Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #181
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I think I've posted this before but it bears repeating!

A "know-it-all" personality and those who can NEVER admit they were wrong!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #182
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

seeing *all* femmes as being of one mind:

ie: what do femmes like?
what do I do to make femmes happy?
what will make a femme turned on?
how do I treat a femme on a date?
etc.

Glad you asked. We at Femme Hive Mind Head Quarters Appreciate your interest and intent.

the worst one of all
"how do I talk to a femme?"

Oh I dunno, pretend she's a human and talk to her like you would other humans? If she doesn't respond to human interaction you might accidentally be talking to a store manikin.

if what you actually mean is "I'm afraid of talking to people who present feminine because I think we actually have nothing in common because of that femininity so I don't know how to converse with them - and I'll get rebuffed in my awkwardness"

Then maybe you need to go back and re-think the assumptions that femininity = nothing in common with you because femininity = the opposite of you.

You need to go way, WAY back. Back up. Cause you are living in the wrong venn diagram. And in that venn diagram, no femmes cross with that. They are separate circles. Life is FULL of venn diagrams. How about the other ones you reside in? As in, the other things you are, the other interests you have, other than being butch.

Fishing? Cosplay? Rock collecting? Your dog? Knitting? Researching your family background? Movies? Recent Podcasts you really like? Things you talk about to other humans besides femmes? talk to femmes about those things.

things you talk to humans about
femmes are humans
therefore you can talk to femmes about them

Will ALL femmes be interested?
NO.

I'm a gonna circle you back to the Hive Mind joke.
Are all humans interest in the shit you talk to them about? No. Some find that shit pretty boring.
Since femmes are human, I'm gonna say they are going to be about the same.

"What can I talk to femmes about so they don't reject me and I get the magic response I'm looking for?"

a) I'm going to refer you to the Hive Mind sarcasm point.

b) We all get rejected, we all have to learn how to deal with rejection - it's a part of growing up and being a healthy adult. If you can't deal with rejection of an initial conversation (it sends you into a precarious tail spin), you might want to look into that and maybe get some support to explore that. You need to deal with that first. As a shy extrovert, I know what I'm talking about. Don't make *other* people do your work.

c) There is no magic harry potter way in, except with people who like you for you being you because they find it charming. Those are the people (ie people who are also femme) that its easier with.

- Administrative Control Officer 89674 of Femme Hive Mind
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 08:39 AM   #183
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

People who are habitually late.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 08:42 AM   #184
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

people who treat waitstaff as their personal servants....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #185
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
People who are habitually late.
BIG one for me!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #186
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who blows hot and cold. Either you’re in or you’re out. It’s just one early indicator of controlling behavior. In some instances, it’s indicative of a narcissistic personality. Regardless, it’s a sure-fire way to get me to run in the opposite direction.

CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #187
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who is not sure of what they are.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #188
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
Someone who blows hot and cold. Either you’re in or you’re out. It’s just one early indicator of controlling behavior. In some instances, it’s indicative of a narcissistic personality. Regardless, it’s a sure-fire way to get me to run in the opposite direction.

Agree, Cdoodles! Watch my azz as I go out the door.....
Old 04-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #189
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

"Blows hot and cold"

yeah, that does drive me a bit batty but also it brings to my attention what *I* believe is the attention I want. I've been accused of that since and I was very confused - I was enthusiastic about their company while they were with me, which is what *I* would want, but did not want daily contact because that's just not who I am in my life. I still felt exactly the same. They assumed I was blowing hot and cold. They argued with me about this and accused me of not wanting them, of being cold, of having walls...
So I put an end to it immediately. As much as I really, really liked them, and was sad about stopping it, actually fairly bummed out, I could see there was a huge discrepancy between our own ways and needs to demonstrate affection and closeness.

To them, they wanted frequency of quality time together, which was something I just couldn't give, along with the enthusiasm I showed when I was present.

I didn't want either of us to be hurt by a battle of very different needs and disappointments. I was already being accused of being cold. I thought it best to just stop there.

So be careful of accusing people of controlling or narcissistic behaviour. It may be your needs are just vastly different and it feels hot/cold to you - to them, they have the same feelings for you the whole time. But it will drive you nuts regardless - end it.

but it doesn't always have nefarious reasons.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #190
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

I understand what you are saying, imperfect cupcake, and I think we are talking about two separate things. I am not confusing individual differences in needs regarding frequency of quality time with controlling and narcissistic behavior. I am very much an introvert and need time to myself between interactions to truly appreciate quality time spent with anyone. That goes for friends, family, and lovers. I definitely get that.

What I’m referring to is someone who...for example....immediately withdraws affection, seemingly without reason, but usually as a result of the fact that he or she felt slighted in some manner. When approached about the matter, they typically shut down and refuse to communicate. Then, once they decide that their feelings are no longer hurt (or you have served your due “punishment”), they are back to showering you with affection like nothing ever happened. I’ve discovered, unfortunately, that this typically comes from a place of deep insecurity and is a prelude to future controlling and manipulative behavior - hence, the reason I run in the opposite direction when I notice this behavior.

I’m definitely not talking about someone who is mature enough to say...”Hey, I need some alone time (space), so I’m going to spend this week doing such and such and we’ll catch up later.”

Come to think, this is not actually an “instant” turnoff per se, as it usually does take a bit of time knowing someone before it happens....but it is indeed a turnoff!
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 05:56 PM   #191
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I totally get what imperfect_cupcake and CherryWine are talking about. Thank you for articulating succinctly about controlling behaviors and what I call the 'push me/pull me' game (ie, manipulation ).

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Here's a few more Instant Turn Off behaviors that will turn me off:

Lack of compassion. Lack of honesty. Being unwilling to honor mine or another's boundaries. Those three things I've talked about many times over the years here in certain posts I've made in various forum threads..... As well as being chased or stalked. If I'm not talking to you, it's because I'm not interested in talking to you. I am very introverted, and I keep to myself. Also, Unwanted Contact is a huge deal breaker in my world.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 06:05 PM   #192
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I had a therapist once who explained the whole 'push me/pull me' thingy!

I've never been a victim, but I did have a close friend who played that game with women all the time!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #193
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

I number of things have already been mentioned, and I think to echo the push me/pull me, people who want a quick fling after a breakup.

People who are not kind or compassionate.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #194
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus View Post
I number of things have already been mentioned, and I think to echo the push me/pull me, people who want a quick fling after a breakup.

People who are not kind or compassionate.
No good can ever come of being the "rebound" girlfriend!
Old 04-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #195
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
I understand what you are saying, imperfect cupcake, and I think we are talking about two separate things. I am not confusing individual differences in needs regarding frequency of quality time with controlling and narcissistic behavior. I am very much an introvert and need time to myself between interactions to truly appreciate quality time spent with anyone. That goes for friends, family, and lovers. I definitely get that.

What I’m referring to is someone who...for example....immediately withdraws affection, seemingly without reason, but usually as a result of the fact that he or she felt slighted in some manner. When approached about the matter, they typically shut down and refuse to communicate. Then, once they decide that their feelings are no longer hurt (or you have served your due “punishment”), they are back to showering you with affection like nothing ever happened. I’ve discovered, unfortunately, that this typically comes from a place of deep insecurity and is a prelude to future controlling and manipulative behavior - hence, the reason I run in the opposite direction when I notice this behavior.

I’m definitely not talking about someone who is mature enough to say...”Hey, I need some alone time (space), so I’m going to spend this week doing such and such and we’ll catch up later.”

Come to think, this is not actually an “instant” turnoff per se, as it usually does take a bit of time knowing someone before it happens....but it is indeed a turnoff!
That I understand, and I've had people who were *very* emotionally mercurial in personality drive me round the fucking bend with it - again, with them, they weren't intentionally trying to be a complete dick, but they were *very* hard to take. I had to walk off.
And I watched a succession of following gfs walking off.
I stayed friends because she is hella funny and fun to be with and I have ZERO expectations as a friend.

I also didn't mean you, in particular.

I sort of meant general "you".

Because I *have* been accused of blow hot and cold when the differences are just compatibility. Mainly because the other person wants compromise ( of myyyyyy end lol) and they haven't grasped that I don't follow a romance novel form of lesbian love.

I don't rush stuff, I don't want to live with *anyone*, I don't get immediately emotionally involved. However, I can enjoy the shit out of people I like while things cook to see what happens.

This confuses people who follow more mainstream ideas of romance and I get accused of things, no matter how clear I am.

because the whole "controlling/narcissistic personality disorder" thing has rather exploded and they skip the part about "love bombing" - to ME what "regular" romance feels like is "love bombing" its too intense, there's no room, and it freaks me out. But I know it's just perspective on my part. Its not *actual* Love bombing.

So I don't accuse them of doing it.

so it was just a general caution, really.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #196
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

maybe..no politics or religion..current events are ok
Old 04-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #197
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

People who constantly brag about what all they have!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 06:20 PM   #198
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Not willing to experiment with new ideas and activities.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #199
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who is focused only on themselves, manipulative behaviors, lying, pretending to be someone else, pretending to exude attributes such as being kind and caring, always making negative comments, putting others down, and attempting to make every situation about themselves.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #200
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Apathy.
Low self esteem.
Arrogance.
Self centeredness, not to be confused with self worth and esteem. I think it's great when someone has a healthy sense of self worth and takes pride in that, however those who can't see beyond themselves and their world and are oblivious to you and yours; that to me is such a drag. I move on immediately.
Mean people.
Those who want to tell you about how much money they have, who they know, etc. I'm never impressed.
Close minded people and those who say, "I can't" when they really mean, "I won't"
No sense of humor. That's probably the biggest turn off and alternatively, the biggest turn on when someone does make me laugh. You know that laugh that lingers long after it's over and you remember and laugh again.

Tags
dating, instant turn-offs