thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #62
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Does anyone else think there is a double-standard when it comes to tattoos? I see it in the larger hetero society sometimes, but I see it in the butch-femme world too.

I have several butch friends who hate tattoos on a femme. Some of them even have their own tattoos, but don't think a feminine woman should have one.

I have heard the word "trashy" thrown around, as well as "it lowers the property value" (and don't get me started on calling women "property"! LOL)... If that is your opinion that is OK, I guess. I just don't understand it.

Inked sisters, have you experienced this kind of language before? I don't think people realize when they criticize tattoos so broadly, they are criticizing my body. And your bodies. And lots of worthy, beautiful women who prefer to wear their art rather than hang it on a wall.

I don't think people without ink realize that a tattoo is not just a drawing that is on you, it's a part of you, and when your tattoos are personalized especially, it's a part of who you are and a window into how you think and where you came from.

I'm interested to know other people's thoughts on this, this is all just my perspective.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #63
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I have never personally experienced anything like that, at least not within our community. I do see that there is a double standard elsewhere.

I have 7. Three of which are tied in with my family, 3 of which are directly tied to me, and 1 of which...is me. They are very addictive, and I wear them with pride. I gladly tell anyone who asks exactly what the meaning is behind each, and I dont regret any of it. They symbolize things that I have been through in my life, and I can look at any one of them and remember that specific time. I love that.

They are just..me.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #64
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

I have never run across this type of Femme hate, but I know it's out there.

It would piss me off if a Butch stated that to me, or let that attitude be known to me. Thank God I am blessed with a womderful Butch wife that is tattoo supportive, and finds mine very sexy and attractive. I have three, all very personal to me, and telling a story about my life. Butches that say such things about 'lowering property value' are no better than sexist males, and should be very ashamed of saying the same things that men have said of women in the past, to devalue them.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #65
lilapache

How Do You Identify?:
DONE

Thanked 3,880 Times in 1,025 Posts
lilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputation

Diva.. i myself have had this... but as you know... i'm quite inked and have actually added on since last i saw you... but i find... its not just the b/f community... its the community at large... the snears and looks when they see a beautifully tattooed woman...

yes i've heard *trashy* and *whorish* and yada freakin yada... you know what... like you said... i have a reason for almost *EVERY* tat on my body... and right now that amounts to about 27 single pieces that are now starting to be joined... yes... i'm half sleeving both of my arms from the elbows up... and there is a reason for that also... IF i decide to go back into corporate work... and they should have restrictions... ALL of mine can be covered even the ones on my chest...

Just because i'm inked... doesn't mean im low class or trashy or whatever... i'm a well versed educated woman... and the stupidity to judge someone... let alone judge what someone does with their body... is beyond me sometimes... but its the way its seen...

but opinions are like assholes... everyone has one... some just make the whole ass out of themselves... jmo...

*hugs you tight* Tattooed girls UNITE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Does anyone else think there is a double-standard when it comes to tattoos? I see it in the larger hetero society sometimes, but I see it in the butch-femme world too.

I have several butch friends who hate tattoos on a femme. Some of them even have their own tattoos, but don't think a feminine woman should have one.

I have heard the word "trashy" thrown around, as well as "it lowers the property value" (and don't get me started on calling women "property"! LOL)... If that is your opinion that is OK, I guess. I just don't understand it.

Inked sisters, have you experienced this kind of language before? I don't think people realize when they criticize tattoos so broadly, they are criticizing my body. And your bodies. And lots of worthy, beautiful women who prefer to wear their art rather than hang it on a wall.

I don't think people without ink realize that a tattoo is not just a drawing that is on you, it's a part of you, and when your tattoos are personalized especially, it's a part of who you are and a window into how you think and where you came from.

I'm interested to know other people's thoughts on this, this is all just my perspective.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #66
MsBluem

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones are fine
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 1,845 Times in 372 Posts
MsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST Reputation

I've got around 10. If I can con my best friend into taking photos this weekend, perhaps I'll make an album of them.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #67
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post

I've seen it. I've heard it. I've experienced it firsthand.

I've also experienced folks who were just expressing their opinions....nothing about ownership or lowering one's social standing....they just don't like tats on anyone at all, so I didn't feel upset at their comments because it wasn't pinpointed towards femmes alone.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #68
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

No, I've never run into it on the site either. I don't think when people say this they necessarily understand what it sounds like to someone with ink. I think lilapache hit it on the head when she said "low class" - the statements are often more rooted in classist thinking than something outright sexist.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #69
lilapache

How Do You Identify?:
DONE

Thanked 3,880 Times in 1,025 Posts
lilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputationlilapache Has the BEST Reputation

Diva... these are just a few i've added since i last saw you... the purple roses are actually a cover up... reworking this arm now to sleeve it...

and yes i do agree its all a matter of preference.. i know several butch friends of mine don't really care for the ink i have.. and i accept that... it doesn't make me think less of them or them of me and that's the type of people i prefer to keep around me...
and i've had some that refused to even date me because of it.. *shrugs* their loss... i love my expression... in whatever form i chose to show it... *smiles*

Old 09-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #70
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Ink oh yes......

Ankle - rainbow heart -my first
ankle - fleur di Lis.. for New Orleans after Katrina
Hip- my totem and a message never to lose myself
Wrist.. celtic swirl because I like the way it looks
Earlobes- because I can't wear earrings much - they keep getting bigger
My upper arm piece (in the gallery) because of an injury that I no longer wish to think about
Dragonfly on the shoulder that watches over me
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: