Converse

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Married

2 Highscores

Converse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST Reputation

I am a Butch in a household of one High Femme and two teenage girls and one bathroom- this makes me one of the most patient and (bladdered controlled) persons on the planet.
This is beneficial because also living in the house is:

• The 160lb mastiff who inhales food- so we have to keep living things weighted down for their own safety.
• A 5 month old ewok ( though others have told me she is a leonburger pup)
• A mean s-o-b tuxedo cat weighing in at mastiff size, who will just walk along the back of the couch and whack you across the back of the head because… well just because.
• A fluffy cat affectionately known as princess with a serious carb habit, who I’m sure opens the fridge and makes a sandwich in the middle of the night… cuz often the bread will shows signs of the wrapping being chewed through.
• And a small cat, named cat, who literally suddenly appears in closed drawers and coat pockets.

All are rescue animals- it’s a strange household with lots of fur, but lots of laughs
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Converse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #22
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Normally, I keep my bedroom door closed at night...it keeps the giant collie from jumping on top of me and limits the "doghair in the bed" issue. This weekend, the dogs went to camp with a friend though....son is with his father....and it's just me and the 4 cats.

I got up sometime in the middle of the night to go pee...and must not have latched the door.

Opened my eyes this morning to see the sunlight streaming through the bedroom window...and four cats laying in a row....staring at me.

They were all waiting for tuna...

Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #23
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

We have a full-size rough collie (think Lassie), named Lily. We also have 4 cats, who she loves, sleeps with and "counts" several times a day. One of those kitties is Mabel....a solid black long-haired girl with green eyes.

I was making breakfast this morning when I heard Lily getting too rough with a kitty...a hiss or two and a few ticked-off sounding meows made me yell "Lily, leave them alone!"

Lily walked into the living room looking contrite.

A minute later, Mabel followed her in...paused, then swatted Lily's tail, and rolled over in front of her, showing her belly. Lily dove on her, grabbing the cat in her mouth (but not biting down) and growled. Mabel hissed, swatted at the dog's face. I told Lily "enough". She let go, sat down, looked contrite again.

Mabel looked at me. Stood up, walked over to Lily...swatted her in the face, rolled over belly up and wiggled.

I let the dog grab her. Didn't mean to interrupt the game.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #24
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Our teenage boy kitty Grayson has decided that 4 a.m. is a great time to come visit....

He runs up the length of the bed, or me, depending on his mood evidently...purring loudly...comes to a screeching halt on my pillow....attacks my hair....pats my nose with his paw....rubs on me.....licks my cheek....then charges back down to attack my feet.

Good morning to you too kitty
Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #25
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

Right now, Bob is wallowing in the bed. He just got a bath. He has already ran around the house and stuff, so now he must mess up my bed. Just cause you know.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #26
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

i love to see: just prior to settling in -- which is about four herbivore hours, moo.moo exits his 'garden/pet taxi,' and climbs into toffee's garden to spend time during the night.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #27
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We have a cat on a pogo stick. It's spring!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #28
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My dogs love the drive thru window. Roscoe, the boxer always talks to the lady, howling that he's ready for his food.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #29
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i have two cats. One, Baby, has always liked to crawl under the covers, especially when my knees are up and i have made a "tent" for her. The other, Zuzu, has always been an on top of the covers snuggler. Well Zuzu learned the trick and now enjoys being under the tent. Since Baby is not that interested in giving up rights to a favorite spot, there have been squabbles. It was a bit scary a couple of times when a cat fight broke out not too far from my more delicate areas. So far no damage, but i am a more nervous snuggler and tend to lie more on my side these days.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #30
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Right now, my little furry terror Tigger has decided that her favourite game involves waiting until I'm really tired and just getting into bed, she has to have some food, use her litter tray and then start what sounds like world war three kitty style on, under and around my bed, she has to pounce on my feet at least once, use my head as a springboard at least three times and chirrup at me to make sure I know that I'm playing the game too. I love her dearly, I really do ...
Also, the cold nose on my neck to get me to lift the covers so she can become a purring hot water bottle ...
Massive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Massive For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #31
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

My polydactyl Tigger has decided that it will turn on the light when it uses the litter box in the bathroom. Or if Daddy is in the bathroom and light is already on the light goes off because she wants to turn it on. It does not matter if Daddy is shaving or showering at the time.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #32
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
My dogs love the drive thru window. Roscoe, the boxer always talks to the lady, howling that he's ready for his food.
I giggled when I saw this post. Our mini-doxie Shadow once tried to jump into the drive-thru window at Burger King. I caught him by the back end as he took a flying leap.

The woman waiting on us was startled first, then busted up laughing.

We have to watch him carefully at drive-thrus now!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #33
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Poor Scoote is fighting a losing battle here these days...

It's lizard season in south Florida, and her brain-damaged kitty (aka Gracie Ann Salt aka GAS aka The Great White Hunter) has been catching lizards and bringing them into the house daily.

Since Scoote is in charge of lizard removal, she's on her toes....every time Gracie comes through the pet door Scoote checks her speed. Slow means it's just her......fast means she's got a lizard in her mouth.

Yesterday Gracie got sneaky....she came in slow, with a great big one!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #34
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I have a rottweiler/sharpei mix and two giant gingertoms; all are rescues, all are cheeky as hell. It's a laugh riot some days and other days i sit in my car for an hour just to have "alone time".

Louie, one of my gingers, is the cleverest of the bunch.

When I first adopted the kittens they were utterly insane at night, running laps around my flat - smashing vases, slamming doors, catapulting themselves up and over my bed at all hours of the night. I was being woken 6-10 times every night.

I bought a spray bottle and started sleeping with it under my pillow. Finger on the trigger. When the cats started up, I wouldn't even turn on the light, I would sit up and spray the gun in rounds covering the whole room. This lasted for all of two nights....

On the third night I woke up to a soaking wet pillow and head!!!
Louie had skulked up and bit a series of holes in the bottom of the bottle, rendering it ineffective.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #35
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

My cats love to go fishing with me across the road. They follow me there and back. There are sooo many fish in the lagoon right now, that sometimes all i have to do is get my net with the long pole, and throw popcorn on the water, and they jump like pirahnas! They get all excited when I catch a few, and they all walk back home with me. Then, they try to help me clean the fish, and watch me while I fry them! Their favorites are the tails and heads. They also bring me home bait they catch like frogs, crawfish, worms and snakes.Yum!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #36
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

The Tigger saga continues, last night, I woke up with an incredibly hot arse, and I couldn't understand why .. turns out, my little furry shit had climbed inside my duvet cover and was curled up against me!
Massive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Massive For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #37
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

At least it's not snakes...

poor lil snakes...

Sis has finally found something she can catch... Just waking up snakes...

*eye roll*

She catches them, brings them in the house, catches them, brings them in the house... The other cats are like.. *Dude, WTF* and just wonder what the hell this thing coiled up in the living room is....

I generally take care of the poor shocked, wounded things, but Mitmo just had her first taste of sis going.. *come look.. come look...*

She was not amused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Poor Scoote is fighting a losing battle here these days...

It's lizard season in south Florida, and her brain-damaged kitty (aka Gracie Ann Salt aka GAS aka The Great White Hunter) has been catching lizards and bringing them into the house daily.

Since Scoote is in charge of lizard removal, she's on her toes....every time Gracie comes through the pet door Scoote checks her speed. Slow means it's just her......fast means she's got a lizard in her mouth.

Yesterday Gracie got sneaky....she came in slow, with a great big one!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #38
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I took Bob out to lunch today. There is a small BBQ spot downtown that will let him come in the bar area. Which also houses the smoker. So Bob sat staring at this smoker. I will be darned if he didn't manage 1 chicken wing (dropped and picked up, meat stripped off, no bones), large hunk of chicken breast, a large hunk of pork and a slice of beef. That is in addition to the bites I gave him off my plate. He really likes fried okra by the way.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #39
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

We have a dog and four cats--all rescues.

Freeway is our border collie/lab mix. He's a senior citizen, with diabetes, cataracts, and arthritis. If he wants to go out, he won't bark, but just stands nearby and stares pointedly at the door. Sometimes, he goes unnoticed, so Zoe, one of the cats, becomes his voice. She's a one year old, wiry, high-energy black cat with a persistent meow that sounds like, "Meeeep!" She'll cavort around him, meeping loudly, until we notice and let him out. If he's in another room, she'll run in and out of the room, letting us know that he has to go.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #40
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

As a chihuahua, Bob likes to burrow under the covers of my bed. All you can see is a lump in the middle. The funny part is, if I talk to him, the lump wags. If I say the word "cookie", the lump begins to move.........and out pops Bob!! It is all about the cookie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:

Tags
furkids, pets