Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #4001
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

So, the packages all went out this morning, and the US ones should all arrive Monday, the Canada one will take longer. Whoooo hoo!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #4002
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Great to hear, Nanners! Were there any people who dropped out or did you end up receiving them all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
So, the packages all went out this morning, and the US ones should all arrive Monday, the Canada one will take longer. Whoooo hoo!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #4003
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So, I'm poking my nose in here and wondering about the next exchange. Ya see, its that time of year for me ..... I'll be heading to Canada for the summer vacation on July 5th and I would love to be able to mail something in for an exchange like I did last year. I'm wondering if anyone has some ideas about this. I'm not able to wrangle an exchange as I'm more of a follower for this type of activity. I consider myself to be an okay participant in that I'm able to make the deadline. More importantly, having something sent to me in Canada would be less expensive than postage to and from China. Any thoughts??

Oh, and yes, I acknowledge y'all are in the middle of a project but I believe that will end soon. Again, this is just my wonderings and hoping that there might be a project in which I can participate.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #4004
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post

An Artist Trading Card (ATC) is a 2.5" x 3.5" mini work of art. An "Inchie" is the same but even smaller, 1" by 1" piece of art. A half inchie is a .5" by .5" piece of art. Tiny, tiny, tiny! Max of 10 people have signed up. That means you make 9.

There are no requirements for how you decorate your half inchies, but please only decorate one side, and write your name lightly in pencil on the back of each half inchie. If you want to specify who each half inchie is for, then write that on the back too (Practice your tiny script!). They can be ornate or very simple, whatever pleases your inner child. Please include 1 dollar (an actual dollar, no checks or money orders) for mailing costs.

Please get them to me by the end of April. I will mail them out May 1st COME HELL OR HIGH WATER, so don't even think of being late. Also, I live in a building that will not sign for packages, and my husbutch and I work so DO NOT send them with any requirement for receiving in person or signing for delivery. I will not deal with the horrible nyc post office and so it will wait and come right back to you.

1. nycfem/Jennifer
2. CCB
3.Besame
4. nanners
5. okieblu
6. Tommi
7. Medusa
8. Ts_kaijira
9.suzanne (ami)
10. Gemme
I'm done!

I kept it simple so I wouldn't stress myself out and they actually came out kinda neat. I broke the rules though. I couldn't use pencil on the back, so I just put a big ole G on the back in marker so folks will know which end is up, cuz my design's a bit confusing. I made extras in case something fell off of one or got messed up. If all of them come to you fine, please send any leftovers back.

I'll mail them in the next couple of days.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #4005
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

*bumping* my Q to Nanners so it doesn't get lost.

Quote:
Great to hear, Nanners! Were there any people who dropped out or did you end up receiving them all?
Sis, what dates will you be in Canada? Then we can make sure the next project fits in so that you can participate. I know I always miss it when you are not participating.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #4006
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oops, Sorry nycfem....Sweet Bliss and Soft_Silver never got their projects to me so I am assuming they both dropped out.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #4007
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Okay, thanks, Nanners. Can't wait to see the projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Oops, Sorry nycfem....Sweet Bliss and Soft_Silver never got their projects to me so I am assuming they both dropped out.

How do I... ?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #4008
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Sis, what dates will you be in Canada? Then we can make sure the next project fits in so that you can participate. I know I always miss it when you are not participating.
I will arrive on Saturday, July 5th but will only be able to get to a post office on Monday, July 7th. I will come with my 'stuff' ready to be posted. I leave around August 9th to head back to China. I'm thinking that my items would pretty much arrive at the wrangler's home within a couple of weeks. In order to receive something before I leave for China, the wrangler would probably have to send something to me right away as it takes a few weeks to get to Canada - our mail system is ssllooowwww! I do enjoy participating but I'm also okay drooling from afar if the time period isn't conducive for a project.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #4009
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got my package, despite my mail carrier's best efforts to rip it up by cramming it into a too small box.

Lovely work and there's a sweet piece of artwork prominently displayed on my fridge now.

My work is on its way to Jennifer as of lunch time today. For once, I'm not in the back of the pack.

Remember, there's no wiggle room on the deadline this time. The wrangler said come 'Hell or high water'.

That means bidnazz.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #4010
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

YAY!!! I received everyone's art work and wow y'all are so talented!!! I hope y'all liked mine just a smudge as much as I like yours!! Thank y'all very much!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2014, 09:59 PM   #4011
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,516 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I received my mail today as well! Now I want to know who's is who. Why didn't you sign it? Hmmmmm

Mine..large pink with 9 Inchies , with paper lace.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #4012
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I got my project today and I am so enjoying everyones work!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2014, 04:18 AM   #4013
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I received my mail today as well! Now I want to know who's is who. Why didn't you sign it? Hmmmmm

Mine..large pink with 9 Inchies , with paper lace.
I think all of those I got were labeled. I had to look in some nooks and crannies for it, but it's there, except for one and that lead to a little deductive reasoning on my end. I'm getting lazy in my old age, so there are a lot from me that are just marked 'G' on the back.

Hint: mine came in a big envelope with two individual pieces in it and everyone's name stickered on the front and a flower sticker sealing the back.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #4014
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Who made the amazing little book?

Who made the coloring book page?

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #4015
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Deb, tell us a date you want the next project due, and then whomever wrangles the next project can make that the due date. It would be great to have you in the next round and take advantage of you being in Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
I will arrive on Saturday, July 5th but will only be able to get to a post office on Monday, July 7th. I will come with my 'stuff' ready to be posted. I leave around August 9th to head back to China. I'm thinking that my items would pretty much arrive at the wrangler's home within a couple of weeks. In order to receive something before I leave for China, the wrangler would probably have to send something to me right away as it takes a few weeks to get to Canada - our mail system is ssllooowwww! I do enjoy participating but I'm also okay drooling from afar if the time period isn't conducive for a project.

Deb

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #4016
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Who made the amazing little book?

Who made the coloring book page?
The book is mine but it should have come inside a sealed envelope with the paper and fabric flower. I also marked the back with a G. Did you not get that?

I surmised (sp?) that the coloring book page was Deb's.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #4017
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yes I did, Gemme, but just had a brain fart type of moment, thank you. And I think you are correct in your surmising about which was Deb's.

How do I... ?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #4018
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Yes I did, Gemme, but just had a brain fart type of moment, thank you. And I think you are correct in your surmising about which was Deb's.

Oh good!!! I was worried for a second there.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #4019
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Deb, tell us a date you want the next project due, and then whomever wrangles the next project can make that the due date. It would be great to have you in the next round and take advantage of you being in Canada!
I can plan on sending my items by a quick service through Canada Post on Monday, July 7th. I anticipate they should be there by the following Monday at the latest (July 14th). If everything could be in by Friday, July 18th. That would allow the wrangler a few days to do the sorting and then mailing of our work. This timeline should allow USPS to get the work to me before I leave Canada. Otherwise, any delays in the deadline would mean a special service would have to be used and that is costly.

Deb

Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following User Says Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #4020
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

So maybe the due date for the next project, or the one after it if there's a quickie in between, should be July 15th to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
I can plan on sending my items by a quick service through Canada Post on Monday, July 7th. I anticipate they should be there by the following Monday at the latest (July 14th). If everything could be in by Friday, July 18th. That would allow the wrangler a few days to do the sorting and then mailing of our work. This timeline should allow USPS to get the work to me before I leave Canada. Otherwise, any delays in the deadline would mean a special service would have to be used and that is costly.

Deb

How do I... ?

Tags
artists, creative types