Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #41
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
Samarai...it all depends on why they are coloring wherever they are coloring. Outside of the lines can be independence showing, creativity, or stubbornness, rebelliousness, or even a neurological disorder. It could mean they are exploring feelings or having too many feelings stuffed.

What I looked for was color selection, pressure, thickness of lines, movement and images freely formed subconsciously.

I always asked them their interpretation first, before I would examine it closer. I can see red as a color of anger and to the child, it could be a memory of the red blanket he carried around as a child and lost...which is tied into the grief now over losing his mother to alcoholism..(true story).

And for the record, almost all anger has a sense of loss attached to it. So sometimes even if they dont see the anger it there and sometimes its all about the blankie...

I had a child who would only color with greens. I gave him a box of crayons with no greens it and told him to draw me a picture. if you could have seen the torment on his face and how hard he processed this for such a long time...he simply could not do it without green. OCD. So I got finger paints and we explored putting colors together and seeing them change colors. Then we got water and food coloring..and he watched blue and yellow turn to green. By the time we were done with my therapy with him, he was using a couple more colors. Not all of them but lil steps is good. And not everyone has to use all the colors. In one culture, (I dont remember where) they only see three colors. Period. Shades of them but no other colors. So perceptions play a big part of it. If he had been older we would have explored this too. But I only had a few week with him...
That's most fascinating and elucidating, thank you! It makes me want to learn more about this. I had no idea that the deceptively simple process of watching colours mixing could be so revealing and therapeutic.
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #42
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
You are so talented! I love your drawings! Feel like they should be in a comic!

I have to make a request A pinup inspired femme and a dapper butch.

Cannot wait to see more of your art!
Thank you Stone4play and I are going to attempt a comic collaboration, so maybe, just maybe...!

Pin-up femme and dapper butch are getting the votes, so I shall give it a go once I google, uh, what the terms mean LOL.</newbie moment>
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #43
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
I'm going to ask a question - what if anything makes this image queer other than we know it to be queer.
Fantastic question! I'm interested to know too.

From this artist's perspective...

When I first showed the pic to some non-queer friends, they jokingly said, "Huh, you're drawing normal guy-girl now... That one's a total dude." I said, "Yeah. I thought I liked femslash, turns out I'm just another sucker for good ol' fashioned romance... with a twist." It's been a challenge and a fascination to find that elusive balance of masculinity and femininity in BF art. For 'Beach Splash', as well as 'Evening Wear', my foremost inspiration was based on a femme sentiment I've read in a few threads discussing butch masculinity. It went along the lines of "Why butches? If you like masculine so much, why not go with guys," and the reply was, "Because they have all the traits I want in a man, and not the ones that I don't want." I've been pondering on what that might mean, and dabbled in it through art with varying degrees of success. A man... who's not a man. Am still pondering.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #44
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
What I so often read about is the many visual artists stating they painted/drew the figure because they (artist) were trying to convey a thought/feeling/idea. Almost a voyeuristic experience with the subject which can sometimes leave the viewer feeling a coolness or almost clinical approach to the work. Your drawings are very engaging and seem (to me) intimate without being intrusive. Thank you so much for sharing these with us!
Perhaps that's the "essence" that Miss Tia referred to. When I feel a distance to the subject matter, and then try to force myself into the work, I end up drained afterwards. When I feel a connection though, it's a joy. So it's my pleasure to share the sketches here, and I also feel a lot less weird that I'm not the only one who likes them!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #45
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I would be into seeing a drawing of a butch or a femme or some combo where one or more is full-figured

Loving this thread as well as all the great conversation your mad talent is generating.
BBW is a new theme for me, but I'm working towards incorporating some into my work, stay tuned!

Me too, I'm loving the conversations and learning about BFism (is that a word?) in an art context.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #46
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default Request: Core Connection

Requested by LadyRieinAL:

"There is a core connection, the place where butterflies are made, the brain and the pelvic area release passion and fire."

It was a challenging request. I hope you like it
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #47
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Wanderer View Post
That's most fascinating and elucidating, thank you! It makes me want to learn more about this. I had no idea that the deceptively simple process of watching colours mixing could be so revealing and therapeutic.
yes and it could have been used further into therapy too...such as aiding him to understand the concept of "blended" families such as his own. Kids are conceptual if they dont have language capabilities. They wont grasp the abstract of it until they are older than he was but the image remains and will be stored until it can be processed then..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #48
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I like good ol' chivalry. Just that sometimes it seems politically incorrect nowadays to show "damsels in distress" so blatantly. It's still around when men run the show, but don't women find it degrading? ... And now Twilight comes to mind. I dunno LOL.
You did post a solo femme image. Perhaps you could post a solo butch image with cues suggesting a conflict prior to the image (like still wiping blood from her mouth, or whatever), or the butch and the opponent she prevails over, or the butch and her steed--I could go on. The strong, heroic image of the butch is still present, but not necessarily alongside the portrayal of a disempowered femme.

Jus' throwin' that out there.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #49
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

My request:

curled up in bed, not sexy but sweet (one of my fave moments)

or

gently touching her face and just taking her in

Yes, I am a sucker for sweetness

YOU are so damn talented! If you ever decide to publish these, please put me down for a copy of the book?

Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #50
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison W View Post
You did post a solo femme image. Perhaps you could post a solo butch image with cues suggesting a conflict prior to the image (like still wiping blood from her mouth, or whatever), or the butch and the opponent she prevails over, or the butch and her steed--I could go on. The strong, heroic image of the butch is still present, but not necessarily alongside the portrayal of a disempowered femme.

Jus' throwin' that out there.
That makes a whole lot of sense. It'd be great to find out more about what would be empowerment for femmes.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #51
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
My request:

curled up in bed, not sexy but sweet (one of my fave moments)

or

gently touching her face and just taking her in

Yes, I am a sucker for sweetness

YOU are so damn talented! If you ever decide to publish these, please put me down for a copy of the book?

Noted Sweetness is always in fashion in my books!

Thank you muchly. A book would be awesome cool, though I'm taking this as a learning process at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #52
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default Request: Silver Moon

Got a little overambitious for this one, so took a while. Here is horsey pic! In colour. Sort of. I tried.

For pinkgeek: Discuss
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

OMG! THis is exquisite!!! OMG! I want a copy!!!

Quote:

Got a little overambitious for this one, so took a while. Here is horsey pic! In colour. Sort of. I tried.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #54
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That makes a whole lot of sense. It'd be great to find out more about what would be empowerment for femmes.
In an image, my thoughts would be: standing/sitting up perfectly straight (because I think slouching takes away your power), chin tilted up a bit (almost snobby but not), heels (because it is me) and a hint of a smile.

Just my $.02.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #55
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Quote:
I like good ol' chivalry. Just that sometimes it seems politically incorrect nowadays to show "damsels in distress" so blatantly. It's still around when men run the show, but don't women find it degrading? ... And now Twilight comes to mind. I dunno LOL.
To me, it depends on the situation. When I am with mine, he "tends" to me like a gentleman would attend a lady. And I can assure you, he and I both know who runs the show

Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #56
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I'm not sure what we said to make you post your Big Damn Masterpiece here but holy shit I am glad you did

EDIT: requesting desktop-wallpaper-sized version of that picture, like, ermahgerd
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #57
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

This is lovely!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wow would love to have this in my living room. Love it.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #59
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Default Silver Moon - Wallpapers

Golly goshlings, your responses make me squee.

I made a couple of wallpapers for you:

1600x1200 for Normal (squarish) screens

1920x1200 for Widescreen

They might not fit perfectly, and you might have to stretch-proportionately to make it fit your screen resolution, but it should be better than the one I originally posted.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #60
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Quote:
Golly goshlings, your responses make me squee.

I made a couple of wallpapers for you:

1600x1200 for Normal (squarish) screens

1920x1200 for Widescreen

They might not fit perfectly, and you might have to stretch-proportionately to make it fit your screen resolution, but it should be better than the one I originally posted.
respect, much love
The Following User Says Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:

Tags
butch art, butch-femme art, butch-femme couples, femme art, lesbian art