Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 12-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Reiki and Energy Healers?

Hello. I checked around on this forum and didn't see anything posted about Reiki and energy healing so I thought I'd start a discussion. I've just been attuned to Reiki level II and plan to go all the way up to Master level.

Anybody else into Reiki, either giving or receiving? What have been your experiences?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

What a wonderful idea, thank you.

I am attuned to Level 2 and awaiting the Reiki Master to rise to the next level with. My Reiki Master passed shortly after our time together so I feel truly blessed to have been given the gift of working with her.

Initially I wanted to practice so that I could put positive energy into the food that I was cooking for people who had been diagnosed with terminal illness, but the experience was so much greater and more powerful than I could ever have imagined. Especially during my last class when I had 7 people working on me. My life transformed after that in a fascinating way.

Being open to receiving healing energy is a wonderful thing and something that I both needed and felt called to practice.

Namaste'

Sun

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

i also am working on completing my level 2 .....i need more practice within myself....i can send energy to others ...and im open to receive energy but for some reason when i'm off balance myself i can't seem to always pull it into myself when its needed. any suggestions?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I discovered Reiki around ten years ago whilst studying Shiatsu and within a year or so of being attuned to Level 1 went on to become a Master myself (at which point the Shiatsu fell to the wayside). One of my main reasons for going all the way to Level 3 was the fact that it was very obvious to me at the time that some Masters were reluctant to attune to Level 3 because they were afraid - mainly for financial reasons - that it would impact on their 'business' (I mean, why give someone the tools to treat/attune others and lose potential business) and I wanted to be the exception. So, needless to say, I wasn't so popular with some of my peers.

I still feel the same way though. Reiki should never be about the money.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

@Sun: That's a beautiful story but I'm sorry your Reiki Master/Teacher passed away. That's terrible.

@Dread: I have the same difficulty. It is so much easier for to send healing energy to others than it is to send healing energy to myself. Not sure why that is in my case either. Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I still feel the same way though. Reiki should never be about the money.

Words
Absolutely! I agree 100%. The main reason I didn't do this years ago is because I didn't have even a quarter of the amount of money I would need to pay for it. It's still a struggle but it's something I really want to turn into a side business (I plan to charge on a sliding scale) so eventually, it will pay for itself.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love energy work of all kinds. If the practitioner is in the right space, have their own balance and well-being (which I think is very important for projecting energy work) then it can be very healing on so many levels. I enjoy reiki sounds and often listen to this with high quality headphones because I feel that sound is healing. Aligning chakras, focused visualization and meditation are wonderful ways for self healing.

Where's Ms Meander? She's an energy worker. I'm sure she'll mosey in soon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

and also Qi Gong is something to look into if you're into self healing. lots of videos on you tube and free stuff online.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreadPirateRoberts View Post
i also am working on completing my level 2 .....i need more practice within myself....i can send energy to others ...and im open to receive energy but for some reason when i'm off balance myself i can't seem to always pull it into myself when its needed. any suggestions?

My suggestion is to not over-think it. Keep practicing on yourself no matter what and it will flow, even if you think it's not working your intent alone is enough to make things happen. I practice on myself each day, at least for a few minutes in bed at night before I fall asleep and in the morning before I get up.

It is also sometimes helpful to come up with a mantra you say to yourself, in your head or aloud, to clarify your intent. Mine is generally some variation of - I am an open conduit for light and love to deliver to this beautiful being for their greatest good.

Sometimes visualization is also helpful. I sometimes envision, and often feel, energy in the form of light entering the top of my head, flowing throughout my body, and through my hands.

Again. Don't over-think it. Practice and trust.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #9
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you Girl on Fire

Many thanks Girl on Fire.

2nd degree here.

Practicing for many years now. I accept gifts in kind or donations.

My pets come to me for Reiki, after the initial shock of getting some

Started as empath.

When off balance I work on myself until resolved.

If hands bother you, incorporate more alive foods in your diet, eliminate grains and other stimulate/inflamation causing foods. Google it.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Cool

Ms. Meander, I love your story and your sig line. I've often felt the exact same way.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Many thanks Girl on Fire.

2nd degree here.

Practicing for many years now. I accept gifts in kind or donations.

My pets come to me for Reiki, after the initial shock of getting some

Started as empath.

When off balance I work on myself until resolved.

If hands bother you, incorporate more alive foods in your diet, eliminate grains and other stimulate/inflamation causing foods. Google it.
For me i have elliminated all grains, i'm hoping to soon feel a difference.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I have been using Reiki energy as a healing modem for close to 10 years now.

I was attuned to the 1st and 2nd degree in the same year, and stayed at the 2nd degree for a couple of years before receiving my attunement to Master. I had amazing experiences with both the 2nd attunement and when receiving my attunement to Master.

A few years back, I had a good friend who was terminal with melanoma. He swore the morphine and the other pain meds did no good and would call me, begging for me to "come and give me Reiki", which of course I would do.

It is amazing to see the full power of Reiki at work, like when it is used in an operating room to slow/stop bleeding during a very sensitive surgery, or when used on cancer patients, or on newborns who are born addicted to some drug.

Just my personal preference, but I have never charged for sharing this energy with another, I feel so honored to be a vessel for this most awesome energy.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Just my personal preference, but I have never charged for sharing this energy with another, I feel so honored to be a vessel for this most awesome energy.
I feel the same way about Reiki but the way my Master/Teacher explained it, it's important to charge at least something for it, even if it's a type of barter, since all healing professionals charge for their services and to not do it would mean being overwhelmed by requests to give so much for your time for nothing in return. It's a noble thought but unfortunately, does not translate into our monetary society. I wouldn't refuse somebody who couldn't afford it, however. I'd always find a way to work something out.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

This is why I stated that it is my personal preference to not charge anything. Every time we give Reiki, we also receive any healing that we need as that energy passes through us, that's enough payment for me...that and seeing the gratefulness and release from pain. The way I was taught and still believe is we are not the healers, merely the vessels for which the energy passes through. Were I to decide to teach the classes and give attunements, then I may choose to charge/barter for my time and knowledge.

I do however, support anyone's choice to charge or barter for Reiki services.

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I feel the same way about Reiki but the way my Master/Teacher explained it, it's important to charge at least something for it, even if it's a type of barter, since all healing professionals charge for their services and to not do it would mean being overwhelmed by requests to give so much for your time for nothing in return. It's a noble thought but unfortunately, does not translate into our monetary society. I wouldn't refuse somebody who couldn't afford it, however. I'd always find a way to work something out.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I was taught that without the exchange of money or some other token, the exchange of energy between the one giving Reiki and the one receiving it will be rendered less effective/incomplete.

When I was still treating and teaching on a regular basis, I started a group, which mainly consisted of others involved in various forms of healing, the idea originally being that we'd get together on a regular basis for a chat and some moral support. None of us were making a great deal of money and it soon became clear that although most of us were in need of some healing of our own, in the majority of cases, we simply couldn't afford it. It was then that I came up with the idea of 'paying' for treatments using a token system - I give you a Reiki session, you give me a token for a Reflexogy session, that kind of thing - and it proved very popular. So although money rarely changed hands, I felt I was fulfilling the requirement to 'charge' for the Reiki sessions and take care of my own well being as a practioner.

I really miss those days. They were great.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I have been using Reiki energy as a healing modem for close to 10 years now.

I was attuned to the 1st and 2nd degree in the same year, and stayed at the 2nd degree for a couple of years before receiving my attunement to Master. I had amazing experiences with both the 2nd attunement and when receiving my attunement to Master.

A few years back, I had a good friend who was terminal with melanoma. He swore the morphine and the other pain meds did no good and would call me, begging for me to "come and give me Reiki", which of course I would do.

It is amazing to see the full power of Reiki at work, like when it is used in an operating room to slow/stop bleeding during a very sensitive surgery, or when used on cancer patients, or on newborns who are born addicted to some drug.

ty for sharin that jesse....ive never charged either ...i work right now only with my partner & friends once in awhile....and they already do such much for me that i couldnt ask anythin in return for the lil bit of energy i send their way.....not even a barter however....if i was offered so much per session from the health dept etc say for providing my service ...i may consider it ...but the money would go back to things to help my growth or to benefit other people - oils, teas, natural suppliments , organic foods...or donate to a non profit organization
its def amazing to see the energy exchange help to heal someone who didnt think theyd ever get the opportunity to feel some relief
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #17
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

When i first started doing Reiki it was for my own enlightenment.

i became Reiki two so i could become even more attuned and reach further enlightenment. i struggled with charging people for my work. Then a teacher explained to me that my time is valuable, what i do is valuable, and it needs to have a price on it. SOmetimes that price is the knowing that i gave a gift, sometimes the price is a ego knowing someone feels better, sometimes it's a bottle of pinot noir and sometimes it's monetary.

The point is there should always be an exchange of some sort, because what we do has a value.

Thoughts?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
energy, healing, holistic, reiki