Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > THE FLUFFY STUFF: FLIRTING, HUMOR, CHAT

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #241
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 19,650
Thanks: 13,442
Thanked 20,161 Times in 9,391 Posts
Rep Power: 21474864
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I just saw the trailer for The Post and can hardly wait to see it
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #242
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
 
Kätzchen's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: pearly skies
Posts: 10,485
Thanks: 37,373
Thanked 19,660 Times in 6,565 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I just saw the trailer for The Post and can hardly wait to see it
The Post (2017)

Starring: Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep.

__________________
Kätzchen
🐝💜🐝
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #243
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 19,650
Thanks: 13,442
Thanked 20,161 Times in 9,391 Posts
Rep Power: 21474864
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The movie is based on the true story of Molly Bloom, a beautiful, young, Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknown to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led people to believe. Opens Christmas Day.
A friend here on the site told me she saw the book based on this as well. Yesterday I scanned the book now I have the delima if I want to read the book first or wait for the movie then read it.....decisions decisions
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #244
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 19,650
Thanks: 13,442
Thanked 20,161 Times in 9,391 Posts
Rep Power: 21474864
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The movie is based on the true story of Molly Bloom, a beautiful, young, Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknown to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led people to believe. Opens Christmas Day.
A friend here on the site told me she saw the book based on this as well. Yesterday I scanned the book now I have the delima if I want to read the book first or wait for the movie then read it.....decisions decisions
Among her clientele were Hollywood heavyweights Ben Affleck, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.
Bloom says that Affleck was a smart gambler and 'tall and handsome' Maguire was a bad loser and a terrible tipper, she says, who once demanded that she bark 'like a seal' for a tip
'A-Rod was a novice player, but there’s something that happens to grown men, no matter how successful they are, when a professional athlete comes into the room,' Bloom said of baseballer Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez wasn't an experienced player, but his presence at the table thrilled the other gamblers.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #245
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
 
Kätzchen's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: pearly skies
Posts: 10,485
Thanks: 37,373
Thanked 19,660 Times in 6,565 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The movie is based on the true story of Molly Bloom, a beautiful, young, Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknown to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led people to believe. Opens Christmas Day.
A friend here on the site told me she saw the book based on this as well. Yesterday I scanned the book now I have the delima if I want to read the book first or wait for the movie then read it.....decisions decisions
Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Among her clientele were Hollywood heavyweights Ben Affleck, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.
Bloom says that Affleck was a smart gambler and 'tall and handsome' Maguire was a bad loser and a terrible tipper, she says, who once demanded that she bark 'like a seal' for a tip
'A-Rod was a novice player, but there’s something that happens to grown men, no matter how successful they are, when a professional athlete comes into the room,' Bloom said of baseballer Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez wasn't an experienced player, but his presence at the table thrilled the other gamblers.
yep yep, I saw that book at Powell's Book store in the new release section and it's definitely a movie I want to see next month!
__________________
Kätzchen
🐝💜🐝
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #246
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 19,650
Thanks: 13,442
Thanked 20,161 Times in 9,391 Posts
Rep Power: 21474864
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
yep yep, I saw that book at Powell's Book store in the new release section and it's definitely a movie I want to see next month!
What do you think? See the movie first or read the book first?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #247
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
 
Kätzchen's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: pearly skies
Posts: 10,485
Thanks: 37,373
Thanked 19,660 Times in 6,565 Posts
Rep Power: 21474854
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
What do you think? See the movie first or read the book first?
I would say read the book first!

I say that because films / movies are often ADAPTED from the book version. For example, Big Little Lies was a book first, before HBO adapted an initial series after the book. I actually saw the HBO show first. But when I read the book, I discovered that the HBO series followed some of the story, but not exactly. In the case of Big Little Lies, I loved both the book and the HBO series, but because I watched the series first, it wrecked the original story for me. lol .

Anyway, yes, in the case of Molly's Game, I'd rather read the book first, then go see the movie!
__________________
Kätzchen
🐝💜🐝
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #248
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 19,650
Thanks: 13,442
Thanked 20,161 Times in 9,391 Posts
Rep Power: 21474864
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I would say read the book first!

I say that because films / movies are often ADAPTED from the book version. For example, Big Little Lies was a book first, before HBO adapted an initial series after the book. I actually saw the HBO show first. But when I read the book, I discovered that the HBO series followed some of the story, but not exactly. In the case of Big Little Lies, I loved both the book and the HBO series, but because I watched the series first, it wrecked the original story for me. lol .

Anyway, yes, in the case of Molly's Game, I'd rather read the book first, then go see the movie!
Yup, that's the conclusion I've reached as well! I read Big Little Lies first then watched the mini-series and when the series ended I felt they left so many unanswered questions that I was glad I had read it first!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #249
Orema
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Femme Noire
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Partnered
 
Orema's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: In California where the rocks kiss the sky.
Posts: 8,483
Thanks: 28,603
Thanked 21,087 Times in 5,117 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mudbound

WARNING: Triggers



Another film by Dee Rees

Premiering November 17
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #250
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 19,650
Thanks: 13,442
Thanked 20,161 Times in 9,391 Posts
Rep Power: 21474864
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13 AM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2013