How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,103 Times in 5,113 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

- pork fried rice
- applesauce

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #30322
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

One of the teenagers is cooking tonight. She says she is making ramen soup.... should I be scared
Old 03-28-2020, 12:07 AM   #30323
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone mind if I interrupt the usual things we read here, just for a moment?

I came across the most unique videos of an elderly woman, Clara, who was at the time, in her mid-to-late 90s. She grew up in The Depression. In the video's I'm going to post, Clara talks about having Dandelions for supper, and she tells you little bits about her life back then, like she worked at the Hostess Twinkie factory. Clara is Italian and she's got tons of videos about all kinds of things people used to make to eat, back during the great Depression.

She's a beautiful soul. And her little stories about yesteryear are just precious.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 05:31 AM   #30324
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,455 Times in 2,629 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dinner

Spaghetti with homemade sauce and meatballs. Yum.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #30325
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
One of the teenagers is cooking tonight. She says she is making ramen soup.... should I be scared
You should be afraid, very afraid. When mine were in their teens they claimed it was born of love but I just felt very punished. Maybe if I'd had daughters... Nope could have had them turn out like me, better to have mad scientists for sons. Good Luck
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:12 AM   #30326
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Does anyone mind if I interrupt the usual things we read here, just for a moment?

I came across the most unique videos of an elderly woman, Clara, who was at the time, in her mid-to-late 90s. She grew up in The Depression. In the video's I'm going to post, Clara talks about having Dandelions for supper, and she tells you little bits about her life back then, like she worked at the Hostess Twinkie factory. Clara is Italian and she's got tons of videos about all kinds of things people used to make to eat, back during the great Depression.

She's a beautiful soul. And her little stories about yesteryear are just precious.

I have her book marked!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:18 AM   #30327
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I have thousands of packages of Ramen noodles...I just wish they weren't all "chickenesque flavour".
Don't worry, I do toss the flavour packets and then I make "Ramen Bolognese".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 05:11 PM   #30328
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I have thousands of packages of Ramen noodles...I just wish they weren't all "chickenesque flavour".
Don't worry, I do toss the flavour packets and then I make "Ramen Bolognese".
If this thing lasts you'll be sitting on a gold mine. People here are already selling it at super jacked up inflationary prices, I can't imagine in another three months.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #30329
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
If this thing lasts you'll be sitting on a gold mine. People here are already selling it at super jacked up inflationary prices, I can't imagine in another three months.
Ramen gouging?
Ok, I'm in.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #30330
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

home made Navy bean soup, with sweet onions, chopped celery and smokey seasonings. It's very delicious. I have four servings left over, for future meals.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #30331
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Dinner...

Homemade split pea soup.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:26 PM   #30332
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I guess that depends on whether she really knows how to make ramen soup. Did she add other things to the stuff that comes in the package? Diced cooked meat, vegetables, a three-minute egg? How did it turn out?

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:45 PM   #30333
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

- t-bone steaks
- baked potatoes
- applesauce
- vanilla wafers

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #30334
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,455 Times in 2,629 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dinner

A nice size piece of wild salmon I had frozen in the freezer. Coupled with a baked potato and brussel sprouts steamed. Ice tea with lots of lemon.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #30335
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
A nice size piece of wild salmon I had frozen in the freezer. Coupled with a baked potato and brussel sprouts steamed. Ice tea with lots of lemon.
Are you accepting out-of-town dinner guests?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #30336
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

IDK yet I'm not cooking dinner tonight.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #30337
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

I dunno cause first I have to learn how to hunt, use a rifle then go shoot a moose.
I live in a big urban area but maybe I can bag a few squirrels for the freezer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:56 PM   #30338
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I guess that depends on whether she really knows how to make ramen soup. Did she add other things to the stuff that comes in the package? Diced cooked meat, vegetables, a three-minute egg? How did it turn out?
It wasn't good. She wouldn't take help from her grandmother or me... no one ate it.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:58 PM   #30339
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Tonight the oldest child is cooking. Dinner is fish sticks (these are actually breaded fish tenders and really good), tater tots, and roasted veggies.

Last night was my turn, we had apple pork roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:12 PM   #30340
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,506 Times in 10,197 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I just simmered some pork chunks in chicken stock, garlic, white onion and sliced jalapeno (seeds and all). I left it covered for over an hour and a half.
Wrapped it up in the last floor tortilla, last dollop of sour cream. Oh, and some cheese.

Last of the diet coke.

***using up what's in frig. Lol

Wine later 😎

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:

Tags
dessert, dinner, food