morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Bathroom Issue

I couldn't find a anything on the bathroom topics thats been going on.

Hope its ok to start one here.

Alabama ... seems to be joining NC ....

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/04/a...oom-ordinance/

OXFORD, Ala. — People in an Alabama city who use public restrooms intended for a gender other than what is listed on their birth certificate will be punished under an ordinance officials passed this week.

Oxford City Council President Steven Waits was quoted by news media outlets as saying the ordinance was a response to a new policy announced by Target Corp. last week allowing transgender employees and shoppers to use the restroom that matches their gender identity. There is a Target store in the Oxford Exchange shopping center.

Target representatives did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Wednesday. Target officials said on the company’s corporate blog April 19 that its stance on inclusion and equality was reiterated to employees amid heated national debate over laws that LGBT advocates say effectively legalize discrimination against transgender people.

The Oxford ordinance makes it a misdemeanor for a person to use a restroom that doesn’t correspond with their gender at birth. Violators of the ordinance could face a $500 fine or up to six months in jail.

The Washington-based Human Rights Campaign blasted the ordinance, saying it raises a number of privacy concerns and questions about how it will be enforced.

Oxford Police Chief Bill Partridge said the law will be enforced like any other city ordinance, such as noise violations or public indecency.

“If somebody sees something that makes them uncomfortable, they would call the police,” he was quoted by Al.com as saying. “If the person is still there when the officer arrives, the officer has to witness the crime. Then we take down the person’s information, and the person who reported it has to sign out a warrant.”

HRC officials said the ordinance is unprecedented in imposing criminal penalties and the city of roughly 21,000 is the first in the nation to pass this kind of law.

“This ordinance is a shameful and vile attack on the rights and privacy of transgender people,” HRC Alabama State Manager Eva Walton Kendrick said in a statement. “Transgender people are our neighbors, our co-workers and our fellow churchgoers, and every Alabamian has the right to live their lives without fear of discrimination and prejudice.”

© 2016, Associated Press, All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 06:09 AM   #2
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

I never knew what a problem bathrooms were for some until I experienced it 12 yrs ago .. with Electrocell.
Now with all this bathroom problems going on ..... I really am concerned for his safety as well as others.
I know he is out on the roads doing his job doing deliveries.
Although Electrocell is not trans , some well I know a lot assume he is.
Stay safe out there to everyone.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Transgender teen fights back after suspension for using 'wrong' bathroom

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/26/health/sc-transgender-student-bathroom-suspension/

The pep rally was underway as a South Carolina high school student headed to the bathroom. A teacher trailed him. The student is transgender, and she wanted to make sure he used "the right one," he said.

To him, the right one is the boys' bathroom, which he says he has used since seventh grade without incident. Then, in his senior year, school administrators told him he had to use the girls' restroom, he said. They also gave him the option to use the nurse's restroom.

When he exited the bathroom, the teacher did not say anything to him, but he knew from the "exasperated" look on her face that he was in trouble.

The next morning, he was called into the vice principal's office and told he was suspended for one day for using the boys' bathroom.

Andrea: Clink link for rest of article

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 09:51 AM   #4
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

City: Use bathrooms for biological sex or face jail

http://www.kcra.com/health/city-use-bathrooms-for-biological-sex-or-face-jail/39258464?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm _campaign=kcranews

Transgender people in Oxford, Alabama, could now face six months in jail for using restrooms labeled for the gender with which they identify.

The Oxford City Council passed the ordinance this week after the retail giant Target announced it would allow transgender employees and customers to use the restrooms they feel comfortable with. Target has a store in Oxford.

In the ordinance, the Council says people in public restrooms "do not reasonably expect to be exposed to individuals of the opposite sex while utilizing those facilities."

"The Council further asserts that single sex public facilities are places of increased vulnerability and present the potential for crimes against individuals utilizing those facilities which may include, but not limited to, voyeurism, exhibitionism, molestation and assault and battery," the ordinance states.

The law includes some exceptions, such as for adults accompanying children under age 12.

Those violating the ordinance could face six months in jail or a $500 fine.

Oxford Police Chief Bill Partridge did not return a CNN call for comment. But he told CNN affiliate WBRC the law would be enforced just like any other for a misdemeanor: A person would have to call police to complain, and when police arrive the officer would have to witness the crime.

After that, Partridge said, the person who called in the complaint would have to sign a warrant.

Oxford's new law comes amid a spate of bathroom policies affecting transgender people across the country. But the ordinance does not explicitly mention the term "transgender."

The Human Rights Campaign, which advocates for LGBT rights, lambasted the ordinance.

"This anti-transgender law is unprecedented in its establishment of criminal penalties for violations of the law, and raises a myriad of privacy and legal concerns, including questions about how the law will be enforced," HRC said in a statement.

And the law could affect more people than some realize, HRC Alabama manager Eva Walton Kendrick said.

"Transgender people are our neighbors, our coworkers and our fellow churchgoers," she said, "and every Alabamian has the right to live their lives without fear of discrimination and prejudice."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 10:26 AM   #5
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Ugh so sick of ignorance. People just need to pee. However are they really going to police bathrooms? Make you show id and then drop your pants to inspect? Talk about invasion of privacy.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

She is clearly female. But, hey, this isn't about hate. At all. Not even a little bit.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:31 PM   #7
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bathroom choices

Many places here (On. Canada) have three sets of washrooms. Mens, womens and family so that you can choose to go family (1 person) without worrying if someone is going to say you are a man in a womans washroom and vice versa. I feel comfy knowing they are available.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

The smartest thing for all trans people to do is to get a passport with the correct gender marker. That is federal. It is easy to get changed. All you need is a letter from a medical physician (your HRT physician, for example), that you have been treated for Gender Dysphoria. You don't need to have had any medical surgeries for this. It only needs to say you have been/are being treated for gender dysphoria. Then always carry the passport with you.

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...on/gender.html

You can also just get a passport card, but it can't be used for international air travel and you can only get into Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and I think the Carribean. But, it fits nice and easy in your wallet.

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...tion/card.html

Driver license gender marker change depends on the state. In my state it is a simple paper that I can fill out and sign in literally 5 minutes for my clients.

I looked up North Carolina. It looks like you have to have had surgery in order to get you gender marker changed on your license. What they talk about though is what it says on your birth cert. Who carries THAT around? Fortunately, in NC, if you get surgery and get your birth cert changed, the original is sealed, which means your birth name/gender will not be on the document. I looked up Alabama, since that is what this thread is about, and your birth cert will only be amended.

So...in sum, get a passport and carry it with you. It will be good for everything.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 08:04 PM   #9
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

ummm, just saying, the ability to change gender markers on passports was one of the first things HRC as Secretary of State.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #10
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
ummm, just saying, the ability to change gender markers on passports was one of the first things HRC as Secretary of State.
Well, see, that's all part of her dastardly plan you see! Hillary is the biggest anti-trans bigot in all history! Ever heard of Janice Raymond? That was her! Mary Daly? That was her again! Look into every anti-trans incident, statement, book, or pamphlet in the last 50 years or so and there you'll see HRC smiling that demonic grin of hers and just *barely* keeping the spiked tail and cloven hooves hidden by the pantsuit. That's why she wears the pantsuits. (I have it on very good authority that her clothes are made from the souls of the last puppy or kitten in the shop. Others say it comes from motherless babies, but I am partial to the puppy/kitten hypothesis.)

So, here's the thing see, once trans people have the correct gender markers on our passports she will know Who We Are. This is just the *first* stage in her plot to have us all shipped to Russia.

That Hillary Clinton is one bad mofo! She is playing a long long game.

Cheers
AJ

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 PM   #11
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am lucky, I guess, in that I was able to get surgery (top), a surgeon's letter, and was then able to change all of my documentation, including my (Florida) birth certificate, my military/VA records and now my passport and all of my Social Security information. I don't think I've left any stone unturned here.

My worry is that some of my trans brothers and sisters are not able to get surgery, or their official records changed to reflect their correct gender identity. There are those who don't wish to transition, or cannot, for whatever reason. What about them?? They are going to bear the brunt of the nasty comments and the threats/acts of violence. I worry about them.....really, really worry....and I am thoroughly disgusted that I have to.

On the other hand, I was surprised, pleasantly, that The Donald (Trump) made good on his promise to Caitlyn Jennner, in that he is upholding his vow to allow her, or any other transperson to use the restroom of his/her choice in any of his buildings, in North Carolina, or any other state that attempts to legislate bathroom usage. As crazy and bombastic as he is, he does appear to have a thread of decency and common sense in this matter.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #12
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.cartelpress.com/north-car...n-transgender/

Yes, this disgusting and what is also disgusting is "CITIZENS TURNING ON OTHER CITIZENS" does this remind anyone of Nazi Germany (neighbors, etc say "a Jew lives next door" or telling men to drop their pants to see if they were circumcised.
And the police and others thinking that doing this "is right because it is the law" are they going to make us wear 1) pink triangles if we are lgbtq or 2) will they break the symbols down to categories 1) for lesbian 2) gay male 3) transgender 4) gender queer, etc. when traveling in the south or other parts of the country that feel they have a right to legislate against others for any reason they feel is "for the protection of their children". How about a predator wearing a black star for sex offender
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #13
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
http://www.cartelpress.com/north-car...n-transgender/

Yes, this disgusting and what is also disgusting is "CITIZENS TURNING ON OTHER CITIZENS" does this remind anyone of Nazi Germany (neighbors, etc say "a Jew lives next door" or telling men to drop their pants to see if they were circumcised.
And the police and others thinking that doing this "is right because it is the law" are they going to make us wear 1) pink triangles if we are lgbtq or 2) will they break the symbols down to categories 1) for lesbian 2) gay male 3) transgender 4) gender queer, etc. when traveling in the south or other parts of the country that feel they have a right to legislate against others for any reason they feel is "for the protection of their children". How about a predator wearing a black star for sex offender
Woops, PP, I'm afraid this is incorrect.

http://www.snopes.com/transgender-bathroom-arrest/

I'm not meaning to point this out to embarrass you or anything, but the above story isn't true. As Snopes says:

"Despite its reference to a topical controversy, this item was nothing more than another fabrication from World News Daily Report (WNDR), a clickbait web site that traffics in fake news stories. WNDR's disclaimer notes that all of the site's articles are "entirely fictional" and that any resemblance to the truth in them is "purely a miracle".

~Theo~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #14
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ok so it might be, however, I really don't think that it is far from the truth. If it doesn't happen with this woman it will happen with others, mark my words. This has spurred on what could be starting to look like citizens turning on others. That is my point, it will happen
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #15
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
ok so it might be, however, I really don't think that it is far from the truth. If it doesn't happen with this woman it will happen with others, mark my words. This has spurred on what could be starting to look like citizens turning on others. That is my point, it will happen

I agree with you, 100%.

That's exactly what my fears are all about.

~Theo~
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #16
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Here we go..........Bathroom laws may be coming to Texas......see article
clicketyclick

These crazy ass laws remind me so much of the white vs black bathroom usage back before my time. I just can't believe people are moving backwards instead of forwards with change in times. It's utterly Beyond my comprehension. I've already gotten into it with a niece over transgenders using whatever bathrooms they identify with, because she posted a hate meme about it making fun of transgenders idying as they do. Pathetic and hateful. Needless to say I had a very long and hard talk with my halfsister about it and she's spoken to her girls about it and how hateful it was and where it came from, etc. They are devout christians, but my sister has unconditional love, not hate in her heart and she didn't rear her girls to hate so that's why she stepped up and had a very long talk with them and I was apologized to for the posting that was offensive not just to me, but to my transgendered friends.
I just can't wrap my head around all this hate going on and the accusations being made. I just can't, it makes my head spin.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #17
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I decided that I would add my voice to those people standing up and saying "do I really look like I belong in the wrong bathroom?"

Please feel free to download the image or (even better) point people at my blog.

https://blackhypatia.wordpress.com/2...athroom-issue/

Cheers
AJ

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)

Last edited by dreadgeek; 04-29-2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added image directly
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #18
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Texas man follows woman into a bathroom to check her gender

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/texas-man-woman-bathroom-check-gender-article-1.2622029

A Dallas woman was questioned about her gender by a man who followed her into a bathroom because he said she was “dressed like a man.”

Jessica Rush told KXAS-TV she filmed the last seconds of the encounter on her cell phone Thursday afternoon at the Baylor Medical Center in Frisco, Tex.

“My first thought was ‘I’m about to be attacked’ just because I am 5 [foot]3, female,” Rush said. “I understand one thing if you are like a cop of the Dallas Police Department, but just some random guy coming in I think is absolutely absurd and inappropriate.”

Rush, who is not transgender, was receiving treatment for an injured arm at the hospital Thursday as so-called “bathroom bills” prompt debates about the use of public restrooms by transgender people. Rush's Facebook video of the conversation had drawn over 10,000 views by Monday.

“When I saw you enter...I thought you was…,” the as-yet-unidentified man said.
Jessica Rush posted a video of the encounter on Facebook after it happened Thursday afternoon at a hospital in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, Texas.

“A boy?” Rush replied. She was wearing a t-shirt and basketball shorts.

“You know it’s difficult,” the man said with a shrug as he walked away from the bathroom. “You are dressed like a man. Of course, you are dressed like a man, so…”

He later told Rush he was “confused” when he saw her go into the bathroom and went into the restroom with his mother “to make sure she was good.”

Baylor Medical spokeswoman Julie Smith said the incident was not reported and therefore isn't being investigated by hospital officials. Representatives for the Frisco Police Department didn’t immediately respond Monday afternoon to a request to know whether police are reviewing it.

Rush, who didn’t immediately respond to a request for an interview, wrote on Facebook saying “Welcome to my world” and asking, “Do you actually think I would choose this life?” She shared local and national news reports as word of the video spread over the weekend.

Andrea: Click link for rest of article

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2016, 10:38 PM   #19
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

"Let me also speak directly to the transgender community itself. Some of you have lived freely for decades. Others of you are still wondering how you can possibly live the lives you were born to lead. But no matter how isolated or scared you may feel today, the Department of Justice and the entire Obama Administration wants you to know that we see you; we stand with you; and we will do everything we can to protect you going forward. Please know that history is on your side. This country was founded on a promise of equal rights for all, and we have always managed to move closer to that promise, little by little, one day at a time. It may not be easy – but we’ll get there together."

Loretta E. Lynch, U.S. Attorney General

At the Press Conference to Announce Complaint Against the State of North Carolina to Stop Discrimination Against Transgender Individuals

Full transcript:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/a...cing-complaint

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2016, 12:40 AM   #20
BounceBounceBabyBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Socially Awkward Tranz Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Master Of The Hounds
Relationship Status:
On The Road Again

BounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST ReputationBounceBounceBabyBoi Has the BEST Reputation

I dont speak too much on here..

but this is an issue that terrifies me

I avoid all bathrooms now because i dont pass for one gender or another yet
i confuse people terribly O.o

https://youtu.be/Ov-ocQpQtrw <----but now we have people like this popping up all over the place...
and i cant help but have hope for the human race

https://youtu.be/qjGv6exoKkw

"What's the difference between shame and guilt?
Guilt = I did something bad.
Shame = I am bad.
Shame is about who we are, and guilt is about our behaviours..."
~The Gifts of Imperfection
~Brene Brown.
BounceBounceBabyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BounceBounceBabyBoi For This Useful Post: