Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

With the last one, I've learned to open my eyes, so I can really hear with my ears

I'm relearning the independence I once had and lost being in a relationship

I'm still working on confidence and worthiness

Learning that being single the last 2 years was good for me as it helped me clean out cobwebs that have been there way too long

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i also hope people from my past learned from our experience together

what to do, what not to do and all in between!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

Important things I learned from past relationships

Sometimes it is better to stay friends then let it go to the next level.

I will be fine with enough time to heal after a breakup.

The person who I was in a relationship in was important to me and always will be even if it is a bad break up.
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #24
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that I made someone else more important than myself and I drank over it. Wont do that again...however, I am ever so grateful for that Truth.

I learned I am unwilling to move across the country on uncertainties.

I learned I am stronger than I ever thought..and ended up doing things I didnt think I could handle.

I learned that I can love so well, and yet have loved so wrong. As Blade once said, my picker was broken and I needed to fix it.

I learned that I will never settle for being second in a relationship ever again.

I learned that I wont do exes in a relationship. Theirs or mine.

I learned that lies are obvious as long as I am not in denial.

I learned that no one can make me happy with myself but some sure can make me miserable about themselves...
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I learned that having everything in common does not mean it's going to be a charmed relationship!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #26
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that if one person shuts down the chance of communicating and fixing the relationship, then it is gone.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

From past relationships, I have learned:

I am gay *regardless* of how my partner IDs - it does not alter me.
I am more open to trying new things than I thought I was.
Identifying as femme in no ways weakens me or makes me "less" than my partner.
I am strong.
I can enjoy be pampered without feeling like I should be doing something to deserve it.
Compromise and communication is important.

Most importantly: I am no one's bitch, and no one can walk on me or control me.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desd View Post
From past relationships, I have learned:
I am gay *regardless* of how my partner IDs - it does not alter me.
Yes that! I've only had one lesbian question my lesbian label. It was one of those topsy turvy situations where she couldn't see my point of view and I couldn't see why she couldn't see.

It eventually came out that she didn't see herself as 100% gay despite being in a lesbian relationship, so couldn't wrap her head around why I still did, despite being with a man.

It's important to hold onto your own ID, which is something I'd learned in a previous (abusive) relationship.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #29
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

that I had/have work to do on myself.. that I will not tolerate the things I used to.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

sometimes people just aren't ready and no amount of me being ready, willing, able, and overcompensating can make it work. being madly in love with someone (even when they claim to feel the same way) is no reason to settle for a situation where they are incapable of giving anything emotionally. even though it sucks and it's really not anyone's fault that it sucks.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #31
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The calm of being alone......

Make sure life changing decision arent made under emotional duress!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
Rocket
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he (non male)
Relationship Status:
Kittygrrl's Daddy

Rocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
I learned that if one person shuts down the chance of communicating and fixing the relationship, then it is gone.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #33
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

That what people say is never as important as what they do....watch their actions and priorities, and they will show you who they truly are better than their words ever will.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #34
JJWinks
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Stud
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your hearts desire
Relationship Status:
Single

JJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST ReputationJJWinks Has the BEST Reputation
Default What I learned from Relationship...

I learned that I have a fearless heart and no matter how may times it gets torn apart I can mend it and open it again eventually. Actions speak louder than words. I learned to back up and look a situation objectively and not take everything personally. I learned to set my boundries within my relationships and still be sensitive to my partners needs. I learned to fight fair and never hit below the belt. Somethings you say just can't be taken back. I learned that it's OK to say..." I'll get back to you on that" giving you time to process. I learned It's very important to make time and stay present with you partner without distractions especially if she needs to vent. I learned not to solve her problems and just really listen to her, sometimes that's all she needs.
I learned not to blame myself if things don't workout.
JJWinks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JJWinks For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #35
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
That what people say is never as important as what they do....watch their actions and priorities, and they will show you who they truly are better than their words ever will.
STANDING OVATION!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #36
Rocket
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he (non male)
Relationship Status:
Kittygrrl's Daddy

Rocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST ReputationRocket Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal View Post
STANDING OVATION!
STANDING OVATION!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocket For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
nycbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
moved on and ready to start again

nycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputation

when someone shows you who they are, believe them!!!

communicate----communicate----communicate

you don't have to have everything in common, but it certainly helps to have some things

respect each others differences and make compromises

above all, NEVER lose sight of who YOU are to try and keep someone....be true to yourself!!!

http://youtu.be/39gpaDnjW4I
nycbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nycbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #38
DeviantDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Mated

DeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST ReputationDeviantDaddy Has the BEST Reputation
Default My lessons.

I thought that the happily ever after dream wasn't what Disney portrayed.
Sometimes the very best thing you can do for someone, is walk away for their own good.
Being in a great and healthy relationship, does not mean everything is always perfect.
That I am capable and strong enough to truly forgive.
That I can love deeply and can truly love with no reservations.
Love does not go hand in hand with happiness.
Sharing everything should be done slowly and carefully.
That if you ever find yourself thinking... "she can change".. then you are likely better off ending it.

That although happily ever after isn't Disney's portrayal, it can still happen
DeviantDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeviantDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #39
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
This is SO true.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that every relationship (and everyone) until now has been a dress rehearsal. And just as important.

I've learned that I'm stronger than I thought I was, and become stronger every day.

I've learned who my true friends are--the ones who can understand what you're saying on the phone even when you can't stop crying.