Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #281
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
WolfyOne's post
I have some of my mom's old recipes I just dug out in her hand writing and as soon as I can decipher a few, I'll put them up for ya'll.

This cracked me up because it made me think of Sweet and I trying to decipher my Grandma's recipes this summer. She has been dead since 1984 and I have used her recipes and of course have tweaked them to my taste. Truth is she never really used recipes just the ingredients from them.

I remembered years ago I read one that said, one stick oleo. I assumed that was butter, though it could have been anything that can come in sticks. So I called Nannie for comformation...Yep well sorta yep, it was margarine...yes margrine. LOL

So this summer we get out the box to check out the canning recipes and bless her 8th grade educated heart, ya can't hardly read her writing, so I ended up calling Mom for back up.

Now this thought is what cracked me up....When my birthday rolled around, Sweet asked me what kind of cake I wanted. Well of course I wanted Gigi's famous chocolate pound cake..So we dig out the recipe....it was a from scratch recipe....down the way it said....one block of oleo ROFLMAO!!! I couldn't call Nannie she was in the rest home by then and couldn't remember how to use her phone. Mom wasn't sure, so Sweet calls her Mom.....well they decided whatever and finally the cake was a reality. I just get tickled trying to figure out others recipes.

Who's been dead since 1984?
You write about me and Gigi.... then you say "She's been dead since 1984..."
I'd just like clarification....'cause some days I might feel croaked, but I'm sitting here listening to you mess around in the kitchen making sweet-tater pies, dancing to some funky kind of music and singing "Yummy, Yummy for my tummy!!"

Good thing we are in the "What CRACKED you up?" Thread!!

For the record.... when Gigi wrote "one block of oleo" for the Chocolate Pound Cake.... we BOTH found out that she meant ONE WHOLE BOX (four sticks) of margarine. And for another record, I won't be calling Mom again for questions on someone else's recipe.... she said use one STICK of oleo..... I SWEAR THOSE CAKES TURNED OUT SO HEAVY THAT THEY WOULD MAKE GREAT DOOR STOPS!!!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #282
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG you are killin me, do you really think everyone needs to know about my yummy yummy for my tummy song? Really? OK Sweetie Sweet, clears throat and about that sound in the kitchen a while ago.......still laughing at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post

Who's been dead since 1984?
You write about me and Gigi.... then you say "She's been dead since 1984..."
I'd just like clarification....'cause some days I might feel croaked, but I'm sitting here listening to you mess around in the kitchen making sweet-tater pies, dancing to some funky kind of music and singing "Yummy, Yummy for my tummy!!"

Good thing we are in the "What CRACKED you up?" Thread!!

For the record.... when Gigi wrote "one block of oleo" for the Chocolate Pound Cake.... we BOTH found out that she meant ONE WHOLE BOX (four sticks) of margarine. And for another record, I won't be calling Mom again for questions on someone else's recipe.... she said use one STICK of oleo..... I SWEAR THOSE CAKES TURNED OUT SO HEAVY THAT THEY WOULD MAKE GREAT DOOR STOPS!!!

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #283
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

I went rollerskating with my nieces and nephews today. OMG.....what a great time!!!!
I laughed my ass off!!!
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #284
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bo View Post
I went rollerskating with my nieces and nephews today. OMG.....what a great time!!!!
I laughed my ass off!!!
any pics of such a great time?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #285
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

reading Sweet & Blade's convo back and forth! ROFL

and thinking lyrics would be fun to hear for this yummy yummy for my tummy song LOL..

now what on earth is oleo ?

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #286
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I saw a truck today with nuts
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #287
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
any pics of such a great time?

No. And I didn't hit the ground even once. My lil 6 year old niece however, was on her ass most of the day.
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #288
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I cracked up all evening while having dinner out with Sweet, Dom and Miss Scarlet. And no they did not get one up on us

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #289
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I cracked up all evening while having dinner out with Sweet, Dom and Miss Scarlet. And no they did not get one up on us
It was a wild time wasn't it? Thank you again!

Ummm...Blade, just because Sweet and I didn't get one up on you two last night doesn't mean you guys are out of the woods...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #290
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Speak it Bro, speak it!! lol It wasn't from a lack of trying either!

Again, it was an awesome time filled with laughter and good company!
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #291
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
It was a wild time wasn't it? Thank you again!

Ummm...Blade, just because Sweet and I didn't get one up on you two last night doesn't mean you guys are out of the woods...
Hmm, something you ate must have made ya delusional, lol.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #292
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I just busted out laughing at work so hard that I have cried all of my eyeliner off and snorted loud enough to bring people out of their cubes.

All over a conversation about how to stop yourself from having a stroke.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #293
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

WCMUT?

Thinking about Lil Strutt when she was here. My roomate has a cockatiel named Ody ... the lil one was eating breakfast when Ody started talking away.

Lil Strutt : He talks?

Roomie: yes and I talk to him too

Lil Strutt: You speak Bird?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #294
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

While having supper with 3 wonderful souls last night the conversation of me having bought $40 worth of wacky noodles came up.

Miss Scarlot.....what are wacky noodles?

Me and Sweet...you know like for the pool

Miss Scarlot.....wacky noodles

Me....like foam, you could use them on your water pipes

Miss Scarlot....you use foam on water pipes, what for?

Me....to keep your pipes from freezing

Miss Scarlott.....well if they have foam in them how does the water get threw

Me, Dom, Sweet.....:rof l:

Me...you don't put the foam in the pipes, you put it around the outside of the pipes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #295
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

a text message that i got today

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #296
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Fl View Post
WCMUT?

Thinking about Lil Strutt when she was here. My roomate has a cockatiel named Ody ... the lil one was eating breakfast when Ody started talking away.

Lil Strutt : He talks?

Roomie: yes and I talk to him too

Lil Strutt: You speak Bird?
readin this cracked me up...cuz I know how lil strutt is.

thanks for postin this Kat

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #297
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
readin this cracked me up...cuz I know how lil strutt is.

thanks for postin this Kat

I almost choked on my coffee I laughed so hard ..she was so serious too..lol
Old 01-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #298
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
Hmm, something you ate must have made ya delusional, lol.
But I didn't eat the Jello...
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #299
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
But I didn't eat the Jello...

Now that WAS a sight and experience!!
"I suspect you've never had to CHEW your jello?"
Just the look on Dom's face said it all!!
Today when I was thinking about it..... I wondered what would happen if someone put a HUGE batch of that jello in a kiddie swimming pool and did a BELLY FLOP?? From the looks of that jello... that kiddie swimming pool might be a fun attraction at the next Reunion, Pride or other event?

*yeah, that's how my brain works on over loaded days.... kiddie pools filled with jello!!*
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #300
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post

Now that WAS a sight and experience!!
"I suspect you've never had to CHEW your jello?"
Just the look on Dom's face said it all!!
Today when I was thinking about it..... I wondered what would happen if someone put a HUGE batch of that jello in a kiddie swimming pool and did a BELLY FLOP?? From the looks of that jello... that kiddie swimming pool might be a fun attraction at the next Reunion, Pride or other event?

*yeah, that's how my brain works on over loaded days.... kiddie pools filled with jello!!*
I know, right? The look was priceless!

But in a kiddie pool? I dunno, landing on that might be like landing on concrete.