Notices

Old 09-04-2020, 04:26 PM   #1
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Outlander

I'm a crazy Outlander fan and have lost count how many times I've binged all five seasons#NoShame I know I can't be the only one. So to help get through Droughtlander until season six is released, which could be a very long time due to the pandemic, I thought an Outlander thread would be a fun place to hang out.

Worse villain?
  • Black Jack Randall
  • Stephen Bonnet
  • Governor Tryon
  • Lionel Brown
To me, Lionel Brown is the most despicable character followed by Black Jack Randall. I had such a difficult time watching the episodes he was in and of course, especially the season finale. So very hard to watch.

Favorite Season?
Of course, Season one. It is hard to choose but I love the rich Scotland storyline and the characters were so incredible, each and every one.

Favorite Romance?
  • Jamie & Claire
  • Brianna & Roger
  • Murtagh & Jocasta
Without question, Jamie and Claire but I did love Murtagh & Jocasta a lot.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=VintageFemme;1274289]

I'm a crazy Outlander fan and have lost count how many times I've binged all five seasons#NoShame I know I can't be the only one. So to help get through Droughtlander until season six is released, which could be a very long time due to the pandemic, I thought an Outlander thread would be a fun place to hang out.

Worse villain?
  • Black Jack Randall
  • Stephen Bonnet
  • Governor Tryon
  • Lionel Brown
To me, Lionel Brown is the most despicable character followed by Black Jack Randall. I had such a difficult time watching the episodes he was in and of course, especially the season finale. So very hard to watch.

Favorite Season?
Of course, Season one. It is hard to choose but I love the rich Scotland storyline and the characters were so incredible, each and every one.

Favorite Romance?
  • Jamie & Claire
  • Brianna & Roger
  • Murtagh & Jocasta
Without question, Jamie and Claire but I did love Murtagh & Jocasta a lot.

I only have 4 seasons
We get seasons about 18 mths after the USA,and our streaming sites are useless.
I'm a fan of history so am having a Viking moment for now.
I watch my fav series ove n over bit in a certain order.
anyway I didn't answer any questions,but yeah,outlander is great.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Character Name Quiz

Old 09-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #4
Trinket_the_mouse2020

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

Trinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST Reputation

I am still on season three! Do you know if they will release all of the seasons on netflix? Also what about Dvd/blu-ray?
Trinket_the_mouse2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinket_the_mouse2020 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinket_the_mouse2020 View Post
I am still on season three! Do you know if they will release all of the seasons on netflix? Also what about Dvd/blu-ray?
Such a good season too. I suppose if this thread takes off, although it doesn't seem to have much interest, but if it does, we should probably add spoiler alert notes on posts that reference episodes, etc.

I don't know if Starz will release all the seasons on other streaming channels but you could probably get a free trial on Starz if you didn't want to subscribe, to see seasons four and five. Not sure about Dvd/blu-ray either, sorry.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
AlexF

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

AlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST Reputation

Season one, episode 5 is where I am.

I absolute love the scenary so far and my favourite part of yet is when Claire is standing in front of that stunning lake reciting John Donne. (that scene is very familiar)

Looking forward to more...
AlexF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexF For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #7
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
Season one, episode 5 is where I am.

I absolute love the scenary so far and my favourite part of yet is when Claire is standing in front of that stunning lake reciting John Donne. (that scene is very familiar)

Looking forward to more...
The landscape is breathtaking and that is a beautiful scene. I'm watching the finale of season five right now again, and there is a lifetime between where you are and where I am. Literally. If you ken what I mean.

If anyone wants to watch it from season one as a group and chat about it here, I would totally be up for that.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:43 PM   #8
AlexF

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

AlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
The landscape is breathtaking and that is a beautiful scene. I'm watching the finale of season five right now again, and there is a lifetime between where you are and where I am. Literally. If you ken what I mean.

If anyone wants to watch it from season one as a group and chat about it here, I would totally be up for that.
I would totally be up for that!
Old 09-09-2020, 09:06 PM   #9
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I would totally be up for that!
Exellent! Now that I've just finished the series in full, tonight. LoL!

I'll start anew tomorrow on season one, episode one because I don't want to skip ahead to episode five where you are. I'll binge watch it to catch up. Will you wait for me?

Anyone else want to join us?
Old 09-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #10
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds nuts but I'm watching "Roots"
Even though its old it's still really good.
we havn't got season 5 in Aust,and I'm waiting for it to be released,so I can watch all 5 again.
No sense in me following,but I can come back to this thread,if we ever get it in OZ LOL
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #11
Trinket_the_mouse2020

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

Trinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I'll start anew tomorrow on season one, episode one because I don't want to skip ahead to episode five where you are. I'll binge watch it to catch up. Will you wait for me?

Im actually game but I only have Saturdays and Sundays with my work schedule and I only have what is on netflix
Trinket_the_mouse2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinket_the_mouse2020 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #12
AlexF

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Quote:

Sure, I will wait for you.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:42 PM   #13
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Sure, I will wait for you.
Getting ready to settle in for pizza later and a binge night of Outlander, season 1.

I should be caught up by tomorrow!

P.s. I always always always sing along with the opening credits. LoL Doesn't everyone?!!
Old 09-11-2020, 09:45 PM   #14
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Aaaand caught up. Episode five, Rent finished.

Here are my topics/comments.

In the first episode, you see Jamie's ghost in Inverness 1948 during the storm. I've Googled this a lot. And there are so many theories but Diana Gabaldon, the author, says she will explain it in the last book but confirms it is Jamie's ghost. Hmmmmmm

Don't you love the Craigh na Dun druid dance? It's so beautifully filmed.

And while I'm at it, don't you love Rupert and Angus? hehe All of the characters are so rich and colorful. Collum, Dougal, Geillis, Mrs. Fitz et al And, Diana Gabaldon actually has a cameo appearance in the Gathering episode. She's the dark haired woman on the balcony that Mrs. Fitz comments how well she wore the same dress at the last Gathering lolol throwing shade in 1748.

I never get tired of the Scottish Highlands landscape, accents, period costumes, Gaelic words and notions, superstitions, etc. For over the top fans {not me!} there is an Outlander store online: https://www.outlanderstore.com with lots of fun stuff. Oh and did you recognize Castle Leoch? It's the same castle {Doune Castle} used in Game of Thrones. I haven't seen that one but I recognized it from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.