Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 10-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #1
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation
Post Country Music Fans?

Any other country music fans besides myself?

Wanna talk some gossip or share your current or absolute favorite songs?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Hey JDeere.I have 2 cds in my van that I can't live without..Buck Owens 21 #1 hits and The Very Best of Dwight Yoakam.That's about all the country music I listen to these days even though country music has been a part of my life since the cradle.My parents raised me on this stuff.

umm,no gossip to tell..maybe later
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I too was raised on country music. I mainly listen to 1970's to early 2000's country. Some of the stuff today is not what I consider country.

Albert Einstein
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #4
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Any other country music fans besides myself?

Wanna talk some gossip or share your current or absolute favorite songs?
I like country music, but I like the old-school kind. My all-time favorite is Hank Williams Sr. He wrote so many great songs (Hey Good Lookin'; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Cold, Cold, Heart; Honky Tonk Blues). Really, I could listen to him and his songs all day long and not get bored.

I also like Minnie Pearl, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and those bad-ass highway men (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson).

Thanks for asking, JD
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 06:47 AM   #5
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a so Cali native and country was not even my playlist. (kroq fan, lol) However I was exposed when I was a tag along to a Garth Brooks concert. I'm not a twang fan at all, but I do love some Dwight Yoakum twang, it's eye rolling back in my head good.

I agree with some of the new country crossing the line into pop. But...I love Eric Church and his rock and roll guitar! I've seen, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Pat Green, local bands, Randy Rogers, Keith Urban and love the sound of bluesy guitar of Seth Green. Someday I would love to see Carrie Underwood.

The song writing of country can bring goosebumps or a tear to my eye...right now, this is my fav...

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanks for y'all's posts!

Garth Brooks has been my favorite since he came out, I am pretty partial to the singers from Oklahoma. Something about them brings me some calm and reminds me of home.

Albert Einstein
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Keep Smilin

How Do You Identify?:
Fabulously happy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Content with myself :-)

Keep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST Reputation

Me! Me! Me! I'm a fan!!!

Life is too short to live unhappy. Seek peace, joy and love for you will recieve that which you seek.
-Anonymous
Keep Smilin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Keep Smilin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I like country music, but I like the old-school kind. My all-time favorite is Hank Williams Sr. He wrote so many great songs (Hey Good Lookin'; I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry; Cold, Cold, Heart; Honky Tonk Blues). Really, I could listen to him and his songs all day long and not get bored.

I also like Minnie Pearl, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and those bad-ass highway men (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson).

Thanks for asking, JD
YES, now those were some GREAT country crooners!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #9
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I love country music. Some of the all time most well written songs are written by current or former country music stars. Much of what is on the radio especially the last few years is no where remotely country.

Wharever that is that Florida Georgia Line sings is not country and it all sounds the same. There is some dude they keep playing lately who talks threw every song, like he is talking to some chic in a bar. He isn't country either.

I love Hank Sr and Jr, but boy howdy could Sr write a song or what. Willie, Kris, Dolly and Loretta are awesome song writers, as well as Allen Jackson, Kellie Pickler, Randy Owens, JP Pennington and many others.

My current favorite well written song is Girl Crush. Anyone male or female who has ever been dumped for someone else, can relate to this song and probably has felt the emotions in it. I'm not even sure who wrote it.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have an eclectic taste in music.

Some really great "older crooners"....

George Jones, Merle Haggard, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Pam Tillis, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Little Jimmy Dickens, Charley Pride....(yes, I AM dating myself, aren't I....lol....
Old 10-09-2015, 10:32 PM   #11
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I love country music. I grew up listening to it and have always loved it, old blues too. I still mainly listen to the old stuff but lately I have been listening to some of the stuff that's come out in the last few years.

Some of the ones I have on my playlist:

Brett Eldredge (Lose My Mind) and (Wanna Be That Song).
Zac Brown Band (You Make Loving You Easy).
Little Big Town (Girl Crush) and (Your Side of The Bed)
A Thousand Horses - (Smoke)
Kellie Pickler - (Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You)

But yeah, there is no replacing Hank Sr, Willie, Waylon, Patsy and a few others.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #12
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default rascal flatts (feels like today cd) need i say more?

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #13
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Taylor Swift ruined country music and opened the door for lousy pop music to become ok as a country genre. Old School Country for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #14
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
Taylor Swift ruined country music and opened the door for lousy pop music to become ok as a country genre. Old School Country for me.
I think that barrier between pop music and country music was crossed by the likes of Kenny Rogers and Crystal Gayle and Ronnie Milsap. There were some sick moments in the late 70s (and I don't mean "sick" as in "cool", the way the kids nowadays say - heh).

I have to say though - and I might get stomped for this, but okay - that Taylor Swift is one heck of a songwriter. She is very talented, and I would count her first two albums as country - very story-oriented lyrics, and with traditional country music instruments. After her first two albums, though, she really went into other genres, and in no way do I think what she's doing now has anything to do with country.

That Taylor Swift song about Romeo and Juliet makes me smile every time I hear it - I can't help it. Young love . . .

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #15
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite style is old 1990's. I mean Gary Allen, Garth Brooks, Allen Jackson. I've been told it's more like the old "Nashville" sound and not mixed with pop.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #16
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZebraz View Post
My favorite style is old 1990's. I mean Gary Allen, Garth Brooks, Allen Jackson. I've been told it's more like the old "Nashville" sound and not mixed with pop.
It is. To days country's is rap, pop mixed thanks to taylor swift, shutters. I'm so glad she is out if the country genre.

There needs to be a comeback of a lot of old school peeps maybe through re recordings, etc.

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 01:58 AM   #17
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Fan hear, I cut my teeth driving down the road with the oldies but goodies on the radio. Love some of the music form Hank, Willie, Mell Tillis. Loretta and Patsy. The stuff they pass for country now just isn't the same. Oh, don't forget Reba and Dolly.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 05:32 AM   #18
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Song "You Don't Know Me"

Old 10-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #19
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I remember Patty Page singing this song when I was a little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #20
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: