How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

One of the best dates I ever went on was very impromptu...

We met up at a favorite huge flea market, got lunch from a food truck, ate it at an old cemetery and then went on a hike...

I like adventures...not just humdrum.

Now a days I'd go for some white water rafting or kayaking.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #22
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I like to just go for a ride and talk. Pay special attention to things she points out on the ride, it's a good indicator of what shed likes. Stop for a cone of ice cream or even pick up a sub and find a picnic area along the way. I also like nature museums, and botanical gardens, state parks with nature trails.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #23
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

*Any library, bookstore, flea market, garage sales, etc.

*Any museum, historical site, battlefield, house tour, national site, etc. I'd think I found my soulmate.

*Movies-but the kind in a park, or a much less expensive movie series at the theater.

*Plays, opera, the symphony, ballet, community theater

*Food or cultural festivals-but I don't really do crowds very well, so those are in a small dose.

I've been thinking, why do we wait to do these things with a date, but we don't date ourselves?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #24
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post

*Any museum, historical site, battlefield, house tour, national site, etc. I'd think I found my soulmate.

*Movies-but the kind in a park, or a much less expensive movie series at the theater.

*Food or cultural festivals-but I don't really do crowds very well, so those are in a small dose.

I've been thinking, why do we wait to do these things with a date, but we don't date ourselves?
I think I am Grainne's perfect date except for the garage sales...I hate haggling.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2016, 10:45 PM   #25
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

if the fortune cookie is right... then it always ends up "in bed" anyway.. lol..

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #26
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I think I am Grainne's perfect date except for the garage sales...I hate haggling.
And you have the magic word, "Canada" .
Old 07-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #27
Brooklyn
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine

Brooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST ReputationBrooklyn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I love this list !! I would do every single thing on here.

I also agree, why do we wait... why not just treat ourselves to these things? (I actually do - when I have the time).
Brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brooklyn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 06:01 PM   #28
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dates

Depends on the date. Friday will be Chinese food buffet and a movie.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #29
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

LOL lately it's been to dinner and back home, since there is a soon to be 4 year old child who is up her mom's butt and won't allow us to get any time, to go out on a real date!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #30
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
So, just pay what is on the tag?

Quote:
And you have the magic word, "Canada" .
haha love this.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #31
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Dunno how it's done where you are but things aren't tagged if it's a garage sale or flea market, usually, here. You ask how much, they give you a price, you think for a second, make an offer lower, and then they counter back.

If you pay what they first offer, because of canuck politeness issues conflicting with process of payment negotiations, you pay too much. And they rather count on that
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Regional differences. Everywhere I've been in the US, you tag it with what you hope to get for it but not necessary the lowest you would take for it. Often, if it's a good sale, there are too many people there for you to concentrate on guessing and going back and forth with one or two customers. Buyers don't see tags and they will leave because it's too much trouble to wait to talk to someone.

Then you have to consider the sticky fingered crews and keep your eyes open for that.

Haggling is optional.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #33
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Regional differences. Everywhere I've been in the US, you tag it with what you hope to get for it but not necessary the lowest you would take for it. Often, if it's a good sale, there are too many people there for you to concentrate on guessing and going back and forth with one or two customers. Buyers don't see tags and they will leave because it's too much trouble to wait to talk to someone.

Then you have to consider the sticky fingered crews and keep your eyes open for that.

Haggling is optional.
What she said.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #34
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

In New England they are called tag sales (same thing as garage sale/yard sale), so there's gotta be tags, lol.

Liquor stores are called package stores. At first I had no idea what people were talking about.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #35
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoy all types of dates but I especially like dinner followed by a musical.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #36
LOQUI

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Non Binary, Trans, Always Me. :)

Thanked 2,486 Times in 848 Posts
LOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmm...let's see....
-a park
-farmer market (we dont need to buy anything but...sometimes it is fun to buy products, go back home and work together in the kitchen)
-start attending a cooking class (or any other particular interest the 'couple' might be interested into)
-of course, the beach...or a walk in the woods
-breakfast/lunch or dinner at either her or mine favourite place(s)...perhaps we can alternate between her and mine favorite places...until we can find "ours"...It doesnt have to be expensive, just clean, nice environment and with good food!
-get all dressed up and go to a special show/dinner...
-ice cream and a walk
-museums, historical parks
-if there is a conference/workshop in a topic we both like, it might be fun to attend together...
-go to a park and bring some boarding games with us...
-making a puzzle game
-prepare a tray with cheeses, fruits, vegetables to have while watching a video (we can rent a commercial move or watch some "home made" videos of her or mine family/friends etc (it must include popcorn at some point!)
-jump in the car without a particular place on mind...and go to 'discover' new places
-go to her favourite pub (beer and fried clams strips!) and wait for her there after her work day
-seat in a garden...and enjoy the company and the quietness...
etc. etc.etc...the sky is the limit...and the money, and the time, and...lol
LOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LOQUI For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #37
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
In New England they are called tag sales (same thing as garage sale/yard sale), so there's gotta be tags, lol.

Liquor stores are called package stores. At first I had no idea what people were talking about.
I'd never lived in a state that had dedicated liquor stores that were the ONLY place you could buy liquor before moving to RI. It's weird to not be able to pick up wine coolers, wine or some beer at the grocery store.

They call sales a mix here. Some say garage sales and some say tag sales. Not a lot of 'yard sales' though.

For thread compliance, I'd like to go on one of those weird tours that take you through the city or underground or whatever. Seattle had a few of those and they seemed like fun; I just never made it to one before I left.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #38
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Anywhere but home Lol
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2016, 01:28 AM   #39
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Sitting on the porch with whiskey and watching the dogs play, cook dinner, then more porch sitting.
That is just the kind of date I've been liking lately

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #40
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I can't think of any type of date that I wouldn't enjoy, but I've been on dates where it was just the two of us, or just the two of us I'm the company of close friends or family.

Spur of the moment dates are delicious, to me, because of the element of surprise or the satisfying notion that it's going to be a time that's held very special, by the two of us.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote