Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default HGTV

1. I admit it....I watch way too much TV.

2. There is no #2.

I love HGTV.....not all of it....but probably most of it.....do You?

My favorites......

House Hunters
House Hunters International
Holmes on Homes (it's a little testosterone heavy, but he's a good guy who likes to help folks who've been screwed by someone who, clearly, didn't have a MUCH testosterone as Mike does! Was that sexist? )
Property Virgins (because Sandra is hot)

Also, they have a Dream Home contest....I'm fairly sure I'm going to win the next one, which is in New Mexico, between AlbuQUEERque & Santa Fe. I could force myself to live there.....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I probably watch HGTV more that any other station, it appeals to me on so many levels. My absolute most favorite show, is Holmes on Homes—I would love to work with him, I'm all about doing it right the first time around.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Color Splash with that cutie patootie, David Whocareshessodamnadorableandfamilytoboot or something.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
1. I admit it....I watch way too much TV.

2. There is no #2.

I love HGTV.....not all of it....but probably most of it.....do You?

My favorites......

House Hunters
House Hunters International
Holmes on Homes (it's a little testosterone heavy, but he's a good guy who likes to help folks who've been screwed by someone who, clearly, didn't have a MUCH testosterone as Mike does! Was that sexist? )
Property Virgins (because Sandra is hot)

Also, they have a Dream Home contest....I'm fairly sure I'm going to win the next one, which is in New Mexico, between AlbuQUEERque & Santa Fe. I could force myself to live there.....

Now, how are you going to win that house when it's coming to the lady and me???? Hmmmmm????

We love HGTV too. And the Do It Yourself network.

We have plans to buy up some properties, spruce 'em up a little, and use them as rentals.......so I call time watching those shows an investment.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Now, how are you going to win that house when it's coming to the lady and me???? Hmmmmm????

We love HGTV too. And the Do It Yourself network.

We have plans to buy up some properties, spruce 'em up a little, and use them as rentals.......so I call time watching those shows an investment.

<giggle>

Well....as ALways, You may feel free to visit ANY time! You can have the casita! I will cook for You in that amazing kitchen and we can watch movies in the home theatre!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Color Splash with that cutie patootie, David Whocareshessodamnadorableandfamilytoboot or something.

LOVE me some David! I remember when he won the designer contest show on which he competed.....

Can You say "FLAME"? I adore him!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Another HGTV afficionado here!!! I watch way too much TV too - even if I don't watch it, I keep it on. The voices keep me company...

My fave is Devine Design. For my money Candice is the only real 'professional' on HGTV. Next would be Genevieve Gorda, all the others are just OK to me.

I also watch the Food Network, but TCM wins hands down.

Oh, and a heads-up - forget it - I'll be the new resident in the NM house!!! But, I'll share - I'll have a party, and you're all invited!! lol
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a huge HGTV addict..

well.. actually a former addict, as I am trying to break the tv habit..

I adore flip it shows, househunters, and property virgins... Mike is a total dream on his show....

I used to work for a company that flipped house, and I had the best time staging a house for showing.... Lol.. I used to do flower arrangements to complement a space and the darn sales people would buy them before we could use them..

I love watching for the new up coming trends..

Lol.. I have been saying travertine is on it's way out and watch for concrete for about six months..

Low and behold while craigslisting apts in austin what did I see in all the upscale condos? Concrete...
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I enjoy HGTV. I really like the shows on landscaping, patios, decks, and gardens. The $ friendly make-overs or creating rooms without spending any $$ always are interesting to watch.

Lately I have been watching the episodes that focus on outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, and the cement b-b-q built ins.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

I also like (sometimes) "The Unsellables".....I love it when Sophie gets all toppy with homeowners who are clearly delusional....she is one hot British Bitch! <giggling>

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I also like (sometimes) "The Unsellables".....I love it when Sophie gets all toppy with homeowners who are clearly delusional....she is one hot British Bitch! <giggling>

Is it just me or does she totally look like Lips???
Old 03-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Is it just me or does she totally look like Lips???
YES! She DOES! Does that make Lips an American Bitch? But she's OUR American Bitch, dammit!

<decorating my Dream Home in my mind.....now THERE would be some good parties, yes?>
Old 03-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #13
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

OMG - Why yes!

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #14
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

House Hunters International! *drool*
Old 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

I really enjoy House Hunters International too. Seeing how much homes cost and what they get compared to us in the U.S. Like in europe, everyone has little tiny fridges cause they go to markets everyday, so different than us. Cool show

~~~shark~~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #16
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post
I really enjoy House Hunters International too. Seeing how much homes cost and what they get compared to us in the U.S. Like in europe, everyone has little tiny fridges cause they go to markets everyday, so different than us. Cool show

~~~shark~~~~~~~~
That's my favorite part too...and the beaches!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoy house hunters international as well...what often strikes me is how the buyers, those from the US it seems, are all excited to have a home in another country...they go on about how they love the culture and 'the people' of the country...*yet* very often when they see the potential homes and make their comments, they compare them to US homes and the accustomed space and amenities...like they are looking to be in another country in an american home...it's just sort of interesting...

the house hunting shows are appealing and very popular...I am still puzzled about why they are such a hit...they are fun to watch...

I am not as into the redecorating shows....there was a show where two guys would pick things up from the garbage, make something new out of it, and then return it as a surprise to the folks who had thrown it out in the first place, that was a neat idea...I like seeing what people remake...
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #18
Deborah

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babydoll is a start....
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Livingston 4/20/2013

Thanked 1,454 Times in 276 Posts
Deborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST ReputationDeborah Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE
My fave is Devine Design. For my money Candice is the only real 'professional' on HGTV. Next would be Genevieve Gorda, all the others are just OK to me.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Candace Olsen is the ONE...I like lots of others but I LOVE CANDACE, she can do any style and what she does is always awesome...and food network ACE of CAKES...cool show

"The Good Within Me Honors The Good Within You"
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #19
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
I enjoy house hunters international as well...what often strikes me is how the buyers, those from the US it seems, are all excited to have a home in another country...they go on about how they love the culture and 'the people' of the country...*yet* very often when they see the potential homes and make their comments, they compare them to US homes and the accustomed space and amenities...like they are looking to be in another country in an american home...it's just sort of interesting...

the house hunting shows are appealing and very popular...I am still puzzled about why they are such a hit...they are fun to watch...

I am not as into the redecorating shows....there was a show where two guys would pick things up from the garbage, make something new out of it, and then return it as a surprise to the folks who had thrown it out in the first place, that was a neat idea...I like seeing what people remake...
It's trueeeee, people will be in the coolest places on Earth and they want a US style house instead of taking the chance to live in the local culture. Cracks me up!

I do admit to being fascinated by the differences in bathrooms around the globe. Ha.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #20
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Yes....I always laugh, too, when Americans go into a 'foreign' kitchen find a 2 burner stove....and no dishwasher......

And there are the kitchens that are TOTALLY empty because when the formers left they REALLY MOVED IT ALL! lol That kills me!

We, as Americans, are definitely spoiled.

There is a show that I really can't tolerate (most of the time) and that's "Design On A Dime" (I think that's the one)...where they have a budge of what? $3??? And they are making coffee tables out of popsicle sticks or something heinous like that.....and lambshades out of PAPER??? HelLO? And yes...it might look good NOW, but what about next week?

I would never have that show come into my house (and I could use some help, mind You!)......and I LOVE popsicles!