Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #121
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Made carrot dogs today. I had been hearing about them for weeks/months now and decided why not.

Technically, the recipe suggests you marinate in the instant pot and then grill but the actual cooking could have been done on the stove or even a short time in the instant pot.

The carrots tasted and had the texture of a hot dog. AND it was so easy. Next time I am not going to peel the carrot and waste the good stuff.

We are a gluten free household so just dipped in yellow mustard and ate, along with some delicious corn on the cob.

https://www.brandnewvegan.com/recipes/smoky-vegan-carrot-dogs

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #122
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Using my IP a lot because it is entirely too hot to cook here.

Today I graduated. I used a different setting than the pressure cook or saute. I used steam!!

So proud of myself. LOL

Had a lot of cabbage to be used up so made Asian dumplings with cabbage, carrot, jicama, and mushrooms, and steamed them in the IP. So easy and delicious.

Next time we will add more spices to take it up a notch.

https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-asian-steamed-dumplings/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #123
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really curious about the instapots. Is there a brand that stands out? Where did you find yours?
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #124
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post
I'm really curious about the instapots. Is there a brand that stands out? Where did you find yours?
I have the Instant Pot and got it on sale at Costco. I like it because most recipes appear to be written for the features on this brand.

Otherwise, I have nothing to compare to because I have never used another brand and don't know anyone that has.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #125
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I have the Instant Pot and got it on sale at Costco. I like it because most recipes appear to be written for the features on this brand.

Otherwise, I have nothing to compare to because I have never used another brand and don't know anyone that has.
Thanks Andrea, I will check their website!
The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #126
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've decided I wouldn't use an InstaPot enough to justify the cost of purchasing one while working on digging myself out of debt. However, though J won't loan me hers (wise woman) she said she'll give me a recipe adapted for use in the crock pot she gifted me or make the dish for me until I am debt free. My son better not do anything to ruin their relationship. Tow the line Son, tow the line.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 07:35 PM   #127
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I made a squash souffle this evening. I steamed the squash and onions in the IP, beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then mixed up the ingredients in the IP bowl. Then I poured everything into a greased casserole dish and baked it in the oven.

While I was doing this, I wondered - could I bake the souffle in the IP bowl? I have the Crock-Pot brand IP with the non-stick surface. Can anyone think of any reason why it would not be a good idea to put my IP bowl in the oven?

Or better yet, can anyone speculate knowledgeably on what kind of settings I might be able to use to cook a souffle (i.e., a mixture that has eggs that is supposed to rise) in the IP itself? The settings work essentially the same as the Instant Pot brand.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 07-20-2019 at 07:37 PM.
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #128
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Using my IP a lot because it is entirely too hot to cook here.

Today I graduated. I used a different setting than the pressure cook or saute. I used steam!!

So proud of myself. LOL

Had a lot of cabbage to be used up so made Asian dumplings with cabbage, carrot, jicama, and mushrooms, and steamed them in the IP. So easy and delicious.

Oh! I love smothered cabbage and didn’t even think of this!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 04:21 AM   #129
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

When is an Instant Pot not an Instant Pot? When it's an air fryer...

I have been wanting an air fryer but not wanting another appliance to take up more space. So, I was highly intrigued when someone on a WFPB FB page was talking about this "thing" she had bought which you use on your Instant Pot to make it an air fryer. What? I bought one. On Prime Day. Where has an air fryer been all my life? I love it!!! Now I have only been cooking tofu with it and am graduating to vegetables this week, so experience it limited. But I do love it so far. I told my son he should try reheating his wings and things in there. This may sound stupid but this is huge for me. I miss biting into something hot with a crunchy texture. Since I do not use oil, baking it okay, but never quite gets that crunchy exterior on roasted vegetables and tofu. I am hoping that I can air fry brussel sprouts next and have something reminiscent of what I used to get when roasting with olive oil. So anyway.here is a link. It's on Amazon too.

https://mealthy.com/products/mealthy...WyZlUL29uAxtv0
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 06:10 AM   #130
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently obsessed with cooking corn on the cob in the Instant Pot. I hadn't made it in years because I find it to be a PIA on the stove top and never consistent in results. And because I stopped using any kind of vegan butter I thought it would be boring... But now it's easy, just a cup of water, a trivet, corn, one minute on manual, quick release and viola, perfect every time. And I sprinkle fresh lime juice and some creole seasoning on it.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 AM   #131
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
When is an Instant Pot not an Instant Pot? When it's an air fryer...

I have been wanting an air fryer but not wanting another appliance to take up more space. So, I was highly intrigued when someone on a WFPB FB page was talking about this "thing" she had bought which you use on your Instant Pot to make it an air fryer. What? I bought one. On Prime Day. Where has an air fryer been all my life? I love it!!! Now I have only been cooking tofu with it and am graduating to vegetables this week, so experience it limited. But I do love it so far. I told my son he should try reheating his wings and things in there. This may sound stupid but this is huge for me. I miss biting into something hot with a crunchy texture. Since I do not use oil, baking it okay, but never quite gets that crunchy exterior on roasted vegetables and tofu. I am hoping that I can air fry brussel sprouts next and have something reminiscent of what I used to get when roasting with olive oil. So anyway.here is a link. It's on Amazon too.

https://mealthy.com/products/mealthy...WyZlUL29uAxtv0
Thanks for tellling us about this air fryer for pressure cookers, TF. I’m going to get one at Amazon. It’s a free-return item at Amazon so that makes it worthwhile for me.

Here’s a link to a smallish cookbook for this air fryer at Amazon I’m getting, too. I think it willl be a good starting point for me:
https://www.amazon.com/Mealthy-Crisp...gateway&sr=8-2.

I haven’t been happy with any air fryers I’ve had (difficult to clean, non-stick material chips, too smokey, one more appliance, etc.) but this looks like it might work for me.

Thanks again
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 07:43 AM   #132
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Thanks for tellling us about this air fryer for pressure cookers, TF. I’m going to get one at Amazon. It’s a free-return item at Amazon so that makes it worthwhile for me.

Here’s a link to a smallish cookbook for this air fryer at Amazon I’m getting, too. I think it willl be a good starting point for me:

I haven’t been happy with any air fryers I’ve had (difficult to clean, non-stick material chips, too smokey, one more appliance, etc.) but this looks like it might work for me.

Thanks again
I agree with the smoke for the air fryer. This happens when I do wings. I also agree with the cleaning of it. It makes a mess and while I can take the basket and bucket out, soak and clean but the machine itself cannot be cleaned. It is true it is a big bulky machine too. So is the instant pot.

Even with that I love them both and without them we would have less hot meals.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #133
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

So, air frying, do things really get crispy???? I love crispy crunchy, but I'm not a huge fan of the effects of oil frying. What's your opinion?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #134
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post
So, air frying, do things really get crispy???? I love crispy crunchy, but I'm not a huge fan of the effects of oil frying. What's your opinion?
Yes. The air fryer is particularly good at food that is already coated and needs reheating (frozen foods like nuggets, fried, etc). It's also great at warming up leftovers. dee cooks chicken wings and such in the air fryer and yes, it's crispy too.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #135
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I want an instapot, are they worth it? and an air fryer. Thoughts?
Old 07-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #136
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I think instapots run about $80. You can get them on sale for less. For that price, to replace a crock pot, rice cooker, steamer, pressure cooker, etc. I think it's well worth it. There are oodles of recipe's online so I'd ask myself what I'm likely to use it to cook. I had never heard of an add-on air fryer so we bought ours separately (actually they were both wedding moving gifts). If it works the same as our separate one, it's GREAT. What would you use it for (we fry chicken, cook fish and reheat leftovers in ours)?

The real question is what size instapot to get lol.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #137
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wow, I am so going to make those...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #138
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
In my case, it took the place of three other items that I used regularly (rice cooker, pressure cooker and crock pot). So it cleared up that much room in my kitchen. It was worth it for that alone. But I was surprised that I like the rice made in the IP better than the rice in the rice cooker; they're similar if I'm making 3/4 cup of rice or less, but for larger amounts the IP is superior.

I'm a big fan of pressure cooking and always have been. It imparts a deep flavor to foods that is difficult to achieve otherwise (other than with a cast iron dutch oven and hours and hours of slow cooking) - and no, I didn't get rid of my Le Creuset. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I have no opinion on air fryers. I don't think I'd personally use one enough to justify the cost.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2019, 05:28 AM   #139
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It's worth it for me and I'm glad I bought mine. Found it at Amazon at a great price and I use it at least once a week. I use it for boiling eggs, making soups, infusing butter, sterlizing jars I use for body butters, making beans, cooking frozen foods ... I'm looking forward to making the dumplings Andrea wrote about and the mushroom soup TF posted. I have no regrets about my purchase.

I'm not crazy about the air fryers, but just bought an air fryer add-on gadget for my instant pot. We'll see how it goes. Good luck.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2019, 05:46 AM   #140
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

Thanks again
Last night I made some lemon-pepper wings with the new air-fryer gadget and they were tasty. I marinated them for a couple hours in olive oil, lemon juice, seasonings and cooked them for 20 minutes on each side at 375. They were crispy but not burnt. I made a point of not cooking them at 500 degrees to avoid the smoke. They were a little overdone on the inside, but I’ll adjust the time and temperature tonight when I make some more. Think I’ll make buffalo wings tonight.

It was easy to clean but there’s a stainless steel part that may not be easy to clean after many uses. I’m not too worried about that.

This one is a keeper and am glad I bought it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: