Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default MATURITY? WHAT? WHEN? STAGES?

What is maturity to you?
When do you know you are mature?
Does it come in stages?
Life stages, ages, events, or just come with time?
Relationship maturity?
Parenting, partnering, social maturity?

I know we all have said that's so immature or he/she is so immature or that was an immature thing to say/do. Or my kid is mature for his/her age, and on and on. So talk about maturity anyway you like, just be nice. Maybe someone will learn something, maybe someone will grow from what we share.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

What is maturity to you?
Fully developed; grown up in terms of physical appearance, behaviour or thinking; ripe.
I think everyone matures in different areas at different times, depending on their lifes experiences in situations
Does it come in stages?
YUP
All of the above, I don't think I would react or behave in the same manor to a situation as I did when I was 20, 30 or 40. I pretty much believe maturity to be a continuous growth
Relationship maturity?
Hmmm have to think on that one
This one too

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

My level of maturity may very well be linked to hormonal factors.

Interesting topic Blade!
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
My level of maturity may very well be linked to hormonal factors.

Interesting topic Blade!
yeah me too some days. But it's been a year now since I realized those were hormonal and I've learned to deal with that too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

What is maturity to you?
The ability to rationally think and preserve thoughts and organize them in an thoughtful, meaningful, exact form prior to acting on them.

If i feel good and at peace with decisions and they cause no harm to myself and others and can look back on those decisions and know i did good.

Does it come in stages?
I believe there are certainly different levels, higher ability of maturity comes with more complex situations that are managed with more than single or binary thoughts.

All of the above.

Relationship maturity?
Comes with practice, patience, self esteem and perseverance

Again, comes with time and acceptance of the ability to learn and grow and embrace ourselves and others as well as keeping an open mind for all aspects of living.

Butttttttttttt being a kid at heart is way more fun.
Maya Angelou

Last edited by princessbelle; 01-10-2011 at 08:23 PM.
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
What is maturity to you?
Does it come in stages?
Relationship maturity?
Maturity, to me, is not only knowing what the right thing to do is but doing it, even if it hurts.

When you do those things that are right and don't spend the rest of your life being miserable about it.

I believe it comes in waves. Sometimes the tides correspond with relevant and appropriate life experiences and sometimes they come quietly, when we're not aware. I also believe a person's maturity can fluctuate daily, whether due to social situations, hormones, or general asshattery.

Relationship maturity is not only thinking of yourself but of your partner and also of the relationship as a separate but connected entity all on its own and doing things that are good for the relationship, even if they conflict with what may be good or best for one or both of you.

I have known VERY few people who were ready for parenthood. Parenthood brings loads of gifts with it: responsibility, tears, laughter, maturity, insight, joy, and the ability to look outside of oneself for more than a nanosecond. Those who are good parents learn from these gifts. Those who aren't, don't.

Social maturity is a mixed bag for me. There are those who are very mature in just about every area of their lives and then they go out with friends and get blotto and do extremely stupid and immature things. In social situations, I notice that it's very easy to fluctuate from one level of maturity to the complete opposite very quickly. Even when alcohol is not a factor, I've seen this. Mob mentality for stupidity, I guess.

Designated drivers (being one or making sure you have one in place before you drink) would be a good example of social maturity. Not acting inappropriately.....like being a loud jerk at a small movie showing or laughing at a funeral (though I know there are those who have nervous laughter in certain social situations) or being a jerk to someone you asked to dance and they said no.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
Converse

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Married

2 Highscores

Converse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST Reputation

Maturity – there is a stage in our life when we realize that we aren’t the centre of the universe, when we see that not everything is about us, we start to think about others- independent from how they impact us. This is different from being simply considerate; it is about an awareness and understanding of things outside of our range of influence, and accepting that separate and unconnected orbits exist- and that they are of value.

Maturity also gives us an ability to see further, it allows us to plan using lessons gained from life experiences. It allows us to reflect over what went before and see it from a new wider perspective.

Maturity is when we have more questions about ourselves than we once had but don’t expect others to be as interested in our self discovery as we are.

Maturity is when we consider not the impact that others have on us, but the impact we have on others.

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.
~Tom Wilson
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Converse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #8
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Well it looks like I started this thread 7 years ago. Let's see if any of the newer folks would like to chime in on this conversation or perhaps have a different perspective on what maturity means

The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #9
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

the realization that quantity is no substitute for quality

that true beauty comes from within, the shell (it comes in) becomes less important. this may be taken as a given, but how honest are we with ourselves? One of the biggest regrets we shall ever have, in this life, will be the regret we have because of the lies we tell ourselves, instead of dealing with the reality we've built for ourselves. We can change, but only when we acknowledge truth and a desire to become something more pleasing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #10
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I turned 62 this summer and most days still feel like a big kid in my head. If I get feelings of maturity and am able to recognize it, I will come back here and do a "tell all."

By the way, not something to be proud of but just the way it seems to be for me ... we get what we get ... and deal with it ... I spend most of my free time away from work alone with my pets and this is my joy ... no one has to suffer my immaturity ... at work it doesn't matter since I am a software developer - most of us are quirky - some to the mega extreme and make my immaturity look invisible LOL! Regardless, at work or play ... I am safe and you are too!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 01:18 AM   #11
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Until about 10 years ago, I always said my inner child was 40 years old. My mother wanted a little adult and that's what she created. With the help of really good therapy, I discovered the child hiding behind the 40 year old. I don't exhibit it often, but I'm now mature enough and secure enough that I'm not bothered at all by it when I do. The rest of the world can just deal.

Also, I've been old enough for quite a while now that I truly don't care what people think - those I don't know at least. It's very freeing.