohhh!

My Desire Map weekly planner came today and it is so gorgeous. It’s exactly what I was looking for! Gorgeous and sleek!

http://www.daniellelaporte.com/store/?dlap=60711
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #8
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
For the past few years I have designed my own planner via

https://www.plumpaper.com

When you go to the site you can build your planner from a variety of options, features and sizes. You choose the front cover art, monogram, script, etc. There are 12-18 month planners, student layouts, traditional layouts, monochromatic tabs, color tabs, the choices really do seem endless. They have layouts for party planning, health/fitness goals, several custom add-in pages (budget, project, wedding or baby planning, etc.) They have folder pockets, stickers and yes it is all round spiral so can be opened to fold flat. I like it because I can design just what I want and not have extra pages getting in my way. My daughter liked mine so much she now uses one because high school is no joke. Those kids are crazy busy!

Katniss~~a girl with both a plan and a planner
This sounds almost good enough to make me try a different planner! I love the idea of being able to design exactly what you want.

I have been using the same planner for about 10 years. It is the one I have found that comes closest to exactly what I want in terms of contents: it's exactly the right size, there are monthly and weekly pages, enough notes pages to have plenty of places to write extra stuff but not too many, monthly calendars for previous and following months on every weekly page, plus it's just beautiful and a pleasure to work with. There's a pretty satin ribbon to mark my place. The papers are smooth and creamy and easy to write on, and the papers are gilt-edged. The cover is good quality leather and the year is embossed on the front. I get a different color every year, but always the same model:

https://www.galleryleather.com/plann...y-desk-planner

I also always peel off about 20 sticky notes from a pad and stick them in the back of my planner. The Super Sticky ones work best.

I love the idea of a pocket for my stamps!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i need a binder for my side biz.. I had one that worked but I had to configure it because it didn't have what I needed. It was bulky and meh...

i found a new one that is all that I need in one piece!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #10
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i need a binder for my side biz.. I had one that worked but I had to configure it because it didn't have what I needed. It was bulky and meh...

i found a new one that is all that I need in one piece!
ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyy I never knew Dee used a binder lol:huhl
laugh: BIG KISS ON DEE'S CHEEK
Old 11-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #11
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyy I never knew Dee used a binder lol:huhl
laugh: BIG KISS ON DEE'S CHEEK
... is that what I had to do to get a kiss from you?
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #12
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I started going to school full-time last year, Logicaly bought me a planner I had been eyeing. His sister, who went to school for the military FT while also working, often used one and loved hers. I love to make lists, use sticky-notes often at work, etc. I don't have an issue remembering, but I like to view tasks to be done and prioritize because it makes me feel GOOD.

So, I used my planner for the year I went full-time, and it has been sitting aside these last six months. I bought a work-out pack to swap from school to health before the summer started but never got around to swapping it out. However, now I sit here with a clean, open binder and four months of health-focused pages to plan out and I am EXCITED!

Thank you for this thread
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #13
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I just got this planner that I think will serve me well. We'll see.

I've been using some kind of planner since the 90s. I started with Franklin Covey and then just moved on to whatever struck my fancy. This year I started using a basic FRINGE Monthly and Weekly planner. It's okay, but I don't like it as much as the Productivity Planner I just got from Amazon.

A coworker recommended the Productivity Planner, so I'll try it out for awhile to see if it's what I like.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #14
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am without a planner this year for the first time since probably high school. I use a desk blotter to track my appointments during the work day and use the calendar on my phone to note before and after work planned events. I thought I might hate it but I actually find it more simple. Plus my partner and I are able to share a calendar that way and plug in our dates or times when one of us is out of town/working late/etc. When I told my daughter I wasn't using my paper planner anymore she fell on the ground gasping... "but that's your bible!" hysterical.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I am without a planner this year for the first time since probably high school. I use a desk blotter to track my appointments during the work day and use the calendar on my phone to note before and after work planned events.
I also took the plunge and switched over to my phone calendar this year. I am trusting it more and more. I still have to have a paper planner though, even though my calendar isn't in it. It's for all the other stuff I write down - stuff I used to put on sticky notes, my check register, bills, addresses, everything. I have a lot less paper in my life since I started keeping everything in the planner.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2018, 06:57 PM   #16
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i’m about to start looking for my 2019 planner as I plan to fill it up with lots of bookings!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 09:41 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Now that school's revving back up, a new batch of planners and organizational tools have appeared. So happy! I don't like the bulk of a traditional planner but I do like having room to jot down work schedules, notes, payment reminders, etc. I also am keeping a running tab of all expenses in a bank register kind of way but not exactly and it's working much better than my previous method. I have a pocket planner that goes in my purse and a larger one for home. Information gets transferred every couple of days. I feel that I'm on top of it without being compulsive or fanatical. I haven't always had that balance so this is pretty damn cool right now. I almost don't recognize myself!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 01:37 PM   #18
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I really like the Productivity Planner from Intelligent Change, but they don't make a digital version.

Is anyone using a digital planner? If so, may I get some recommendations?
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #19
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I really like the Productivity Planner from Intelligent Change, but they don't make a digital version.

Is anyone using a digital planner? If so, may I get some recommendations?

I'd love to help but I'm old school unfortunately! It's strictly paper and pens for this OLD DOG..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #20
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I love having an actual paper planner and am very into it. I use stickers and different colored inks and decorate everything and use stickers specifically made for planners. Right now I have a Creativity 365 Happy Planner in the large version. It's huge and bulky but I don't care, it's my baby. You can get all kinds of add ons and I got the budget packet and the six month add on packet. Plus four books of stickers. I play in it every day. I may be obsessed but it's something creative for me and also keeps me very organized.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: