Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation
Default Poker - Fans & Players

Any other poker fans and/or players out there?

I started playing in February of this year. I'm a big fan of no-limit hold 'em tournaments. I've received some professional training on tournament strategies, so I'm much more comfortable there.

I'm sure I'll feel better about cash games if I can get to a camp, but for now it's too much of a gamble for me; and I'm just not willing to risk it anymore.

I've done pretty well in tournaments in the short time I've been playing and have more big ones lined up..........one this Saturday, as a matter of fact.

Anyone else?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoy watching it or playing with friends (I prefer the camaraderie of friendly poker even if a few $$ are at stake). Interestingly, I'll be in Vegas in Feb so I may get to enjoy a few games of 21 and some of the penny slots and good stogies.

You are far better at it than me, from what I've seen you write about.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I enjoy watching it or playing with friends (I prefer the camaraderie of friendly poker even if a few $$ are at stake). Interestingly, I'll be in Vegas in Feb so I may get to enjoy a few games of 21 and some of the penny slots and good stogies.

You are far better at it than me, from what I've seen you write about.
Do you know the dates of your trip?

If it works out, we can head down there for a weekend getaway.......maybe get a few others together, as well.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Right now Feb 1-6th but no students are registered yet for the class. I expect that to change.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

I play Hold Em but haven't played for money yet. I've been practicing on Pokerstars.com. It's free to sign up and the people that play on there are usually pretty good so it's cool to learn a bit. Wondering if there is a game going at the reunion.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

I was talking about that with Medusa (I think). I think that perhaps we could do some simple poker games with small antes (5 cent, 10 cent and 25 cent). I'd love to introduce some to a variation that my friends made (Gould's Gold) that's an interesting pot builder.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I was talking about that with Medusa (I think). I think that perhaps we could do some simple poker games with small antes (5 cent, 10 cent and 25 cent). I'd love to introduce some to a variation that my friends made (Gould's Gold) that's an interesting pot builder.
Please let me know I am in if it happens.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #8
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I have always been interested in poker, but am afraid that I am not very good at it it seems, that or it is just a lack of knowledge on how to play the game properly.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #9
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Maybe we can get a game together sometime on yahoo. I think they have poker on there.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #10
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
I have always been interested in poker, but am afraid that I am not very good at it it seems, that or it is just a lack of knowledge on how to play the game properly.
Oh we could always do some practise rounds for no bets or penny bets.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:04 AM   #11
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicbutch View Post
Definitely.

Quote:
Maybe we can get a game together sometime on yahoo. I think they have poker on there.
Is it limited to Texas Hold 'em poker?

Old 06-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #12
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Folks; That's a great idea for fund raising for BFP.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #13
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh we could always do some practise rounds for no bets or penny bets.
I've been playing here and there online, and occasionally I win a hand, but I dont feel like I know how im winning, or why. I feel like there is a lot more strategy to it, then just trying to get a certain hand. That or perhaps im reading too much into things.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
I've been playing here and there online, and occasionally I win a hand, but I dont feel like I know how im winning, or why. I feel like there is a lot more strategy to it, then just trying to get a certain hand. That or perhaps im reading too much into things.
Hey Logicaly...

There is indeed more strategy to it!

It's certainly too much to go into here. Reading about it is challenging, in my opinion, because they try and cover everything before you even have the basics down.

What game are you playing?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I'll be playing in the Grand Series at the Golden Nugget in Vegas on Saturday! yipppeee!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Definitely.

Is it limited to Texas Hold 'em poker?
It looks like it. I'll look around for other places to play online. Maybe pogo has some poker games on there.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Old 06-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #17
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It looks like it. I'll look around for other places to play online. Maybe pogo has some poker games on there.
POGO has a ton of poker games, including different "stakes" levels of Texas Hold'Em. Enjoy!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
Bob

How Do You Identify?:
Jackass.

Bob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Good poker strategy is mostly about betting strategy/bankroll management. Sign up with one of the major poker sites...they usually give you a free bankroll of 'play money', as well as having a wide variety of games available.

FullTilt and PokerStars are the perennial big guys, while Cake Poker is an attractive option for newer players.

Also, the 2+2 forums are probably the biggest poker community online: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #19
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
I'll be playing in the Grand Series at the Golden Nugget in Vegas on Saturday! yipppeee!

Go get 'em, Steph!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #20
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

I am signed up on FullTiltPoker, what I have been playing if I am not mistaking is Texas Hold'em.

Tags
poker, vegas