Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #41
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Decided my first use of my pot would be something simple and wouldn't you know it, I screwed it up.

Shucked the corn, re-read the directions, set the corn on the steamer plate, and poured in two cups of water.

Forgot the inner pot.

The electronics are now drying off and the uncooked corn is in the fridge.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #42
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Decided my first use of my pot would be something simple and wouldn't you know it, I screwed it up.

Shucked the corn, re-read the directions, set the corn on the steamer plate, and poured in two cups of water.

Forgot the inner pot.

Oops...next time will go better.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #43
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Forgot the inner pot.

Oh gosh!!!! I hope you tried again! I can tell you I have almost done this several time.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:45 PM   #44
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I cooked the corn today and it came out fabulous. If we didn't already have a full of leftovers fridge, I would be looking for something else to make.

Thinking something with pasta and veggies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2018, 08:57 PM   #45
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I cooked the corn today and it came out fabulous. If we didn't already have a full of leftovers fridge, I would be looking for something else to make.

Thinking something with pasta and veggies.

i’m so happy to hear this !
Old 10-13-2018, 08:20 AM   #46
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

I have made corn on the cob, artichokes, and chicken burrito bowl. All turned out fabulous although I will be tweaking the burrito bowl recipe to our liking next time.

Last night was supposed to be hamburger stroganoff but upon gathering the ingredients, I learned there were only three mushrooms. Not nearly enough.

Will be going to the store for mushrooms today and make the stroganoff tonight.

We don't eat flour pasta here so we will have it over baked red potatoes.

Thinking boneless pork chops next.

Love my new toy.

Ohhhh.... had to order a steam diverter because I can't remember to quick release safely. Should arrive soon. In the meantime, watch here for scald reports. LOL

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #47
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

My son's gf really wants one. She saw them while we were out the other day and just stood there all transfixed. I have to remember to tell my son when he gets here today. I think I'll let him buy her one for the holidays, then watch how she does with making stuff in it before deciding on whether or not to buy one for myself. If he does buy her one for the holidays then I'll buy her some accessories to go with it. Some of the foil pans Dee suggested and maybe a steam diverter thing, whatever that is, like Andrea mentioned. I'm wondering if there are any other accessories people use and find handy to have on hand, and if they're happy or not with the model/size they chose?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #48
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
My son's gf really wants one. She saw them while we were out the other day and just stood there all transfixed. I have to remember to tell my son when he gets here today. I think I'll let him buy her one for the holidays, then watch how she does with making stuff in it before deciding on whether or not to buy one for myself. If he does buy her one for the holidays then I'll buy her some accessories to go with it. Some of the foil pans Dee suggested and maybe a steam diverter thing, whatever that is, like Andrea mentioned. I'm wondering if there are any other accessories people use and find handy to have on hand, and if they're happy or not with the model/size they chose?
We have the egg rack too. It lets us cook a dozen eggs at once.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #49
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
If you google it, you will see a LOT of options for accessories.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #50
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Oh i think this would be great!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #51
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I have the 8qt size, and it works as well for small portions as it does for large portions....even with my limited space in our travel trailer, i’m glad I bought the biggest size.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 10:22 PM   #52
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I have the 8qt size, and it works as well for small portions as it does for large portions....even with my limited space in our travel trailer, i’m glad I bought the biggest size.
Yes and like it says, you aren’t cooking all of the 8 quarts, so if you plan on cooking 6 quarts you need the bigger one.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:02 PM   #53
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

The tips are really helpful. They've got plenty of space and she'll use it a lot, especially if the larger one can be set to cook smaller amounts without wasting a lot of energy. I think then I'll have him get her the larger unit and I'll look into the accessories mentioned. Thanks
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #54
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The tips are really helpful. They've got plenty of space and she'll use it a lot, especially if the larger one can be set to cook smaller amounts without wasting a lot of energy. I think then I'll have him get her the larger unit and I'll look into the accessories mentioned. Thanks
This weeks flier for Fred Meyer features the 6 qt one on sale for $79.99. There is also an 20% coupon to use in addition by the looks of it. Sales starts today and runs for the next 7 days! Never to early to start one's Christmas shopping..
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #55
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wait for sales nearer to Christmas if price is an issue, because the 8qt is really worth having.

I bought mine at Walmart for $99 on sale...the extra few dollars is worth the ability to cook up to a 12lb turkey!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 08:07 PM   #56
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Wait for sales nearer to Christmas if price is an issue, because the 8qt is really worth having.

I bought mine at Walmart for $99 on sale...the extra few dollars is worth the ability to cook up to a 12lb turkey!
Also,

Kohls has them on sale at times for 89.99 and they always have coupons.. i got one for someone in my fam for 79.99 -free shipping
Old 10-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #57
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Made baked potatoes in my IP last night. Came out perfect with almost no effort.

Making yogurt today. Seems very easy, especially after watching the video on this page. http://www.friedalovesbread.com/2017/06/easy-cold-start-yogurt-no-boil-method.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR0VNKpKzAU2CqCQ8R-jttXvZs9kOf1Uyjzuzp_Xn6lLpLOR9ylH4wbU1Oc

I belong to a FB group called Instant Pot 101 for Beginners and have learned a lot especially since most questions are asked over and over. LOL

The group has posted a recipe for Crack Chicken a few times. Has anyone here made it? https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/10/04/instant-pot-crack-chicken/?fbclid=IwAR2LYYHEvR1V2Lv43eiX0sk_JfVwWZbp2qRLdB_m Gws-v1P-we7JKx4y9WY

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #58
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I made the best vegan cream of mushroom soup this morning and it took less than 20 minutes in the Instapot.

https://twosleevers.com/cream-of-mushroom-soup/
(I did not put jalapeno in it, used two cups of shiitake and two cups of button mushrooms, and substituted the cream with coconut cream)
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #59
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Made baked potatoes in my IP last night. Came out perfect with almost no effort.

Making yogurt today. Seems very easy, especially after watching the video on this page. http://www.friedalovesbread.com/2017/06/easy-cold-start-yogurt-no-boil-method.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR0VNKpKzAU2CqCQ8R-jttXvZs9kOf1Uyjzuzp_Xn6lLpLOR9ylH4wbU1Oc

I belong to a FB group called Instant Pot 101 for Beginners and have learned a lot especially since most questions are asked over and over. LOL

The group has posted a recipe for Crack Chicken a few times. Has anyone here made it? https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/10/04/instant-pot-crack-chicken/?fbclid=IwAR2LYYHEvR1V2Lv43eiX0sk_JfVwWZbp2qRLdB_m Gws-v1P-we7JKx4y9WY
i def want to try crack chicken!
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #60
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Out of charcoal and since i deep cleaned the stove today, it was decided i would make hamburgers in the IP.

My honey was skeptical about steamed burgers but wasn't up to cooking anything anyway so didn't have a choice.

Seasoned only with pepper. individually wrapped each burger in foil and pressure cooked on high for 10 minutes. Added a slice of Colby cheese as soon as they were done.

Juicy and tasty. Will have again. Going to add pre-cooked bits of bacon in the ground beef next time.

Anyone else tried burgers? What did you put in yours?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post: